Jordan Accuses Hamas

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan accused Hamas activists of smuggling missiles and other weapons into the kingdom and said Tuesday it was canceling a planned visit of the Palestinian foreign minister — the second diplomatic snub for the Hamas-led government in a week.

Palestinian Foreign Minister Mahmoud Zahar's visit to Jordan, which was planned for Wednesday, had been "put off until further notice," a Jordanian government spokesman said.

On Friday, Zahar went to Cairo, but Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said he was too busy for a meeting.

The Jordanian spokesman, Nasser Judeh, told The Associated Press that "missiles, explosives and automatic weapons were seized in the last couple of days." Hamas activists had managed to smuggle "such dangerous weapons into the country" and store them, he said.

He would not say whether the activists had been arrested.

Osama Hamadan, a spokesman for Hamas, declined to comment on Judeh's remarks, saying late Tuesday he had not seen the Jordanian statement.

In a separate statement to the official Petra news agency, Judeh said Jordanian security services had observed Hamas activists "exploring several vital (potential) targets" in the capital, Amman, and other cities. He did not elaborate.

State television quoted Judeh as saying the discovery of the arms cache proved that "Hamas is using two languages in dealing with Jordan."

Jordan, which signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994, maintains a tough line on militants and once expelled the current leader of Hamas, Khaled Mashaal, for his activities.

Jordan and Egypt have called on Hamas to accept the Arab peace plan, which entails full recognition of Israel in exchange for full withdrawal from territory captured in the 1967 and 1973 Arab-Israeli wars.

Hamas refuses to recognize Israel.

Hamas officials have been flying around the Middle East to ask for aid, although it was not immediately clear whether that was the purpose of Wednesday's trip. Hamas is hoping for help to compensate for the U.S. and European Union's decisions to cut off funds to the Palestinian Authority because of the militant group's refusal to renounce violence and recognise Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060418/ap_on_re_mi_ea/jordan_hamas

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If the Government of the Palestinian Authority doesn't start taking action to move away from this reputation for supporting terrorism and acts of violence, then I would suggest that the condition of the region they administer is going to continue to degrade to a dangerous point.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Jordan Accuses Hamas

FiveParadox said:
If the Government of the Palestinian Authority doesn't start taking action to move away from this reputation for supporting terrorism and acts of violence, then I would suggest that the condition of the region they administer is going to continue to degrade to a dangerous point.

I will not tell you what i think of your comment, seriously, if we want palestinians authority to stop their violence, we must ask the same to the israeli governement, or you still don t understand, just go for a month in occupied territory, you will understand what i mean.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

aeon said:
I will not tell you what i think of your comment, seriously, if we want palestinians authority to stop their violence, we must ask the same to the israeli governement, or you still don t understand, just go for a month in occupied territory, you will understand what i mean.
There's no reason for harsh sentiment, aeon. I was addressing the Government of the Palestinian Authority in particular — the question was between the Palestinian Authority and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Of course I think that the State of Israel should denounce and move away from violence — but that was not the topic at hand.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
Aeon again defending Hamas and attacking Israel. :roll:

Again , johnny defending israel and attacking palestinians.

Hamas= killed 250 israelis, according to the united nations

israelis gov= 3500 palestinians, 100 000 homesless since 2000

wow , it is damn fair.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

FiveParadox said:
aeon said:
There's no reason for harsh sentiment, aeon. I was addressing the Government of the Palestinian Authority in particular — the question was between the Palestinian Authority and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Of course I think that the State of Israel should denounce and move away from violence — but that was not the topic at hand.

As long as the west(usa-canada-and the rest of ignorants)turn a blind eye on israelis governement THERE WILL BE NO PEACE.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
aeon said:
Johnny Utah said:
Aeon again defending Hamas and attacking Israel. :roll:

Again , johnny defending israel and attacking palestinians.

Hamas= killed 250 israelis, according to the united nations

israelis gov= 3500 palestinians, 100 000 homesless since 2000

wow , it is damn fair.

Well, you know, if that murderer and thief Arafat had accepted the Palestinian nation Barak and Israel offered him, and if the Palestinians stopped attacking Israel, NO ONE would have died.

Israel has a large, extremely efficient military, and is obsessive about self defense. Perhaps the Palestinians should stop murdering Israelis. Stupidity is not a defense.

My standard question to pro-Arab, anti-Israelis......Would you rather be an Arab Muslim in Israel, or a Jew in any Arab Muslim country?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I wasn't turning¹ a "blind eye", I was addressing the thread post.

Get a grip, aeon. Not every post from other users is some sort of covert attack against freedom and democracy.

:!: Revision : (1) Corrected a typing error.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary

aeon said:
FiveParadox said:

It is obvious what you think of paradox's comment ... so what!!!
I have been to Israel and to the occupied territory ...I have been to almost every country in the Mideast because I'm from there -I don't agree sometimes with what Israel does-
BUT... the Palestinians had many chances for peace , they put themselves in this situation ... Do u think Israel likes to be at war everyday? Palestenians do not believe in happy medium , they believe that Israel does not belong there and will do all it takes to send jews back to Russia, Poland and other parts of the world ...
Only palestenian mothers deliver babies and raise them to send them for suicide attacks - one had already sent 6 for suicide bombs-That is per one family-

Israel and Palestine will always be at war until Israel leaves what is occupied and Palestine stops the attacks or maybe until they start teaching their kids that we ought to make Palestine as beautiful as the Israeli part ,and we can't do this by throwing rocks forever...we can only do this by educating our kids...
Palestenian people need to stop blaming the world for being where they are .. they shoud take responsibilty for once and learn that whatever is happening to them is because they chose once upon a time to fight with a rock, not with a book...

Rachelle-

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Canadian with a hyphen

Good post, but, both sides are to blame as are superpowers in the early years. (US, UK, USSR) The only people that will ever make any difference to Israel and Palestine, are Israelis and Palestinians.

That's the long and short of it.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Canadian with a hyphen said:
I have been to Israel and to the occupied territory ...I have been to almost every country in the Mideast because I'm from there -I don't agree sometimes with what Israel does-
BUT... the Palestinians had many chances for peace , they put themselves in this situation ... Do u think Israel likes to be at war everyday? Palestenians do not believe in happy medium , they believe that Israel does not belong there and will do all it takes to send jews back to Russia, Poland and other parts of the world ...
Only palestenian mothers deliver babies and raise them to send them for suicide attacks - one had already sent 6 for suicide bombs-That is per one family-

Israel and Palestine will always be at war until Israel leaves what is occupied and Palestine stops the attacks or maybe until they start teaching their kids that we ought to make Palestine as beautiful as the Israeli part ,and we can't do this by throwing rocks forever...we can only do this by educating our kids...
Palestenian people need to stop blaming the world for being where they are .. they shoud take responsibilty for once and learn that whatever is happening to them is because they chose once upon a time to fight with a rock, not with a book...

Rachelle-

ohhhhhhh Of course it is all palestinians faults, it is the palestinians who are oppressing israelis, it is the palestinians who are giving isrealis a miserable life, and sorrounds their city with wall, it is the palestinians who goes with helicopter, rocket laucnc and attacks israelis citys, it is the palestinians who come to isreali city with bulldozer and destroys whatever they want.

I can see you know a lot about suicide bombers. here is a article from robert pape, that will enlighted your view on palestinians.Saying that palestinians mothers are raising their child to be terrorist, show that you know not much of what is going on overthere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pape

Pape's Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism controverts many widely held beliefs about suicide terrorism. Based on an analysis of every known case of suicide terrorism from 1980 to 2003 (315 campaigns and 462 individuals), he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions. . . . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland" (p. 4). "The taproot of suicide terrorism is nationalism," he argues; it is "an extreme strategy for national liberation" (pp. 79-80). Pape's volume is divided in three parts, examining suicide terrorism in its strategic, social, and psychological dimensions.

The only way , this conflict will end, is simple, is when our ignorant fools , which our west governement will recognize the stupidity of the israeli governemeent, until it is war, and this exactly what the israeli governement wants, and the fact that sharon went to the mosque in 2000 to provoke the second infitada, is a good exemple of it.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Canadian with a hyphen wrote: It is obvious what you think of paradox's comment ... so what!!!

Rachelle-

Last edited by Canadian with a hyphen on Apr 19th, 2006 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you for a post that isn't biased and filled with rage and hate. Peace will only be achieved if Palestine disarms their terrorists and then Israel holds out its hand in peace.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

Canadian with a hyphen said:
aeon said:
FiveParadox said:

Rachelle-
Thanks for your insight, fact is I believe the blame for this mess rests on Arafat's shoulders (May he Burn in Hell) he was given a huge offer in the last year of Clinton's Term and he turned it down. He stole Millions if not Billions from the Palestinians he rode the fence saying one thing and doing another all for his own interests at the cost of the Palestinians.

Israel is withdrawing a movement started by Ariel Sharon who would have been the last person anyone would have ever thought of doing something like that, but even Sharon saw the key to peace was withdrawing which is why the Israelis elected Ariel Sharon's new Likud party who will continue that movement.

Israel will however defend itself from rocket attacks and suicide bombers as long as they are attacked first. If things don't change and these attacks against Israel continue they may have to get back into the business of picking off the Leaders of Terrorist organizations.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Until it is war? Really now. How funny to hear you say that Aeon. I am very curious as to what type of war you would like to see.

Now would this be a war sanctioned by the UN?