The NDP will get their Debate

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It appears that the conservatives will give the opposition a Debate on the Afghanistan mission, but it will not amount to change. I suppose Jack got what he wanted, a cause, another shot at looking like he has input.

His opportunism will not pay off the same way it did during the Liberal minority. The Conservatives will not play the same game or bend the way Paul Martin did.

Funny how Layton was sold as the man on the hill with integrity, but still he is willing to bury principle to get what he wants. The self proclaimed conscience of the Government could use some fresh leadership.

I suppose I would have respect for Layton and his gang if they even cared one inkling about our military. They don't! Heck they don't even understand our military, so why should anyone expect them to support our troops.

Let Jack have his debate, then when he climbs down from his soapbox he'll be all out of issues.

As far as the Liberals go, well they'll grasp at any straw they can to find a way back from the Abyss.

Cheers
M

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I suppose I would have respect for Layton and his gang if they even cared one inkling about our military. They don't! Heck they don't even understand our military, so why should anyone expect them to support our troops.

coulden't say it better my self......the NDP represents for the most part the extreme urban left (feminists, homosexuals ect...) one cannot expect them to give a rats ass about our military.....in their minds they are fighting a war against our friends to the south :roll:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Retired_Can_Soldier said:

care to substaniate that position?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
BitWhys said:

care to substaniate that position?

Sure. Historically in every Federal election dating back to Trudeau the NDP has called for funding cuts to our military. During the OKA uprising then NDP Leader Audrey McLaughlan sat with Natives while our Government used the military to diffuse the situation. Quite effectively I might add. Although the media and Miss Mclaughlan used this venue for personal gain.

The NDP does not take the power of National leadership serious. It's agenda does not include our military and given the chance our troops strengths would be reduced drastically. Their touchy feely approach to International issues would place our troops in harms way without protection or equipment.

National Defense does not fit into the agenda of the NDP and I would prefer they tackled issues like healthcare or child poverty rather than the tactical placement of troops in Afghanistan.

Their view is that the military should be defanged and used ina peacekeeping capacity only which the UN will have control over troop deployment and movement. Let's not forget that it was the UN who told the Belgian soldiers to surrender in Rwanda and subsequently they were hacked to pieces by the Tutsi's. I am straying off topic a bit here, but the bottom line is I just can't trust the NDP to look out for the well being of our soldiers. Given that I have family still serving I hold their safety and treatment very dear.

The only ones who understnd our military less than the NDP are the Liberals and their record speaks for itself.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
so since the military were involved everyone was supposed to get out of the way and let them shut the Mohawks up?

I don't think so.

...It's agenda does not include our military and given the chance our troops strengths would be reduced dratically...

not as its expressed in its last campaign platform. for starters they were going to leave the Liberal's increases alone. no cuts.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Their view is that the military should be defanged and used ina peacekeeping capacity only which the UN will have control over troop deployment and movement.

yeah, I'll be interested to hear what they have to say during the debate since Afghanistan is an exception to that rule, but I'll be more interested in making sure the government has a handle on things.

Martin was working on the L20 project. I hope something like that is carried forward, as long as it doesn't revolve around Washington.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Mr. Layton is very clear that he does not support Nato action.

As for the military shutting the Natives up. The military was extremely careful and decent with the Natives at Oka. By the way, I supported their plight until the guns came out.

Then Prime Minister Brian Mulrohney purchased the land and asked for a peaceful settlement. Unfortunately, it took a whhile to diffuse the situation.

But it ended peacefully.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: The NDP will get their Debate

Mr. Layton is very clear that he does not support Nato action.

ALL NATO actions???

linkie?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would agree, Jersay; and it is fortunate for this Government of Canada that the New Democratic Party of Canada wasn't forced to use an opposition day, where a motion could have been put forth in relation to the presence of the Canadian Forces in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
It appears that the conservatives will give the opposition a Debate on the Afghanistan mission, but it will not amount to change. I suppose Jack got what he wanted, a cause, another shot at looking like he has input.

His opportunism will not pay off the same way it did during the Liberal minority. The Conservatives will not play the same game or bend the way Paul Martin did.

Funny how Layton was sold as the man on the hill with integrity, but still he is willing to bury principle to get what he wants. The self proclaimed conscience of the Government could use some fresh leadership.

Let Jack have his debate, then when he climbs down from his soapbox he'll be all out of issues.

As far as the Liberals go, well they'll grasp at any straw they can to find a way back from the Abyss.

Cheers
M

Well just to let you know, 67% of canadians wants canadians troops come home, but i know you don t care about facts, and you certainly don t care about democracy.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Hank C said:

coulden't say it better my self......the NDP represents for the most part the extreme urban left (feminists, homosexuals ect...) one cannot expect them to give a rats ass about our military.....in their minds they are fighting a war against our friends to the south :roll:

Using stockwell day in your quote, and knowing you come from the best fascist place in canada, which is calgary, means your arguement worth absotly nothing, except garbage.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Aeon don't you live in Quebec? Don't they have language police there?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jay, please respond to people's posts, instead of attempting to invalidate their opinions through completely unrelated statements. It makes it seem as though you have nothing to contribute, which I know isn't the case.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: The NDP will get their Debate

FiveParadox said:
Jay, please respond to people's posts, instead of attempting to invalidate their opinions through completely unrelated statements. It makes it seem as though you have nothing to contribute, which I know isn't the case.

That isn't what I'm doing Five. Thanks.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I hadn't entirely read the post by aeon before I responded like that, Jay, my apologies. But seriously, what is going on here? Discussions in most threads on this board have degenerated into nothing more than bickering and mudslinging! There is the occasional well-written post, with some thought put into it, but other than that, most of what we have is "You're racist!", "No, you're racist!"

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Aeon appears to have a difficulty in understanding where the fascists are in this great nation of ours...you and I have a duty to correct him.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
67% seems a bit high ebven for polls. Even so, what geography are these polls based in? Are they taken in the GTA? In Alta? In BC.

Polls are incredibly subjective.