Who hates the most?

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005

Who hates the other more - liberals or conservatives?

By Dennis Prager
Apr 4, 2006

Here are three questions comparing liberals and conservatives:

1. During the 2004 elections, which car was more likely to be "keyed," i.e., deliberately scratched -- a car with a "John Kerry" bumper sticker in an overwhelmingly conservative area, or a car with a "George W. Bush" sticker in an overwhelmingly liberal area?

2. When speaking at colleges, do right-wing or left-wing speakers need and receive police protection?

3. In a debate between a right-wing and a left-wing speaker before an audience equally divided between left and right, which audience group is more likely to boo and hiss at the speaker with whom it disagrees -- the liberal or the conservative?

Here are the answers:

1. Where I live in liberal Los Angeles, drivers of most vehicles with Bush-Cheney bumper stickers have told me (and I have often seen) that their cars (and mine) were deliberately scratched. When I have asked about the fate of cars with Kerry-Edwards stickers in equally conservative areas in, for example, Orange County or even the Bible Belt, no Democrat has reported such intentional damage to his car. This does not mean it never happens, only that it is far more rare. I would bet a lot of money -- and I am not a gambler -- that cars displaying conservative messages in liberal areas are far more likely to be defaced than cars with liberal messages in conservative areas.

2. When Ann Coulter goes to college campuses, she is accompanied by a bodyguard. And colleges routinely bring in police to protect her and to guard against student violence. No bodyguard or police contingent is necessary for Al Franken. Another leftist, Noam Chomsky, a man who has devoted his life to attacking America, goes from campus to campus without worrying about having so much as a pie thrown at him, something regularly done to conservative David Horowitz.

3. Whenever I have debated representatives of the Left before politically mixed audiences, I have been hissed and booed far more than my opponent was. Others who debate leftists report identical experiences. Why? Because in general, conservative members of the audience are more civil and less angry.

There are a few reasons for this discrepancy. One is that the more left one goes, the more one is likely to encounter people who substitute "social justice" for personal morality. Another is that in the eyes of most leftists, people who oppose their "progressive" views on the environment, the war and taxes are such morally inferior people that they are not owed decent behavior.

But the biggest reason is the most obvious one: Liberals hate conservatives far more than conservatives hate liberals.

As Howard Dean, chairman of the Democratic Party, said on national TV, "Our moral values, in contradiction to the Republicans', is we don't think kids ought to go to bed hungry at night." Republicans don't care about starving children. Liberals deem conservatives to be racist, homophobic, war mongering, money worshipping and sexist. It makes perfect sense to hate such people. I would, too.

The converse is not true. Conservatives tend to view liberals as immature and foolish. But childish adults and fools don't merit the hatred that racists do. And the liberal charge that conservatives generally label war critics "traitors" is pure fabrication.

Liberals may counter that conservatives hated President Bill Clinton. But that hatred has been more than matched by liberals' hatred for George W. Bush. And more to the point, Bill Clinton is one individual. Liberals hate virtually all conservatives with the same intensity that many conservatives hated one man named Bill Clinton.

There are conservative examples of such hatred. But they are much more rare. I am comparing the typical passionate liberal with the equally passionate conservative.

If you don't believe me, try my car test. And send the repair bill to the Democratic National Committee.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/dennisprager/2006/04/04/192342.html
I can't think of any Lefty event where Conservatives mobs went berserk. Where rent a mobs railed and ranted.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
How can they do otherwise??

Bush sent troop overseas based on a lie.

bush killed thousand of thousands of innoncent people around the world, based on a lie

Strange that your article, doesnt talk about the fact, when michael moore goes anywhere in usa, he is accompagned by 10 body guards, cause he received daily threath on his life by conservative, but the difference here, he never sent anyone anywhere based on a lie.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
missile said:
Naturally a screeching,insane harridan like Coulter needs a bodyguard[but what she really needs is a keeper!]

:lol: I agree!! What I don't understand is that there are people that take her seriously. WTF?!?!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Possibly because she is the only halfdecent looking woman the Right has :) Basically they are as ugly as their thoughts and actions are.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
zoofer said:
I can't think of any Lefty event where Conservatives mobs went berserk. Where rent a mobs railed and ranted.

I think we should start though....we need to learn to use the same weapons the left do...

missile said:
Possibly because she is the only halfdecent looking woman the Right has :) Basically they are as ugly as their thoughts and actions are.

:lol:

You wish. We will stack our women against your any day....the right is known for it's gorgeous women!

Does anyone here besides me actually read Ann's stuff, or is it just a knee jerk reaction? I know if I was a democrat, I wouldn't want to attract the attention of Ann....

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
missile said:

Lol , come on Ann coulter is really something different than being attracktive, she is skinny, she is blond( that is why she has 2 digit IQ)she talks with a low frequency voice, which can only make horny a deaf and blind man.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
ANN COULTER

Ann Coulter is the author of four New York Times bestsellers —How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)(October, 2004), Treason: Liberal Treachery From the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (June 2003); Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right (June 2002); and High Crimes and Misdemeanors:The Case Against Bill Clinton (August 1998).

Coulter is the legal correspondent for Human Events and writes a popular syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate. She is a frequent guest on many TV shows, including Hannity and Colmes, Wolf Blitzer Reports, At Large With Geraldo Rivera, Scarborough Country, HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, The O'Reilly Factor, Good Morning America and has been profiled in numerous publications, including TV Guide, the Guardian (UK), the New York Observer, National Journal, Harper's Bazaar, and Elle magazine, among others. She was named one of the top 100 Public Intellectuals by federal judge Richard Posner in 2001.

Coulter clerked for the Honorable Pasco Bowman II of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and was an attorney in the Department of Justice Honors Program for outstanding law school graduates.

After practicing law in private practice in New York City, Coulter worked for the Senate Judiciary Committee, where she handled crime and immigration issues for Senator Spencer Abraham of Michigan. From there, she became a litigator with the Center For Individual Rights in Washington, DC, a public interest law firm dedicated to the defense of individual rights with particular emphasis on freedom of speech, civil rights, and the free exercise of religion.

A Connecticut native, Coulter graduated with honors from Cornell University School of Arts & Sciences, and received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School, where she was an editor of The Michigan Law Review.

Charlie Sheen attended Santa Monica High School, where his two major interests were acting and baseball. His friends in school included Rob Lowe and Sean Penn, and with them, he filmed over 200 amateur Super-8 films. He was a pitcher for the baseball team, and his fastest pitch was 84 mph. A few weeks before graduation, Sheen was expelled from the school for poor grades and bad attendance.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would say that there is a high amount of animosity that goes either way. On Yahoo! Chat, for example, democrats and liberals are not welcome, by matter of conservative convention; many conservatives throughout the United States accuse democrats with treason, based solely on the fact that they don't support the party of the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America.

This liberal, however, attempts to be civil.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It is true many American conservatives think their liberals are traitors... I don't think they do so for the reasons you say though. Taking Cuba's, Saddam's and the Soviet Union's side for instance isn't going to sit well with conservatives.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To be honest, I don't particularly care about the Soviet Union, nor Cuba. As for the Soviet Union, it's dead, doesn't matter anymore. As for Cuba, I wasn't around, to my knowledge, when the events that transpired caused such negative reactions in the United States. Does that make me ignorant? Haha, I suppose I should read up on it one of these days.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
There is a certain demographic that tunes into Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter or to James Carville on the democractic side. That kind of high pitched ideology isn't for everyone. For Rush, Ann and James the division stops on the job as after hours they hang out together and probably laugh at all the mayhem they cause. It's theater.

Teh Soviet Union is done as is the East/West polarity that defined the cold war. It's a new world order.

On Cuba this is a interesting read about Clinton.

http://www.hermanos.org/feb24/time.html

Four years ago, senior State Department diplomats hoped Clinton would breathe fresh air into U.S.-Cuban relations. Miami's fiercely anti-Castro Cuban-American community had long blocked any thaw, though the Pentagon had concluded that Havana posed no threat to the region, and Washington had made peace with almost all its cold war enemies. But half a dozen Cuban-American Democrats who raised huge sums for Clinton in 1992 convinced the new President he could win Florida in '96 if he became even more anti-Castro than Ronald Reagan or George Bush had been.

Senior Clinton aides call the cabal the "core group." It includes Maria Victoria Arias, a Miami lawyer married to Hugh Rodham, the First Lady's brother; and wealthy businessman Paul Cejas, who occasionally stays overnight at the White House. Arias telephones Hillary frequently and often sends Clinton clippings from Florida newspapers. In regular meetings at the Colonnade Hotel in Coral Gables or at Little Havana's Versailles Restaurant, the core group plans strategy and prepares appeals, which are sent by way of private notes to Clinton's top political aides. "When an issue comes up, we try to get a consensus and present a united front," says core-group member Simon Ferro, a Miami Democratic activist.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
sanch said:
For Rush, Ann and James the division stops on the job as after hours they hang out together and probably laugh at all the mayhem they cause. It's theater.

I don't think Ann hangs with James and being a conservative isn't a 9-5 job for Ann. You should get to know her, she is very interesting.

sanch said:
On Cuba this is a interesting read about Clinton.

http://www.hermanos.org/feb24/time.html

convinced the new President he could win Florida in '96 if he became even more anti-Castro than Ronald Reagan or George Bush had been.

All this proves is Democrats have no principals and will do anything to get votes.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
And there is an article by our very own neocon David Frum. Note how the rhetoric of the conservatives he cites sounds uncannily like that of the far reaches of the left on this board.

Common cause: The websites of the antiwar conservatives approvingly cite and link to the writings of John Pilger, Robert Fisk, Noam Chomsky, Ted Rall, Gore Vidal, Alexander Cockburn, and other anti-Americans of the far Left.

Espousing defeatism: Here is Robert Novak again, this time on September 17, 2001, predicting that any campaign in Afghanistan would be a futile slaughter: "The CIA, in its present state, is viewed by its Capitol Hill overseers as incapable of targeting bin Laden. That leads to an irresistible impulse to satisfy Americans by pulverizing Afghanistan."

Excuse-making: On September 30, 2002, Pat Buchanan offered this explanation of 9/11 during a debate on Chris Matthews's Hardball: "9/11 was a direct consequence of the United States meddling in an area of the world where we do not belong and where we are not wanted. We were attacked because we were on Saudi sacred soil and we are so-called repressing the Iraqis and we're supporting Israel and all the rest of it."

http://www.nationalreview.com/frum/frum031903.asp

In my system of nomenclature most extreme Canadian leftists are really conservatives in their world view. They probably don't know it but that is alright. It is nothing they should be embarassed about.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jay said:
I don't think Ann hangs with James and being a conservative isn't a 9-5 job for Ann. You should get to know her, she is very interesting.All this proves is Democrats have no principals and will do anything to get votes

No wonder why you think she is interesting, and no wonder why u support her.

According to a 2002 submission in the UCLA Daily Bruin, Coulter has suggested that she supported the apartheid in South Africa, calling the black people there "savages." The Bruin printed: "In response to a question on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Miss Coulter said she supported the government of Israel for the same reason she supported apartheid in South Africa, because they were surrounded by 'savages.'" See: Attention-getting Coulter distorts realities [19].

Other expressions that Coulter uses to describe Muslims include "camel jockey", "jihad monkey" and "tent merchant". On her website, she has also commented that "The 'offense to Islam' ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire

Coulter has stated that women are "not as bright" as men (Hannity and Colmes - 09/23/04), "have no capacity to understand how money is earned" (Politically Incorrect - 02/26/01), and "shouldn't be in the military" (Hannity and Colmes - 05/05/04).

she was talking about herself, not the rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

You talk about democrates, but explain to us what is the difference beetween the demo and rep??

NONE

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
No it isn't, and even if it were you obviously can't tell fact from fiction...you wouldn't be the one we would look too to tell us who is what, anywhere, anytime.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
aeon said:
You talk about democrates, but explain to us what is the difference beetween the demo and rep??

Who is us? You and the voices?