Baby Boom in France...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Last Updated: Wednesday, 29 March 2006, 13:56 GMT 14:56 UK

French government eyes 'le baby boom'
In the latest in our series about motherhood and the role of the state in encouraging couples to have more children, Hugh Schofield in Paris reflects on efforts made by successive French governments to ensure women give birth to more and more children.

When people ask why I decided to settle in France six years ago, one of my answers is that it is easier to bring up a family here. Because it's true.

The Schofields - the more children you have, the less income tax you pay
On the purely financial side, there are several ways in which government policy helps those of us who choose to breed. The most important of these is a calibrated income-tax rate which means that the more children you have, the less you pay

http://tinyurl.com/gqz2m

This seems to be in conflict with a couple earlier topics

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I wonder if they are forced to go to French schools?

But it is a good idea. Families need help. May backfire in France's case. The Muslim birthrate is high as it is. Financial rewards will sky rocket it.
So France will be back where they started, ratio wise.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
You know...I think I have the solution. Anyone ever partyed with French girls? I'm not talking Quebec-French, i'm talking France-French. Yeah...take them off birth control and the population will double in a year, I swear....man....hehe.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
France only has a baby boom because it has a very high Muslim population - and Muslims reproduce like rabbits.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Have no fear Toro by the time they are old enough to work Blackleaf will have bought his titles back "Vicount of BackSide" and "Earl of Cranky" and he will have a work force befitting his Estate.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: Baby Boom in France...

Blackleaf said:
France only has a baby boom because it has a very high Muslim population - and Muslims reproduce like rabbits.

Yeah, Blackleaf--maybe they actually ENJOY the process, unlike the British who must keep a stiff upper lip or lie back and think of England...