the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Root and Branch:
American Forces Wipe Out Family

C. L. Cook

PEJ News
March 17, 2006

In a terse statement, American military officials said two women and a child died in the raid. But police and witnesses in Ishaqi, a small town 100 kilometers north of Baghdad, tell a different story. They say, discovered in the rubble of the home were eleven members of a family. Five children, two men, and four women.

Ishaqi police spokesperson, Major Ali Ahmed says helicopters delivered troops onto the roof of a house in the middle of the night. Soldiers entered and shot the family, before destroying the house. Officer Ahmed's colleague, Colonel Farouq Hussein says autopsies were conducted in Tikrit. All eleven of the dead had gunshot wounds to the head; including the youngest, a seven month old infant. Hussein says they were all bound, their bodies found dumped together in one room of the demolished house.

"It's a clear and perfect crime without any doubt," Hussein says.

The story of the executed family, aired on local television, replete with images of the dead infant, its head displaying a "gaping head wound," has outraged the community, and officials there have demanded an explanation from the military. They say the U.S. military has arranged to meet with local leaders sometime Friday.

The entire town attended the funeral. Town administrator, Rasheed Shather expressed shock at the brutality of the attack, saying; "We want the Americans to give us an explanation for this horrible crime."

One man in attendance at the funeral angrily denounced the killings, saying; "They killed these innocent children. Are these considered terrorists? Is a seven-month-old child a terrorist?" Another, while watching wailing neighbours bury the dead, condemned America; "An entire family was killed. It's a barbaric act."

But there is method behind this barbarity.

No less a figure than U.S. Secretary of Defence, Donald Rumsfeld has unabashedly referred to the "Salvador Option" for Iraq, a reference to the U.S.-trained and supported death squads that terrorized much of Latin America in the 1980's. Credence was given to claims just such a death squad regime was emerging in Iraq when Ambassador John Negroponte was dispatched to Iraq. Negroponte was the central agent of the United States in Latin America in those dark years, long believed to have been the architect of the death squad policies there.

In conjunction with death squads, both American and British "Black Ops." have been operating in Iraq, their missions and methods classified. Some light was shed on this last September, when two British SAS agents were arrested in Basra after a brief exchange of fire with Iraqi police at a roadblock. The men, disguised as Iraqis, were found to be carrying weapons and bomb-making materials. This is a particularly salient point when considering last month's destruction of the Samarra mosque.

Recent months have seen an escalation in bombings and outrages with little discernible motive, other than to evoke outrage itself. The destruction of the Samarra mosque, one of Shia Islam's most sacred sites was initially ascribed to Sunni's. This despite the fact, the mosque is in the middle of a Sunni neighbourhood and had been co-operatively administered by both sects for decades. Since, suspicion for the bombing has fallen on American allies in the Iraqi National Guard, bent on, the belief is, sparking a sectarian war in Iraq.

Like the British before them, the American plan may now be to start a "civil war" to cover their retreat from Iraq, leaving a destabilized and chaotic country in their wake.

http://www.videos.informationclearinghouse.info/11killed.jpg

Chris Cook is a contributing editor to PEJ News, and host of Gorilla Radio, a weekly public affairs program, broad/webcast from the University of Victoria, Canada. You can check out the GR Blog here.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Johnny Utah

Darkbeaver has given at least a documented history with link, as well as a credit to the writer of the piece It is fine for you to dissagree with anyone on the forums, but can you not do better than pass judgement with half a line. Do you have any kind of proof of what you say?

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: American death squads

darkbeaver said:
You wouldn,t know a terrorist from a turnip, the truth, you can't handle the truth.
Truth is you sympathize with real Terrorists giving them a free pass while attacking the United States calling them the World's biggest Terrorist.

You care more about the treatment of Terror suspects being held at Gitmo in Cuba then victims of Terrorist attacks such as 9/11, the Bali bombings, the Madrid bombings, the London bombings. Have a nice day. :wink:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: American death squads

What is a REAL TERRORIST what does he look like, where does he come from, what language does he speak, who does he work for, the truth is Johnny Utah you don't know, you only know whats written on the back of your breakfast cereal box and what you've seen in your silly movies. If you enjoy shiting on me then have a good time but I would rather you contribute something better to the debate or are you incapable of thinking outside of the box you're in. The 9/11 victims were killed by the same people as this group of victims in Samarra, your heros. That makes you a terrorist sympathizer and thats one tiny little step away from pulling the trigger yourself.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's

darkbeaver said:
What is a REAL TERRORIST what does he look like, where does he come from, what language does he speak, who does he work for, the truth is Johnny Utah you don't know, you only know whats written on the back of your breakfast cereal box and what you've seen in your silly movies. If you enjoy shiting on me then have a good time but I would rather you contribute something better to the debate or are you incapable of thinking outside of the box you're in. The 9/11 victims were killed by the same people as this group of victims in Samarra, your heros. That makes you a terrorist sympathizer and thats one tiny little step away from pulling the trigger yourself.

DB, while I agree you can't slot a terrorist based on turban style or language, you can't honsetly buy into the fact that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by the US military in order to get to Saddam? If they were, I'm pretty sure they would have done a better job of tying them to Iraq, instead of going through Afghanistan first.

This was a pretty gruesome act though, whether it was committed by some terrorist group, the US soldiers, or the Iraqi police themselves. One thing's for sure, it doesn't bode well for the future of the mission.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

I don't believe that the US military itself acctually conducted the WTC attack no, but I do know the attack and the people who carried it out were identified well before the event and it was allowed to take place, if you think the buildings or the victims meant anything to those who control
you're mistaken, many more than the 3000 mudered in New York have died to feed thier greed, I have studied the terrorism purchased by big money for a long time, nothing is sacred to them but profit.

PS: If you hang on to the notion that the mission is the delivery of freedom and democracy you will be disappointed, it does in a certain sense have to do with freedom but not for the Iraqis.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

darkbeaver said:

I know what real Terrorists are Sport! Their Al Qaeda who have killed innocent civilans in 9/11, the Bali bombing, the Madrid bombings, the London bombings. Their the Chechnya Terrorists who committed the seige of the Russian theater and the Russian school "Beslan" where they strapped suicide vests on children even beheading some.

You don't recognize Al Qaeda as Terrorists because you would rather call the United States the Worlds biggest Terrorist saying the 9/11 victims were killed by the United States while giving the real Terrorists "Al Qaeda" a free pass because it's always blame the USA with people like you.

It's people like you with your comments and actions in the World who embolden the real Terrorists who believe they can get away with commmitting acts of Terrorism because people like you turn a blind eye to them and blame The United States or the Jews etc. This is what Al Qaeda and Bin Laden want and this is what people like you in the World are giving him.

but I do know the attack and the people who carried it out were identified well before the event and it was allowed to take place, if you think the buildings or the victims meant anything to those who control you're mistaken, many more than the 3000 mudered in New York have died to feed thier greed, I have studied the terrorism purchased by big money for a long time, nothing is sacred to them but profit.

Able Danger Unit identfied them in 2000 when Clinton was President shocking for one who seems to think he knows it all in your case you don't. You know nothing of Terrorism except towing the Bin Laden line "Blame the USA, Blame the USA".

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
LOL Beaver

I'm certain Gorilla Radio out of the University at Victoria will know much more than the documented information government is "hiding from the people of the U.S." :lol: Your link does not give a date - or the publication - just a picture of the family. When did this event happen?

Do you really believe what you have written or are you posting inflammatory material.

You have a reputation for being a bit over the top - and if Johnny Utah wishes to rebut, I appreciate that he has taken your information and shredded it for us.

Think your motivation here Beav is more of a personal opinion, diligently seeking backup information from the Kool Aide folk!

But go for it - it's an interesting read !!

Edit: If the U.S. were responsible for the deaths of this family - I will give you that it may have been friendly fire however, I would prefer to see what the report gives us after the fact. Even then I realize you will tend to disbelieve it.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
There is another face of Terrorism, the threat of Muslim Extremists wooing and recruiting North American extreamist such as-KKK, White Supremicist, Armed Militias etc. banding together. God help us if band together, these nut case will do what ever they have to to further their agendas and the Muslims know this.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

I was blaming the USA among others when you were just lumps in the pants of the football team that is your father. So you say they were identified in 2000 and I say they were identified and watched since 1994, Osama Bin Laden loves you, and so does Uncle Sam ,both
enjoy the fruits of terrorism because snot balls like you exist in the millions.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Good evidence Dark beaver.

You showed clear evidence that if not the U.S people are suppose to be the security forces of Iraq have committed a terrible crime, I guess they are trying to make a body count for this operation since they have had little resistance to them.

Johnny Utah though wants everyone to follow the U.S unquestioned and doesn't provide any links or anything to support himself.

Also, we are well aware of the 'documented' terrorist attacks that are plastered to us whenever the media sees fit, in this case I am sure its not even going to break the evening news.

That is why Dark Beaver is showing the terrorist actions taken by America and its allies in Iraq in Afghanistan and elsewhere because most of this stuff will never be on American news because they don't want to know about it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Wednesday's Child said:
LOL Beaver

I'm certain Gorilla Radio out of the University at Victoria will know much more than the documented information government is "hiding from the people of the U.S." :lol: Your link does not give a date - or the publication - just a picture of the family. When did this event happen?

Do you really believe what you have written or are you posting inflammatory material.

You have a reputation for being a bit over the top - and if Johnny Utah wishes to rebut, I appreciate that he has taken your information and shredded it for us.

Think your motivation here Beav is more of a personal opinion, diligently seeking backup information from the Kool Aide folk!

But go for it - it's an interesting read !!

Edit: If the U.S. were responsible for the deaths of this family - I will give you that it may have been friendly fire however, I would prefer to see what the report gives us after the fact. Even then I realize you will tend to disbelieve it.

The event happened during the Samarra assault, it's all in the article itself which you may not have read, friendly fire is a laundered term for death ,and does not usually pertain to incidents
that involve the head shot executions of women and children.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Darkbeaver

OK - I google'd and there are quite a few sites to visit - but it happened in 2005 - I thought you were writing about something in the past week.

I copied some addresses to save people having to look the stuff up.... but you realize the accounts are written by those who
want the war to end NOW.....and to blame the U.S. for every atrocity committed on middle-east soil. Rather close to hatred I would guess....

http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=4308

http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive 2006/iraq_death_squads.htm

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/jul2005/iraq-j06.shtml

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
DarkBeaver

If you truly believe the American military would fire into the heads of women and children without cause, then I can do nothing to redirect your thoughts.

Ugly as they are.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Sassylassie said:
There is another face of Terrorism, the threat of Muslim Extremists wooing and recruiting North American extreamist such as-KKK, White Supremicist, Armed Militias etc. banding together. God help us if band together, these nut case will do what ever they have to to further their agendas and the Muslims know this.

In Terrorism your enemy is your friend when you both have an common enemy.

Bin Laden and Saddam were never friends infact Bin Laden didn't approve of Saddam, however their hate for the United States did make them possible allies. Al Qaeda's hate for the British Government and the IRA's hate for the British Government could make them allies, the same goes for the KKK, White Supremicist groups and Al Qaeda who both hate The United States Government could make them possible allies.

There are stories of Tim McVeigh having links to Al Qaeda, that the second person who was with him on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing was an Al Qaeda member. This has never been fully proven as McVeigh took what he knew to his grave.

All Terrorists do not look like Muslims they also look like John Walker Lindh "Johnny Walker" the American Taliban Fighter.