Slaughtered by savages.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Slaughtered by savages

By TOM NEWTON DUNN
Defence Editor

THE full savagery of the slaughter of six Red Caps was revealed in horrific detail yesterday.

Families of the massacred Military Police broke down and sobbed as their injuries were listed on the second day of an inquest.

Relatives heard how the trapped patrol were shot, punched, beaten and kicked by a mob of 300 frenzied Iraqis.

Forensic evidence suggested some of the men were finally executed at point-blank range in the town of Majar al Kabir on June 24, 2003.

The sickening catalogue of violence left several family members attending yesterday’s hearing inconsolable.

Two women ran from the Oxford court in tears while several fathers cried openly.

Most injuries were inflicted on the youngest victim, 20-year-old Lance Corporal Tom Keys, who was probably killed with a shot to the temple while curled up clutching his legs.

The ex-Para may have been first tortured by being held down and shot in the shins before suffering 31 bullet wounds and cuts and bruises all over his body.

Pathologist Dr Nicholas Hunt told how he had found heavy bruising to the genitals of patrol commander Sergeant Simon Hamilton-Jewell.

The 41-year-old was hit by at least 14 bullets, most at an angle that indicated he was already lying on the ground.

Corporal Russ Aston, whose widow Anna attended the hearing, was hit by at least 13 bullets and suffered 28 entry and exit wounds.

Cpl Aston, 30, was shot four times through the neck and also in the forehead, right cheek, shoulder, chest, armpit, stomach, thigh and hip.

A fourth MP, Corporal Simon Miller, 21, was shot three times in the chest at point-blank range. He suffered multiple other bullet wounds, was punched in the head and hit in the chest by a rifle butt.

All the men — from 156 Provost Company based in Colchester, Essex — were thought to have been shot with 7.62mm Kalashnikov assault rifles.

After the hearing L/Cpl Keys’ father Reg, who attended with Cpl Aston’s dad Mike and Cpl Miller’s dad John, said: “It’s the worst possible scenario because I had always hoped Thomas died painlessly.”

There was high drama inside and out of the court when families clashed with Dr Hunt, one of three Home Office pathologists involved, over his use of photos of the dead Red Caps during a conference.

Sgt Hamilton-Jewell’s brother Tony confronted him in the street demanding an apology.

Post mortem reports will be heard today on the other MPs, Corporal Paul Long, 24, and Lance Corporal Ben Hyde, 23.

*PARACHUTE Regiment hero Captain Richard Holmes, 28, blown up in Iraq two weeks ago, was buried yesterday with full military honours near Andover, Hampshire.

thesun.co.uk

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Re: RE: Slaughtered by savages.

Jay said:
Well then you won't mind our retaliation.

Of course he will. He laments naked embarrassed terrorists in Abu Ghraib but pooh poos horrific torture by inhuman ghouls.

They could just have shot them like civilized SS Stormtroopers but that is not the mad Islamofascist's way.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think savage refers to the way in which these men were killed. If American soldiers showed such violence you would be screaming about it but if Iraqis torture and mutilate soldiers, it's apparently ok I guess.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would be quite concerned with such acts from the United States Armed Forces, just as I am concerned with such acts from these persons (whomever they were) in Iraq. Such things are not acceptable (well, neither is the war in its entirety, but that's for another discussion).

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
no such acts by either iraqis nor americans can be condoned
renounce violence iraqis
renounce violence america
renounce violence canada
renounce violence one and all

lets try and build a better world together - ok?

im so disappointed at some of the strong language on this thread--

come on fellow posters try and be more positive!!!!

be happy

happy like- cortez

snap out of it

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Slaughtered by savage

The Great Cortez returns from the wilds, All Hail Cortez.
Death to the Empire, Death to the corporations, Death to religious fruit baskets, Death to death. Long live death.
Positive positive positive positive cough/cough/sqeek/fart/squeek.

I forgot, have a happy positive death. :lol:

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: Slaughtered by savage

darkbeaver said:
Death to the Empire, Death to the corporations, Death to religious fruit baskets, Death to death. Long live death.

carefull-- it only took Cosmo a mere 5 minutes to BREAK cortez last night--
trust me beaver you dont want to know the details but -- what those troopers endured as described at the top of the thread is NOTHING compared to what happened to me

for goodigoodness sakes BE CAREFULLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

tracy said:
I think savage refers to the way in which these men were killed. If American soldiers showed such violence you would be screaming about it but if Iraqis torture and mutilate soldiers, it's apparently ok I guess.

Read about Mai Lai and Carey and crew you know Vietnam, what do people expect it,s war how can you murder people with dignity, no ones applauding these deaths, the manner of thier passing was no doubt horrible, buts that is the crime of war and we must not paint
all Iraqis with the same brush, they don,t murder any better or worse than any other people who engage in the stupidity of war and if you think it,s any more civilized to die by napalm then you're fools, or maybe you think smart bombs don't hurt women and children when thier blown from thier beds in the middle of sweet dreams.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Re: RE: Slaughtered by savage

cortez said:
darkbeaver said:

carefull-- it only took Cosmo a mere 5 minutes to BREAK cortez last night--
trust me beaver you dont want to know the details but -- what those troopers endured as described at the top of the thread is NOTHING compared to what happened to me

for goodigoodness sakes BE CAREFULLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worry not illustrious Cortez for Careful is one of my middle names.
I know the pain of exclusion that you have endured at the hands of your inquisitors has tempered your steel, I could not sleep last night because of the pain you had to undergo for my sins.

pfunks5

Mar 16, 2006
Just another double standard, reading some of these post i found that it seems if and iraqi does this it is fine, but if and american or british soilder did something even far less like beat him all of you would be calling a human rights violtion. If they can do it, there is not reason why the brits and americans cant do the same things to them.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
id have to agrree with you beaver
i think that having a machine-- ie a bomb dropped from a plane-- murder torture disfigure you etc is no better no worse than the manner of death described above

i think people in the west have gotten "used " to killing people from the safety and distance of a plane 1 mile up -that some of them cant see its as horrible and savage as how those red caps were killed

and before anyone jumps on me---
yes as i said nothing can codone EITHER act

pfunks5

Mar 16, 2006
No there is a huge differnce would you rather get bombed and have no idea what hit you or just be doing your job and then a bunch of nuts beat you to death. I'd say thats alittle differnt wouldnt you.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

cortez said:
id have to agrree with you beaver
i think that having a machine-- ie a bomb dropped from a plane-- murder torture disfigure you etc is no better no worse than the manner of death described above

i think people in the west have gotten "used " to killing people from the safety and distance of a plane 1 mile up -that some of them cant see its as horrible and savage as how those red caps were killed

and before anyone jumps on me---
yes as i said nothing can codone EITHER act

WE also like to kill them from the safty of our portfolios, we hide behind the stock markets which insulate us from the nasty dirty work that our money performs., we positively love a bull market, the returns on munitions make us fat and happy, death by investment is a rotten way to go.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

pfunks5 said:
No there is a huge differnce would you rather get bombed and have no idea what hit you or just be doing your job and then a bunch of nuts beat you to death. I'd say thats alittle differnt wouldnt you.

If you,er giving me a choice I,d rather be beat to death by cashews than bombed, or perhaps brazil or maybe death by acorns, yes death by nuts for me please.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
yes- and to a large extent-- the mainstream media way of shielding you--

example - i saw no picture of that taxi driver body that was accidentallly killed yesterday-- no footage of his grieveinng family--
we had the whole thing presented to us from the POINT OF VIEW of the military itself---
its very biased-- but as biased as it is it isnt even perceived as bias by the public...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Slaughtered by savage

Today they corrected the story it was not the driver that was snuffed but the passenger, the army says they rendered assisstance but the family have a different story. The mass media is the last place we'll learn about war, they closed that hole after Nam. But they'll tell us stories endless stories fairytales for fools.