BNP criticised over Danish cartoon lealfets.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
BNP criticised over Prophet cartoon lealfets
2nd March 2006

The British National Party has been criticised for distributing leaflets containing one of the Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed that has caused controversy worldwide.

The far-right party is thought to have handed out about 5,000 of the documents in north Staffordshire as part of a nationwide campaign to highlight the issue of freedom of speech.

The cartoon is set alongside a photograph of the rally in London last month in which some protestors carried placards which read things like "Slay those who insult Islam".

Dr Phil Edwards, national press officer for the BNP, said half a million copies of the leaflets had been printed off for distribution nationwide.

He said: "It shows Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and there's another photo of all those Muslims in London with their placards about exterminating unbelievers.

"And the leaflet asks 'Which do you find offensive?"'

Dr Edwards said the leaflet was not meant to offend individual Muslims but to show how Islam was incompatible with Western values.

A statement on the BNP website said: "A healthy democracy needs cartoonists to poke fun at humourless fanatics and would-be religious dictators. Threatening to murder cartoonists isn't freedom of speech, it's an example of how Islam and our Western values just do not mix."

Leaders of local faith groups in Stoke-on-Trent met yesterday, at the site of a proposed mosque whose development is being opposed by the BNP, to pray for peace and unity within the city.

The impromptu Act of Solidarity was organised by the North Staffordshire Forum of Faith, and included representatives from Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Sikh, B'hai and Hindu groups.

In a statement the Bishop of Stafford, the Rt Revd Gordon Mursell, chairman of the forum, said: "It is wrong and irresponsible that this cartoon has been produced by the BNP with the intention of causing hurt to our Muslim brothers and sisters and to divide a community who are working so hard to cement the existing good relations.

"Right-minded people will see through this blatant and desperate exploitation. An attack on any religion is an attack on all religions."

dailymail.co.uk

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
As I think I pointed out once before in this forum, the British National Party is a splinter of the old Brish Facsist party. This is the problem which I find with the Danish flag protest. Is that it is populer blankit support from facsists in an attempt to antagonize without a proper statment. This has always been the way facsists act and try to drum up soft support. Unlike the writers menafesto which clearly explains why they are against the spread of extremist forms of Islam and is for tolerance, understanding and enlightenment, the BNP are using this cartoon to achieve nothing then ignorance, puplicity and anger.

Menafesto http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...686&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: BNP criticised over D

that said they do have a point, but I agree, they are using it, but then everyone knew they would.....unfortunatly the muslims who participated in this protest and who have called for the death of these cartoonists have pretty much brought it upon themselves.

And frankly I dont see a difference between saying you will kill someone because they are a non-believer (or a Kaffir as they call em) and being a facist.

they are one in the same, but these extremists have the cloack of Islam to hide behind, both are completly abhorent

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Actually you said something I agree with. There's very little difference between BNP and the Conservative Islamists.

the BNP are opritunists like any neo facsist or ultra nationalist group/party. They side with the same people (conservative islamists) is it helped with anti-sematism. *shrugs*

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: BNP criticised over D

Daz_Hockey said:
unfortunatly the muslims who participated in this protest and who have called for the death of these cartoonists have pretty much brought it upon themselves.

But it seems that the "left" has decided we aren’t to do anything about it and just accept it and foster the notion of appeasement to these people. Their going to be the death of us, I swear.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: BNP criticised over D

Jay said:
Daz_Hockey said:
unfortunatly the muslims who participated in this protest and who have called for the death of these cartoonists have pretty much brought it upon themselves.

But it seems that the "left" has decided we aren’t to do anything about it and just accept it and foster the notion of appeasement to these people. Their going to be the death of us, I swear.

To oppose the anti-semitism, violent attitudes, intolerance and drive for world conquest of Muslims is bigoted and racist Jay. It's part of their culture! Try to remember that!