Iran offers to fund Hamas

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Iran’s leader offers to fund Hamas government

Ahmadinejad urges Palestinians not to fear West’s threat to cut aid

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran on Wednesday offered to help finance a Palestinian Authority run by the Hamas militant group, state radio reported.

The secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, Ali Larijani, announced the offer after a meeting with Khaled Mashaal, the political leader of Hamas, the report said.

Larijani said the decision was taken after the United States said it would not provide aid to an authority governed by Hamas until the group renounces violence, recognizes Israel and agrees to abide by existing agreements between Israel and the Palestinians.

“The United States proved that it would not support democracy after it cut its aid to the Palestinian government after Hamas won the elections. We will certainly help the Palestinians,” Larijani said, according to the radio.

The United States and European Union, which consider Hamas a terrorist group, have said they will halt their grants of hundreds of millions of dollars of aid to the Palestinian Authority after a Hamas government takes office unless it changes its attitude toward Israel and violence.

Hamas has long called for the destruction of Israel and has refused to negotiate with the Jewish state. Its leaders have refused to change their policies since the group won last month’s Palestinian elections by a landslide.

Drumming up support
On Tuesday, a moderate Hamas leader, Ismail Haniyeh, was asked to form a government by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

Mashaal and his delegation were in Iran in the latest stop of a tour of Arab and Islamic nations aimed at drumming up support as Israel and the United States move to cut off money to the Palestinians.

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, on Monday called for Muslim nations to provide aid to a Hamas-led government and expressed support for the group’s refusal to recognize Israel.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also indicated Monday that Hamas should not fear the West’s threat to cut off funds. “Since the divine treasures are infinite, you should not be concerned about economic issues,” IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying in an apparent reference to Iran’s oil wealth.

Israel and the United States have long accused Iran of giving financial and material support to Hamas. But Iran has always replied it gives only moral backing.

Hamas suicide bombers have killed hundreds of Israelis. But the group has respected an informal cease-fire since early last year.

Link

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
Hamas suicide bombers have killed hundreds of Israelis. But the group has respected an informal cease-fire since early last year.

Link

Hamas has killed hundread of israelis, and israelis governement has killed more than 3500 palestinians, left 100 000 homeless,destroyed 9 high school, and on top of it, it is hamas who considered as a terrorist, i guess it is not terrorism, when we do it.

Strange that iran wants to fund hamas these days, i though they already funded it, according to some ignorant in here.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Iran offers to fund H

Toro said:
Iran already funds Hamas. What they mean is that they'll fund it more.

No no, you are mistaken with saudi arabia which is the main financial support for hamas, iran has never financially support hamas,it is only us officials who claims that, and the world knows what us officials claims means.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

darkbeaver said:
I,ll be sending them fifty bucks tomorrow.

Response: Hamas has been so dedicated to health services and education in the Middle East, I would love to give support to that organization, but apparently it is illegal in Canada because our government is spineless. I do not believe the Canadian government has recognized the democratically elected government of Palastine. How do you say 'hypocrite'. :?:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

PoisonPete2 said:
darkbeaver said:

Response: Hamas has been so dedicated to health services and education in the Middle East, I would love to give support to that organization, but apparently it is illegal in Canada because our government is spineless. I do not believe the Canadian government has recognized the democratically elected government of Palastine. How do you say 'hypocrite'. :?:

There is no moral requirement that we recognize a government that is led by an organization that has a mission statement that calls from the destruction of our ally, Israel, and genocide against the Jews.

The fact they were elected merely points up the fact that the brain-washed Palestinian population as a whole are the enemy of Israel, and us.

The requirement for recognition is not the destruction of the Hamas organization, it is simply that they disavow genocidal war.

Not too much to ask, I would think.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

PoisonPete2 said:
darkbeaver said:

I agree we have a spineless government because we,are spineless and we should have recognized Palistine long ago, but Uncle Sam told us not to.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Funny enough, does it surprise nobody how America and the west handed Iran exactly what it was looking for with its knee-jerk reaction to the Hamas victory.

I remember when it was AmeriCAN as opposed to AmeriCON.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

Colpy said:
PoisonPete2 said:
darkbeaver said:
There is no moral requirement that we recognize a government that is led by an organization that has a mission statement that calls from the destruction of our ally, Israel, and genocide against the Jews.

The fact they were elected merely points up the fact that the brain-washed Palestinian population as a whole are the enemy of Israel, and us.

The requirement for recognition is not the destruction of the Hamas organization, it is simply that they disavow genocidal war.

Not too much to ask, I would think.

RESPONSE: Oh! I did not realize Canada was "an Ally" of Israel> What military agreement does Canada have with that Nation, led, as it is by a war criminal. Or is it an ally to us automatically because it is allied with the U.S. So the "Palestinian population as a whole are the enemy of Israel, and us." I heard no debate on this issue. Is that how your democracy runs?

So a country that would vote in a way other than your political suasion is filled with the "brainwashed" and thus the will of the People should be dismissed and disregarded. Hmm. That doesn't seem very democratic. I really wonder who is 'brainwashed". Do you really believe that the Palastinians are "brainwashed" because they vote for leaders who would vigourously champion their aspirations toward freedom from Occupation rather than a cowed and cowardly group of apologists.

Until such time as the new government of Palastine rescinds the current Treaties, all of the recognitions and treaties and agreements made by the previous government still stand.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Toro said:
America is awesome.

Totally , america is the most beautiful place in the world, just look how beautiful is mexico, united states, canada, and the whole south america, it is just incredible.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

aeon said:
darkbeaver said:

Can we??

if we can, i 'll do it with proud.

RESPONSE: I do hope this resonse is not viewed as 'counselling to commit an indictable act', but rather as an exersize of my freedom to speak.
If you do send money to support the good works of Hamas or to protect the democratic decision of the Palestinian people, please do not do it in a way that the funding could be traced back to you. Since Canada has placed the organization of Hamas on the 'Enemies List', such an act would be tenamount to treason. You may find yourself subject to arrest without charge, secret detention, denied legal redress, spirited to another country to be tried under their laws or to be subjected to torture and privation. Yes, this is Canada, a country where RCMP break into a journalist's residence because she may have documents showing that the PM is consorting with criminals.
But if you do send money to Hamas, put me down for $50.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Iran offers to fund Hamas

jimmoyer said:
Iran was cleaning out the lint in its own navel while
they let the Palestinians depend on the zionists for
jobs and access.

Now they're the HEROES !!!

RESPONSE: It's a very scary truth. The arab nations were content to lend lip service in support of a Palastinian homeland while the Palastinians were beggered at the doors of their Occupiers. Perhaps in exchange, those Arab leaders were allowed to continue with their totalitarian ways. But now Iran, in keeping with the tenet of Quoran??, is lending a hand to a brother. But even more loathesome is that Iran has floated its intent to accept Euros in exchange for oil. This breach of a 40 year old agreement will get a response from the US. I would guess it will begin with a single, well intentioned bullet. Its not a stretch. Bush killed thousands to silence Noreaga. Junior Bush killed tens of thousands to slap Saddam. And Besides, Robertson has already tested the waters of political assassination and got a yawn and a chuckle.