Jill Caroll

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
I'm sure everyone has seen one of her pleas for her life on national television. Her latest plea irks me:

I'm here. I'm fine. Please, just do whatever they want. Give them whatever they want as quickly as possible. There is very short time. Please do it fast,"

Lady, two things to point out to you:

1. They haven't killed you yet, even though they claimed if their demands weren't met a month ago they would.

2. If their demands are met, they'll kill you. The last thing they're going to do is let you loose so a coalition force can assault the place you were held captive in.

Furthermore, Western Governments never negotiate with terrorists. Does she honestly think that coming on TV and undermining her Government, that she'll somehow change their 100 year old policy? The answer is no. The Government really doesn't care about one captured American woman. Setting free some Iraqi females who are responsible for terrorist attacks that kill and maim dozens of U.S. soldiers each week isn't going to be on their agenda. Furthermore, why is it that she's so subjective to her captives? Wearing a hijab? Issuing their demands? When she first appeared on TV ages ago she was wearing Western clothes. So her captors didn't take issue with her dress then. I'd be willing to bet being clothed like that is her idea. How about standing up to them? If they plan on killing you, wearing their clothing for your last days isn't going to change their minds. Before they abducted you, they already knew if you were going to live or die. So why not just show a little fortitude and NOT cooperate. Maybe it's just me, but if i've got to buy the farm, the last thing I want people to remember me for is coming on CNN and begging for my life. In her defence I will say she didn't make herself a target for abduction. Being a journalist didn't mark her. I'd have even less time for her if she'd been some christian peacemaker. Why? Think about it folks CHRISTIAN Peacemaker. Yes, i'm am flamboyantly Christian in the middle of Iraq, not the most religiously tolerant nation. Why was I captured and threatened with beheading? I'm so confused. :roll:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I guess that would be a good contender for "rant of the day". :p