Israel and USA VS Iran - more fear mongering

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Fear is once again being used to win elections and support for
"pre-emptive" military strikes , this time in Israel.

The Likuc party is warning voters that Iran might just blow them all up, since Iran now has an almost-working nuclear reactor. Its a tentative connection at best, its somewhere down the roa not soon, its likely never going to happen.

Not going to happen that is, unless Israel goes ahead and does a pre-emptive strike on non-existant weapons facilities.

Pre-emptive - before the threat materialises, before we know for sure, just in case.

Not "going to war regrettably", as the last option,, after damage has been done, after thousands killed and no end in sight, when the justification is real. No, just do it anyways, just in case.Start a nuclear war between whatever two sides materialise after it gets started....

Its dumb, and its obviously the same group that got the USA "a;; the way to Baghdad" - BushCo, Israelis loyal to BushCo [or, the Israelis who tell Bush what to do?] , and all their Elite Corporatist types who benefit from any war, just like they did in WW2. And every war. Same group.

Actual threat, or just percieved threat, it is good enough as long as it gets civilians afraid enough that they support military intervention.

An excuse to go to war - does this sound familiar?

Links:

"Recent reports suggest that the U.S. may be preparing its allies for an imminent military strike against facilities of Iran's suspected clandestine nuclear weapons program." -
http://tinyurl.com/ddkc9

"Likud members: Bomb Iran"
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3193102,00.html

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Respectfully Karlin, I got a common sense question
for you.

If you said bad things about the big bully bothering
you and you continued to agitate him, would you be
surprised if he came over to wallop you on the head?

And would you cry like a child claiming his reaction
was overkill and that it was unfair ?

Or would you have the sense not to bait the
big bully and move on to more positive behavior ?

By the way Karlin, one of the best responses I heard
to these questions was in the form of a really
bad Jewish holocaust joke. One Jew says to another
prisoner about the Nazi guard: Be nice to him so it will
go easier on you.

So I'm not picking on you, man, but do sincerely want
to know how you respond to these questions.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
"Recent reports suggest that the U.S. may be preparing its allies for an imminent military strike against facilities of Iran's suspected clandestine nuclear weapons program."

Good, the sooner the better. Perhaps the newly elected leader of Iran and his cabal should tone it down a bit and stop making claims that Israel should be wiped off the map and while they are at it, they should apologize to the Palestinians for prolonging their agony by ignoring and sometimes hindering their cause.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Yep, just look at what the Arab oil money went towards.

It certainly avoided creating jobs, investment and
infrastructure for Palestine, preferring cynically to
leave the jobs to the Israeli to provide.

Both the zionists and the arab oil money certainly
owe some help towards Palestine, for both
have cynically manipulated the situation.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! JimMoyer

Yuh know; I think the damn Israeli supporters get up every morning and think it their mission to bad mouth an Arab or a Muslim. They cream their pants everytime they can degrade another race or religion. They patrol boards like this and spew their garbage.

And I'll tell you straight up .... if my lights dim because Israel attacks Iran and where Israel itself has nuclear weapons and refuses to sign the non-proliferation agreements .... you guys wearing those tukes and pig-tails better hide out because I'll be one of millions looking to hear the justification for war .... and if not, you better just slink away like the Hitler's you all are.

That is all Israel has done since the beginning of time. Spied on everyone .... even used false Canadian passports and war mongered all throughout history.

In the American press they call the Jewish folks "NeoCons" and we know it was the NeoCons and their dual citizenship and their loyalties to Israel who sweet talked a retarded American president into the war with Iraq. Neo-Con is just another word for Jew.

Just who the hell are these Israeli clowns anways? 8 million people putting the rest of our lives in jeporady.

Just look at where the Israeli money went. Nevermind what the Palestinian's did with their money.

For 60 years Israel scrounged the world with the old guilt trip of the poor hollocaust victims and collected zillions ...... They built buildings to honour the hollocaust victims and then starved them.

Holocaust survivors 'in poverty'
December 29, 2004

A Holocaust survivor's support group has said 40% of survivors in Israel are living below the poverty line, Israel Radio has reported.

Most of the 170,000 people affected emigrated from the former Soviet bloc and now get little financial help.

Zeev Factor, the chairman of the Holocaust Survivors' Welfare Fund, says many survivors get no pensions and have to live off $390 a month.

Israel officially sets the poverty line at an income of $400 a month.

Mr Factor said his fund, which provides welfare and medical assistance, was "running out" of money.

"These people live off 1,800 shekels ($390) [per month] and are today extremely old and many of them in precarious health condition," he told Israel Radio.

Inequality

Holocaust survivors aged over 65 who arrived in Israel in the last 10 years from eastern Europe have found themselves lacking financial support from both their homelands and Israel, Mr Factor said.

He added that survivors who arrived in Israel after World War II from the West can be entitled to pensions from international Jewish organisations and the Israeli, German, Austrian and Swiss governments.

Israel's parliament approved a bill earlier this month that would give survivors an extra $11 million of support for rent and prescription medicines.

However, the bill will only become law if it passes two more readings scheduled to be held after March's general election.

The Israeli finance ministry says it provides $326 million of support to Holocaust survivors every year

And look at this:

Israel's Corruption was Inevitable
The Spoils of War
By James Brooks
December 31, 2005
http://www.counterpunch.com/brooks12312005.html

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Hey, Paranoid Dot Calm !!

Your passion backed up by the facts is quite
sincere and accurate in many ways.

There is no doubt at zion manipulation.

Nor is there any doubt at the manipulation by the
Arab Oil elite who have quite a lot of money they
call their own.

I'm not sure why ONE TRUTH has to slam into
oblivion other truths.

In fact this conversation ought not to infuriate us
but rather inform us even more of the prevailing
truths that live in stereo, even in quadro-phonic sound,
full of all the treble and bass, full of a sound
richer than one shrieking treble voice.

oh gawd...
carry me away now...

Anyway, Paranoid dot Calm, I don't wish to
trounce upon what you know to be true, but rather
wish to have a more informed two-way conversation.

Sincerely, because I don't want people of
various viewpoints to leave. This is a great board.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I would support airstrikes against Iran, but only if they continue with their nuclear program. I shudder to think of even the remote possibility of terrorists getting their hands on nuclear weapons.

The reality of the matter thou is that airstrikes here will not help. The Iranians have anticipated this scenario in advance and have as a result been working on their nuclear program deep underground. The only foreseeable approach would be for heavily armed ground troops or commandos to storm the underground facilities.

doug

Apr 4, 2005
I would support anything that prevents the Arab world being gaining access to or possession of nuclear weapons. Rest assured Israel and the US are aware of any and all defences put in place by the Iranian government and have put in place appropriate scenarios to deal with this.

This is not the way for Iran to gain access to the real world that continues to turn while Iran and its like thinking cohorts regress and desire a place in history reminiscent of the dark ages. Better they think along the lines of human and equal rights, trade, and losing the hate for a country that's not going away without taking a huge chunk of arab real estate with it.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I would support airstrikes against Iran, but only if they continue with their nuclear program. I shudder to think of even the remote possibility of terrorists getting their hands on nuclear weapons.

The reality of the matter thou is that airstrikes here will not help. The Iranians have anticipated this scenario in advance and have as a result been working on their nuclear program deep underground. The only foreseeable approach would be for heavily armed ground troops or commandos to storm the underground facilities.

Now so you would support bombing Iran as they try to get electricity from their nuclear plant, for shame.

However, I am kidding with that comment, and the Iran issue is extremely important. The comments from their leader doesn't help, but that is the thing.

How about if you take their comments for face value, they want a plant for electricity, it is 50/50 chance that is all it is. American intelligence isn't perfect, and the Israelis would phony up info in a second to get rid of another Arab enemy, so you need evidence from a third party before you have American boys, Iranian and Israeli boys killing each other.

And is it wise to maintain this tense relationship with Iran when the Iraqi government supports Iran. A good choice of democracy I would say.

The Americans get rid of Saddam, and now end up with a regime with ties to Iran.[/quote]

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
People in power are going to be forced to
make decisions, right or wrong.

I feel we will just be voyeurs of a new disaster.

Being conservative myself, I'm not sure I'm full
square behind any bellicose statements by the
conservatives or by the outrage of the left.

All I know, is that the words are ratcheting up
the ante.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I would support anything that prevents the Arab world being gaining access to or possession of nuclear weapons. Rest assured Israel and the US are aware of any and all defences put in place by the Iranian government and have put in place appropriate scenarios to deal with this.

This is not the way for Iran to gain access to the real world that continues to turn while Iran and its like thinking cohorts regress and desire a place in history reminiscent of the dark ages. Better they think along the lines of human and equal rights, trade, and losing the hate for a country that's not going away without taking a huge chunk of arab real estate with it.

Tell that to the Palestinians my friend and you will soon know that Israel is not a good 'human rights and equality follower.'

And that is the thing. The Americans and the Israelis, to an Arab persepective, having all their nuclear weapons have an unfair advantage over the Arabs, who probably want some weapon, lets say a nuclear bomb to counter it out.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jersay

Your assumption that there is a 50/50 chance may be accurate, but if you were living in Israel listening to the leader of Iran suggesting you and your people get wiped off the map, are you willing to take those chances?

Furthermore, for the moment the US has left the issue with the EU and Russia and try to sort things out. Let's see what happens.

doug

Apr 4, 2005
That's very interesting Calm.

You see, I'm really tired of being held up as the bad guy in middle east politics politics because I'm white, from the west and Christian.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! JimMoyer

You differentiate between Jews and Zionists but refuse to do the same with the Iranian people and those who are in power .... you bunch all the Iranian's into one category but hide behind the word Zionist when referring to the Jews.

If the Iranians are responsible for the government they have, then so too are the Jews.

Calm

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Opposed to Nuclear Weapons

I am opposed to any use of nuclear energy for the purpose of weapons by any nation, the United States, Canada, and Iran inclusive — the effects of nuclear warfare are too destructive, too long-term, and too inhumane — but then again, I suppose all weapons are, to varying degrees, inhumane.

If the United States were to begin "strikes" against Iran in the same manner that it has on other countries in the past, with its current spending practices, without regard to the monetary consequences, the United States could end up with an insurmountable federal debt. While money isn't everything, the United States should be careful, in my opinion, not to go nuts with legislating budgets in the red.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! 5Paradox

The Jewish folks own Wall Street and the largest threat that Iran has against Wall Street is that Iran wants to sell it's oil and gas for the Dinar and not the US dollar. This would destroy the U.S. hegemony.

It has nothing to do with nuclear weapons.

Saddam tried to sell his oil for Euro's and was a threat to the US hegemony.

The U.N. claims that Iran will not have the bomb for 8 or 10 years.

Russia has offered to give them the heavy water and not have Iran manufacture it.

The Israeli supporters always depend on our ignorance of facts and keep spewing their hatred.

Calm

doug

Apr 4, 2005
Wow Calm. Youre hatred for Jews and the population of Israel is really palpable. So much it seems to have blinded you to the age old threat and one that is repeated daily, that Israel must be wiped off the globe.

Wherever does it come from, this hatred of yours?