Saddam Trial - Gen.Ramsey Clarke defends Saddam

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Gen. Ramsey Clarke, former general in the USA army, takes the defense stand for Saddam. He has been 'smeared' with the LEFTIST label by western media, as if that would throw a bad light on his choice to defend Saddam. Not to me...

His presence there cannot be a comfort to BushCo's United Snakes of America. Fmr Gen Clarke tells of the illegal occupation by the USA , as well as demanding the USA under Bush must face trial for his Fallujah Massacre and the use of chemical weapons there [phosphorus bombs].

I have not seen much detail about Fmr Gen.Clarke's opinions come out in the Western Press mass media. Perhaps it is just a different defination of the word "FREEDOM", where Arab nations have a better understanding of it, I dunno. I found these stories in Al Jazzeera[links below to that website].

Gen Clarke - "The special court in Iraq was created by the Iraqi governing council, which is nothing more than a creation of the US military occupation and has no authority in law as a criminal court," he said.

Clark also said the US itself must be tried for the November assault on Falluja, destruction of houses, torture in prisons and its role in the deaths of thousands of Iraqis in the war.

http://tinyurl.com/4bhmb [Ramsey Clarke quotes]

http://tinyurl.com/8yrqn [Saddam trial]

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Some crazy Loony Lefty who loves Saddam.

Obviously must be Canadian.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

He is a true American who believes in innocence until proven guilty.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Some crazy Loony Lefty who loves Saddam.

Come on Blackleaf. You can do better than that. Look at the man's bio. At least have the respect to offer a sincere argument.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Gen Clarke - "The special court in Iraq was created by the Iraqi governing council, which is nothing more than a creation of the US military occupation and has no authority in law as a criminal court," he said.

How very true. Saddam should of been sent to Hague like Milosovic not to a "kangaroo court" that will not give him the fair trial he is entitled too.

Milosovic was no better and he was tried at the Hague and the same should apply to Saddam.

General Clarke's opinion should be listened too but yet again this is another instance that the Bush Crime Family won't listen to anyone elses views.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

"I am not afraid of execution," Saddam tells court

A teaser:

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Saddam Hussein said in a heated exchange with the judge today that "I am not afraid of execution" during an unruly trial in which the first witness took the stand and testified that the former president's agents carried out random arrests, torture and killings.

The outburst was one of several by Saddam or his co-defendants during the session that also saw a brief walkout by his defense lawyers.

Following the witness' testimony, Saddam defended his actions and told the court that he understood the pressures upon it in his trial. He and his seven co-defendants could be executed if convicted on the charges stemming from the deaths of more than 140 Shiites in 1982. [/teaser]

Thats good I guess, he is tyrant but should get life instead and of course be tried at the Hague like Milosovic was.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I agree with no1, he should get life in one of those prisons he used to throw his countrymen in. Every now and then they should let a few of the family members that lost someone under his regime take a jab at him with a red hot poker. After his body is fully covered in 3rd degree burns, they should then be allowed to take a few snips off of him with a pair of scissors. Every time his life is in danger, he should be treated back to health, for the cycle to repeat itself over and over again. Death shouldn't even be an option.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
I agree with no1, he should get life in one of those prisons he used to throw his countrymen in. Every now and then they should let a few of the family members that lost someone under his regime take a jab at him with a red hot poker. After his body is fully covered in 3rd degree burns, they should then be allowed to take a few snips off of him with a pair of scissors. Every time his life is in danger, he should be treated back to health, for the cycle to repeat itself over and over again. Death shouldn't even be an option.

an eye for an eye??? What will this sadism achieve except portray the lust for revenge. Isn't civilization above that??? ........ooops sorry, "civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence. Seems this is no frichen better than what he is reputed as doing.

IF this is what one advises for him........what do the same people advise for those that kill and maim and torture under the guise of elective WARS.??? Sorry, as it stands now.......the USR is hardly
"better" than SH regime. just different.

You is NOT Judge,jury and executioner.

Ya see.......psychology comes into play here. Might be best if he is treated with humanitarian kindness to show him what civility is like.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
an eye for an eye??? What will this sadism achieve except portray the lust for revenge. Isn't civilization above that??? ........ooops sorry, "civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence. Seems this is no frichen better than what he is reputed as doing.

IF this is what one advises for him........what do the same people advise for those that kill and maim and torture under the guise of elective WARS.??? Sorry, as it stands now.......the USR is hardly

Ya see.......psychology comes into play here. Might be best if he is treated with humanitarian kindness to show him what civility is like.

You didn't mind when I had mentioned Bush needs to have the same fate, did ya? Not a peep out of you.

And yeah, Saddam Hussein deserves that kind of punishment in my opinion. You stopped short of suggesting he be rehabilitated.

Ocean Breeze said:
"civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence"

Bigot. That's what you are plain and simple.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Ya see.......psychology comes into play here. Might be best if he is treated with humanitarian kindness to show him what civility is like.[/quote]

You didn't mind when I had mentioned Bush needs to have the same fate, did ya? Not a peep out of you.

And yeah, Saddam Hussein deserves that kind of punishment in my opinion. You stopped short of suggesting he be rehabilitated.

Ocean Breeze said:
"civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence"
(plus the bigot thingie.. :x

that ITN ......is an attack on the poster....and out of line.

And I don't agree that bush should have the same fate. He should be properly tried in an international court and sentenced appropriately. ( life in prison too ) but without the sadistic torture you prescribe.

Ideally they should be roomates in prison. :wink:

(along with the rest of the immediate bush cabal.......as then true justice would be done )

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I had posted in the past Bush meet the same fate. No argument on your end, if I recall, you conviniently edited out that part to go further on something else. That would also make you a hypocrit.

It's not an attack on a poster, attacking Hogwild or whatever his name is, is a personal attack. That doesn't make you any less a bigot. Here's a phrase peapod likes to use. I call them as I see them, blah!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
I had posted in the past Bush meet the same fate. No argument on your end, if I recall, you conviniently edited out that part to go further on something else. That would also make you a hypocrit.

It's not an attack on a poster, attacking Hogwild or whatever his name is, is a personal attack. That doesn't make you any less a bigot. Here's a phrase peapod likes to use. I call them as I see them, blah!

well obviously ya don't SEE things correctly........but have it your way. :roll: :binky:

blah???? :binky: :dontknow:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
well obviously ya don't SEE things correctly........but have it your way. :roll: :binky:

Right, I can't read your posts. :roll:

If you have missed, blah, then I would like to add another colorful metaphor....nevermind.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:

Right, I can't read your posts. :roll:

If you have missed, blah, then I would like to add another colorful metaphor....nevermind.

can we get back to the frichen topic???

sheesh...... :roll:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
The trial is in Iraq, so it can be controlled by Americans, and others friendly to Bush.

If not, Saddam would be able to tell the world about how America, GW's Daddy Bush, was key to Saddams rise to power, and the USA involvement in the atrocities against the Kurds of Iraq [they supplied the gas?].

Heck, Saddam must know about the planning for 9-11 too, where the USA Bushevites convinced/forced some Saudis to fly planes into the slated-for-demolishon WTC towers. [didja know they were slated?]
That would come out in the trial, and it might disturb some Americans if they hear it on their TVs that 9-11 was planned by Bushevites as an excuse to go all the way into Baghdad, as per Rumsfeld's famous quote from 1991 [but most Americans would just say 'so what'] .

karlin

Ps - do you think this is actually the real Saddam, or a double?
Is there a double for the court proceedings, and the real Saddam will come out to testify personally at some point?
[its pretty dangerous to be on trial in that building at all - someone tried to fire a rocket missle at it this week!!]

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Karlin said:
That would come out in the trial, and it might disturb some Americans if they hear it on their TVs that 9-11 was planned by Bushevites as an excuse to go all the way into Baghdad, as per Rumsfeld's famous quote from 1991 [but most Americans would just say 'so what'] .

Bah, we can just watch The Fifth Estate on CBC :roll:

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Let's stay on topic ITN please.

The best way for this Kangaroo court is to be moved out of Iraq. Everything against him should be said and everything about America he should disclose.

His punishment should be based on the result. Amerika could be in deep POO.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

moghrabi said:
Let's stay on topic ITN please.

The best way for this Kangaroo court is to be moved out of Iraq. Everything against him should be said and everything about America he should disclose.

His punishment should be based on the result. Amerika could be in deep POO.

America IS in deep poo.......and this is why it must do everything it can to CONTROL this "trial" ..... aka farce.

the only way it can have any ligitimacy is if it were under international court following international laws. ( but remember bush and goons said something about there being no such thing as International law.......... um......unless of course it applies to another nation.

the bush goons will play this farcical trial for what it is worth and slant it in their favor. There will be nothing of value on the US media about this.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

But Saddam got his way today. First his defense team and his co-defendants stood up when he entered the court room. Second he was controlling the court. He is rallying support from the outside.

America is playing stupid. He is going to tell all I hope.