Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not Guilty

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Not guilty? It appears that Miss Sheehan is trying to insult our intelligence with her incoherent actions. Forget the small fine for demonstrating without a permit outside the White House, officials should seriously consider bringing charges of treason against her.

In my book, this lady is the one who may be responsible for some of the casualties in Iraq as her constant badmouthing the war affects troop morale and ultimately, their performance. To make matters worse, she is very unstable. Flip-flopping, first praising the president after he met with her upon the tragic death of her son and now bad mouthing everything but the kitchen sink.

She should be ashamed of herself, tarnishing the good name of her son who bravely volunteered and made the ultimate sacrifice to serve his country.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-11-16-sheehan-trial_x.htm

USA Today:

Posted 11/16/2005 3:55 PM
'Peace mom' pleads not guilty on protest charge

WASHINGTON (AP) — War protester Cindy Sheehan and several others pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of demonstrating without a permit outside the White House.
The protesters, who face fines and not jail time, were being tried Wednesday afternoon by U.S. Magistrate Alan Kay after several hours of talks with court officials about how quickly their trial could be wrapped up.

Before the trial began, Sheehan announced plans to revive her protest near President Bush's Texas ranch during Thanksgiving week, despite new county ordinances banning roadside camping.

Sheehan and other anti-war activists arrested with her Sept. 26 in Washington conducted a news conference in front of the federal courthouse Wednesday before heading to a court appearance on the misdemeanor charge.

Sheehan, whose 24-year-old soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq last year, said "2,062 people have been killed as of today in this monstrosity."

She and more than 300 others were arrested as they gathered near an entrance to the White House grounds in the September protest. Each carried a board bearing the name of a U.S. soldier killed in Iraq.

The arrests outside the White House concluded a weekend of protests that drew more than 100,000 anti-war activists, and a smaller group of counterprotesters. It was the largest anti-war demonstration since the Vietnam War.

Those arrested got $50 tickets and authorities charged them with protesting without a permit. All were released.

In Texas next week, Sheehan and at least a dozen supporters are prepared to be arrested as they return to the makeshift campsite along the road leading to Bush's ranch, where he is expected to spend the holiday.

"It is critical for our democracy that we continue to ask the same questions that Cindy Sheehan asked this summer: What is the noble cause for the war with Iraq, and at what point do we say enough bloodshed has happened?" Hadi Jawad, co-founder of the Crawford Peace House, said Tuesday.

Bush defends the decision to go into Iraq in 2003, citing the threat posed by Saddam Hussein. The president says troops will remain in Iraq as long as necessary.

Sheehan was not arrested during her 26-day vigil that coincided with Bush's working vacation at his ranch just outside Crawford.

But dozens of residents in the rural area complained of noise and traffic congestion as the protesters pitched tents in shallow ditches about 2 1/2 miles away from the ranch. Some traffic was from counter protests of hundreds of Bush supporters who said Sheehan's group was hurting troop morale.

A month later, McLennan County commissioners approved the new ordinances, which prohibit parking on parts of 14 roads near the ranch — roughly a 5-mile radius — and prohibit camping in any county ditch. The laws also ban portable toilets in ditches.

sj007

Council Member
Nov 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.canadiancontent.net
RE: Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not Guil

Those arrested got $50 tickets and authorities charged them with protesting without a permit

who do u go to get this permit and secondly

ppl can change thier minds u kno u dont have to be rock hard

this remind me of a good bizzaro cartoon if i could find it

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Re: Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not Guil

Nascar_James said:
. . . She should be ashamed of herself, tarnishing the good name of her son who bravely volunteered and made the ultimate sacrifice to serve his country. . .
And you, James, are beneath contempt for repeating that old Not-Too-Swiftboat canard.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Cindy Sheehan ... Mor

Nascar, you digust me.

The woman lost a child because of your president's lies and warmongering. She has a right to be angry. She has been doing what any concerned responisble citizen should do, she is raising public awareness and peaceably protesting against an atriocity against humanity.

What the **** happened to free speech, oh yeah I forgot that the so-called Bill of Rights only applies to Bushie's friends nowadays. Everybody else gets screwed.

I appluad her courage in speaking out for what is right even though she has taken flack for it. That is the definition of courage.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

do you actually follow these beliefs. you have a president who murders thousands of people, commits his nation to a horrendous war of aggression. and then you dump on one of the victims. how very sad.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

What about the right to free assembly? Don't we have the right to assemble to fight whatever injustice we see the government put forward. I know they didn't in Russia and still don't in many countries in this world. Is not America supposed to be the shining bastion of democracy? Isn't that what her son was fighting for?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I'm not with you on this one Nascar.

Protest within the nation is perfectly legitimate.......the right to free speech gauranteed under the First Amendment.

If she were Jane Fonda in Hanoi.....Yep, treason it is. But this is not offering aid and comfort to the enemy, it is expressing an opinion.

That said, Bush met with the woman twice....not much more he could do.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Re: RE: Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not

zenfisher said:
What about the right to free assembly? . . . Is not America supposed to be the shining bastion of democracy?. . .
Afraid not, zenfisher.

America is still a bastion, but not of freedom.

Run by bastionites, or if you prefer bastards.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Colpy said:
If she were Jane Fonda in Hanoi.....Yep, treason it is. But this is not offering aid and comfort to the enemy, it is expressing an opinion.

That said, Bush met with the woman twice....not much more he could do.

Oh no? It seems many are fogetting the events of the past few months.

Calling a terrorist a "freedom fighter" in my book is surely offering comfort.

In addition, she outright said that her son was not a war hero, but simply a war victim. What right does she have to tarnish her good son's name. He went to fight the war, not her. We have every right to call him a hero.

Read on ...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45938

Cindy: Terrorists 'freedom fighters'
Sheehan's comment to CBS, others seems to have evaporated in news coverage

Posted: August 23, 2005
10:30 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Cindy Sheehan, the so-called Peace Mom seeking a second meeting with President Bush in connection with the Iraq War death of her son, says terrorists killing Americans are "freedom fighters."

She made the remark during her trek earlier this month to Crawford, Texas; but her equating the enemy with freedom fighters has not been highlighted by the mainstream media, despite her telling it directly to a reporter for CBS News.

Sheehan's comments were recorded on video by Veterans for Peace, a group pushing for Bush's impeachment. (Editor's note: The video of Cindy Sheehan is approximately 30 minutes long, and requires several minutes to load, even with a high-speed connection.)

Mark Knoller of CBS

"You know that the president says Iraq is the central front in the war on terrorism, don't you believe that?" asked Mark Knoller of CBS, surrounded by a host of other reporters.

"No, because it's not true," Sheehan replied. "You know Iraq was no threat to the United States of America until we invaded. I mean they're not even a threat to the United States of America. Iraq was not involved in 9-11, Iraq was not a terrorist state. But now that we have decimated the country, the borders are open, freedom fighters from other countries are going in, and they [American troops] have created more terrorism by going to an Islamic country, devastating the country and killing innocent people in that country. The terrorism is growing and people who never thought of being car bombers or suicide bombers are now doing it because they want the United States of America out of their country."

A WorldNetDaily search of CBS News, Google News, and Lexis-Nexis archives found not a single news report mentioning Sheehan's "freedom fighters" remark.

"The question of whether or not we should be in Iraq is not relevant in this discussion," Fred Keller of Clearwater, Fla., told WND. "We're there and have troops in the field under fire and these people are aiding and abetting the enemy."

"What's her problem then?" asked one messageboard poster on FreeRepublic.com. "Her son was killed by a 'freedom fighter.' She should be proud."

Sheehan also called for the immediate withdrawal of all American troops, characterizing the ongoing conflict in Iraq as a "travesty."

"It's a monstrosity," she said. "It was based on lies, and since it was based on lies, why are people still dying every day for lies? That's what they're dying for. And as soon as we get them out of the country, the insurgency will go down. They might have a little bit of trouble at first, but you know every Iraqi tells me, 'We're a civilization that has been around for thousands of years. We can handle our own problems.'"

Sheehan referred to her son, Casey, not as a war hero, but rather a war victim.

Casey Sheehan poses with John Wayne replica in this undated photo

"If I was thinking straight, which I wasn't, I never would have allowed a military funeral, and I wouldn't have buried him in his uniform," Sheehan said. "I just basically stayed sitting on my couch, crying and drinking for a week."

Sheehan left Texas last week to care for her 74-year-old mother who had a stroke. She's expected to return soon to Crawford, where anti-war activists/entertainers such as singer Joan Baez and Margot Kidder, best known for her role as Lois Lane in "Superman," have been making headlines.

Kidder, a Canadian who has lived in Montana for 34 years, became a U.S. citizen last week so she could protest the Iraq War without being deported to Canada.

President Bush kissing Cindy Sheehan in family photo dated June 18, 2004

President Bush, meanwhile, is slated to spend two hours tomorrow with families of other slain soldiers.

"Well, I did meet with Cindy Sheehan," Bush said, referring to his meeting with the entire Sheehan family last June at Fort Lewis, Wash. "I strongly support her right to protest. There's a lot of people protesting. And there's a lot of points of view about the Iraq war."

President Bush, along with Idaho Gov. Dick Kempthorne, addressing media today

"She expressed her opinion. I disagree with it," he added, noting Sheehan's pullout philosophy. "I think immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be a mistake. I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East would be – are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States. So I appreciate her right to protest. I understand her anguish. I met with a lot of families. She doesn't represent the view of a lot of the families I have met with. And I'll continue to meet with families."

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Colpy said:
Calling a terrorist a "freedom fighter" in my book is surely offering comfort.

Answer - Iraq is a country under occupation by U.S. invaders The occupying force has disregarded the conventions of war by seizing assets, controlling resources for profit, indiscriminately murdering civilians, using chemical weapons against civilian targets, forcing changes in the Constitution (including the privatization of resources), and inciting civil war on ethnic / religious grounds.

Anyone who resists such a regime IS a Freedom Fighter. 'Terrorist' is a pejorative term used by Bush to describe anyone who disagrees with him.

Cindy Sheehan has found a purpose to give solace in her grief. I hope her movement grows and crushes the Bush cabel under its weight.

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse

Canadian Journalist Patrick Graham has written an excellent article about the year he spent with the Iraqi freedom-fighters in the June 2004 issue of Harper's. It's gripping stuff and debunks the US propaganda.

At the time the article was written:
The Western press often had described the insurgents as supporters of Saddam, but the former dictator was clearly irrelevant. There were probably foreign fighters there, too, but in such small numbers as to be militarily insignificant.

What's Ironic is that if Sly Stallone made a Rambo 4 about the current war (in the spirit of Rambo 3), John Rambo would be fighting against the US military.

It's a f***ing tragedy that American soldiers are being killed and maimed in defence of what most of them enlisted to fight against.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005

pastafarian said:
It's a f***ing tragedy that American soldiers are being killed and maimed in defence of what most of them enlisted to fight against.

Answer - wow! with a little tweeking this statement could be the slogan to bring america to its sences.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

I repeat nascar you are pathetic, and if you represent america, its not wonder their is so much anti-america around.

sj007

Council Member
Nov 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.canadiancontent.net

whell u kno the terms r so mixed up and vague think we should call guantnomo detaines pows and gicvwe them rights call the treerist actionary extreemists maybe
all these terms to me a sham to dilute the truth as much as possible

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario

Good catch, Pasta.

My eyes must have glazed over when I read that.

Like they do when I read about MonkeyBoy being a born-again Christian. :roll: