The President is Protecting US, What More Do We Want?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I just saw a segment of an interview by Bill O'Reilly with a CIA Operative (who has 25 years in the field). The CIA Operative raised some interesting points.

After the initial terrorist attack on 9/11, the President and his administration with backing from the Democrats and numerous other countries decided to go after the terrorists and kick the living daylights out of them. This in return has weakened their network and kept us safer.

We haven't had a 9/11 reoccurance since the crackdown following 9/11. The President is doing his job. If the Democrats take power (God forbid) in the next election in 3 years and completely re-vamp US intelligence and our military priorities, they will undoubtedly set us on track for many repeats of 9/11.

Is this what we want, to stop going after the terrorists so they will not have any resistance in their way to achieve their goals? If so, then by all means, elect the Democrats.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: The President is Prot

When was the first attack on the WTC, James? Bush has a few years to go before he matches that, so your argument has no basis in reality.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
We haven't had a 9/11 reoccurance since the crackdown following 9/11. The President is doing his job
:roll: :roll:

each terrorist attack that followed (and preceded 9-11) is a product of the US conduct on the world stage. How sad that you only view attacks on US proper as being relavent.......while other attacks in other nations that are a product of YOUR behavior matters so little to your pitiful selfish self centered selves. You know ......there is a whole new world outside of your *US narrow sphere.....and in this world people reside , hurt, and bleed when bombed as terrorists continue to make a statement against the US.

(if that is how you measure your presidents performance.......then you don't ask for much in a leader.......even if your conclusions are based on time limited unreality.)

When will the likes of you face the fact that the US is the author of its own misfortune.( terrorism)???? You have incited, threatened, antagonized, baited, abused, misused, betrayed tortured ......and gosh knows what else...... and the rage world wide is growing .....and not limited to the people that bush and goons have singled out. either.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Ocean Breeze said:
We haven't had a 9/11 reoccurance since the crackdown following 9/11. The President is doing his job
:roll: :roll:

each terrorist attack that followed (and preceded 9-11) is a product of the US conduct on the world stage. How sad that you only view attacks on US proper as being relavent.......while other attacks in other nations that are a product of YOUR behavior matters so little to your pitiful selfish self centered selves. You know ......there is a whole new world outside of your *US narrow sphere.....and in this world people reside , hurt, and bleed when bombed as terrorists continue to make a statement against the US.

Well if the terrorists are really after us, then why don't they come get us? Instead of going after the other countries?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: The President is Prot

Reverend Blair said:
When was the first attack on the WTC, James? Bush has a few years to go before he matches that, so your argument has no basis in reality.

Firstly Rev, the first attack was small in scope as compared to 9/11. Nowhere near the casualty count of 9/11. Secondly, it's been over 4 years now and the President's fight against terrorism has prevented further attacks on US soil.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

The US has supported dozens of dictatorial regimes over the years. It has meddled and interfered and done whatever it can to enforce its' will on various countries, even overthrowing elected governments and putting puppet dictators in their place.

Is it any wonder that there is anger and resentment towards the US government in places like South America and the Middle East that have seen nothing but meddling and backing of brutal dictatorships from the US for the last 50 years?

The only real way for the US to prevent further attacks is for it to change it's bullying selfish manupilative foriegn policies. Untill that happens the resentment in the Middle East will continue and the threat of further attacks will continue.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

The US has supported dozens of dictatorial regimes over the years. It has meddled and interfered and done whatever it can to enforce its' will on various countries, even overthrowing elected governments and putting puppet dictators in their place.

Is it any wonder that there is anger and resentment towards the US government in places like South America and the Middle East that have seen nothing but meddling and backing of brutal dictatorships from the US for the last 50 years?

The only real way for the US to prevent further attacks is for it to change it's bullying selfish manupilative foriegn policies. Untill that happens the resentment in the Middle East will continue and the threat of further attacks will continue.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: The President is Prot

Nascar_James said:
Secondly, it's been over 4 years now and the President's fight against terrorism has prevented further attacks on US soil.

Why should they BOTHER taking the attack to America? - you've brought the war to THEM, on familiar ground, with plenty of sympathizers around you...

Face it - YOU'VE GOT THEM JUST WHERE THEY WANT YOU!!!

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
You have to stop thinking that if something seems not broken, then don't fix it. Just because their has not been a major terrorist attack on American soil since 9/11 does not mean that your security has succeeded in stopping it.

It just might mean these radical groups (and not just Islamic ones either) know the one cruicial weakness of Western Culture (not just America), and that is their lack of focus and their narrow attention spans (TV = A.D.D. = BOOM). You expect them to hit in weeks they will wait months, you think years they might wait a decade. The fact is, in the current state that you are in you will have to remain on guard indefinetly. This course is expensive and stagnates a society.

To win the war on terrorism (if that is possible) then we must remove the need for people to take up terrorism in the first. It is weapon used too gain attention to social problems, we must try to address these problems. Tanks and Bombs are not the solution; words, ideas, and the will to fix these problems are.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
To win the war on terrorism (if that is possible) then we must remove the need for people to take up terrorism in the first place. It is weapon used too gain attention to social problems, we must try to address these problems. Tanks and Bombs are not the solution; words, ideas, and the will to fix these problems are.

absolutely !! spot on. Examining the reasons that people get enraged, depressed/ oppressed enough to stoop to such desperate acts. ......is imperative.....and addressing them sincerely will take time as many of these groups / nations have no trust in traditional organizations and particularly the western society. Nor do they wish to feel obliged/beholding to western society with is so alien to theirs.

It was moronic to even entertain the idea of bringing "democracy" .........(what type???) to a nation that is so different from the west, has such a long history of traditions. etc. One cannot and has NO RIGHT to impose their version of democracy onto another nation, another culture. Each nation , group must evolve on their own and at their own rate. (and from within.)

but the "democracy" was not what this was about ......and the terrorist groups know that. All bush has done is inflame them further....... and provided them with more incentive. They have had the advantage all along......and can take their time as to when they act. Sadly ,bush played right into their hand. They know it too.

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
Bush is the best thing to happen to Bin Laden and Al Qaeda since the "dirty bomb". I wouldn't be surprised if OBL has become major contributor to the RNC. A secular authoritarian government in Iraq has been replaced by a breeding ground for terrorists who get to practice on thousands of badly-trained, underequipped National Guardsmen.

The whole Arab world gets to see how incompetent the US military machine has become and can be heartened by the fact that the country is in turmoil over the lies and barbarity and lost idealism that Bush has inflicted on them.

Future terrorists can see how simple it was to let the US gut their own economy and to give up their moral principles. Every new attack shows the world that the US "War on Terror" is a joke, and that the US is a bad ally, run by idiots, criminals, psychopaths or religious nuts.

I'll bet Osama is thinking: "If this is Bush's idea of "Protecting the US", bring it on!"

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Ocean Breeze said:
absolutely !! spot on. Examining the reasons that people get enraged, depressed/ oppressed enough to stoop to such desperate acts. ......is imperative.....and addressing them sincerely will take time as many of these groups / nations have no trust in traditional organizations and particularly the western society. Nor do they wish to feel obliged/beholding to western society with is so alien to theirs.

Hmmm Bi Laden is upset that there are US troops on Saudi Arabian soil. He thinks this is serious, we don't and nor does the official government. Don't see how that is going to be resolved with sympathetic discussions....he certainly didn't see a way either, hence 911.

I guess if these things need addressing for the people of the Middle East, then their governments have some work to do they are not doing....but those would be "traditional organizations" and since the people don't trust them you say, well that doesn't leave to much room for sympathizing. Any State that supports the terrorizing of civilians for political means is on the "your next for bombing" list. If they were nearly as smart as the rest of the human race they would start taking some of that oil money they are swimming in (another reason to hate the US...we made you rich) and put it to good use. It isn't our problem, but if it is made to be our problem, we have a certain way of dealing with it when these issues interfere with our security, the security of our allies, and our interests.

It was moronic to even entertain the idea of bringing "democracy" .........(what type???) to a nation that is so different from the west, has such a long history of traditions. etc. One cannot and has NO RIGHT to impose their version of democracy onto another nation, another culture. Each nation , group must evolve on their own and at their own rate. (and from within.)

What nations....Iraq and Afghanistan? Hardly the way you describe it. Neither of the two governments were steeped in "traditions" as you think. One was an extremely Islam fascist state bent on training terrorists to infuriated the west, even after we spared the country from the Soviets. The other was a Stalinist A hole, who didn't seem to care for his people, or his neighbors. He over threw the former government and threatened the security of the area and the balance of power in the area.

but the "democracy" was not what this was about ......and the terrorist groups know that. All bush has done is inflame them further....... and provided them with more incentive. They have had the advantage all along......and can take their time as to when they act. Sadly ,bush played right into their hand. They know it too.

So we are inflaming them? How about they inflamed us, and you don't like the response we offer to their antagonizing. We have the means to do something about these people and we are doing it. Since you seem to know so much about the feelings and such of the terrorist...get on the phone and tell your friends to give it up or the worst is yet to come. The longer they screw around, the longer the battle goes on. In reality the whole thing is upon their shoulders. Maybe they should take a few Qs from the “new and improved” Omar Kadafi. Lay down your weapons, admit your BS is BS and keep your hands where we can see them.

BTW….Democracy isn't an alien idea to the world; it has been around now for a few thousand years.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You know I wrote it Rev....go ahead and make your comments.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

It's far more in depth than your usual posts and the writing style doesn't match yours, Jay. Who wrote it for you?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I already said I wrote it Rev.

As you have so astutely noticed, my talents aren't necessarily spent writing rebuttals around here.

I'm far more talented than you give me credit for I'm sure. But thanks. (I think)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I already said I wrote it Rev.

No, you said that I knew that you wrote it.

As you have so astutely noticed, my talents aren't necessarily spent writing rebuttals around here.

I've been reading your posts for a long time, Jay. You didn't write that.

I'm far more talented than you give me credit for I'm sure.

You've shown no signs of talent.

Just to be clear, neither did the post in question. It just isn't your style, which leads me to believe that some other untalented individual wrote it.