US soldier faces 'murder' hearing, killed two superiors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Saw this intersting bit:

US soldier faces 'murder' hearing

A US soldier charged with killing two superior officers in Iraq has faced a pre-trial hearing which will determine whether he should stand trial.

Staff Sgt Alberto Martinez is accused of the murder of Captain Philip Esposito and Lieutenant Louis Allen in a blast in Tikrit on 7 June.

The case is believed to be the first of an American soldier in Iraq accused of killing his superiors, AP reports.

Click link for rest.

That is amazing, in a disturbing way. I heard rumours of this happening in Vietnem.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
I rather doubt that this is the first case of fragging in Iraq.

Some friendly fire is, no doubt, truly a mistake, but a battlefield does offer some marvellous opportunities for ridding oneself of an undesirable superior.

Most likely, this is merely the first case in which command had sufficient evidence to prosecute.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I rather doubt that this is the first case of fragging in Iraq.

I agree, but this is the first case that's made the news and it goes to show how low morale is among US troops in Iraq. Another parallel to the last war they lost.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Funny how the troops always talk about how good the morale is when you actually meet them. I talked to a few of them who just got back at a local tavern and they said morale is great and it p----- them off when they here media outlets telling them how bad their morale is and how bad the war is going.

The US is winning this one and you know it. Newly elected leaders... new constitution... bad news for the people that want us to lose SOOOOOOOO bad.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US soldier faces 'mur

You are using a single chance meeting to try to discredit something that is backed up by several reports (including the incident on this thread) and data that suggests a high rate of suicide attempts.

Nice try, Eagle. Tell ya what...why don't you go sign up, head to Iraq, then write back and tell us how your morale is.

meitme

Nominee Member
Nov 1, 2005
RE: US soldier faces 'mur

i have to agree withReverend Blair. also just because they have an new constitution and an election does not mean everything is going well. Iraq could fall apart and beocome just like isreal at any time(well israel has been doing relitivly well latly) a civil war could break out at any time. though those steps do help.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: US soldier faces 'mur

Reverend Blair said:
You are using a single chance meeting to try to discredit something that is backed up by several reports (including the incident on this thread) and data that suggests a high rate of suicide attempts.

Nice try, Eagle. Tell ya what...why don't you go sign up, head to Iraq, then write back and tell us how your morale is.

I've told you before... been there and done that. When I was a young 18 year old I joined the Marines. I was an 0311 which is an infantry man. At age 21 I was a Corporal AND a Squad Ldr. I even got to take part in the Invasion of Panama. I was in 3/6 to be more specific. Now I am much too old to be running and gunning with 18-25 year old Grunts. I don't think they would want a 30 something year old Cpl. who hasn't picked up a weapon since the early 90's taking charge of their squad.

I have talked to many men and a few women who came back and they are all proud of what they did. A buddy of mine is a Marine Major and was there during the invasion and is going back. He said he can't wait.

Bad morale is good news for folks like you. Good morale is not good news and not worthy of print.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
You'd better go sign up, Eagle. I hear they are running short of people. Thirty-something is plenty young enough and gun skills come back in a hurry. You support this illegal invasion and you support the criminal and liar who started it. Put your money where your mouth is.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How about you quit your job, leave your family and fight against this war full time.

Time to put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The ability to hit a target with a weapon is just a small percentage of what it takes to be competant soldier or in my case a Marine.

But you would not know anything about soldiering now would you.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Friendly fire is common in all war and conflicts. Just because a soldier or soldiers die at the hands of other soldiers does not mean they were "fragged".

In this case there is evidence that these guys may have been fragged. It also states that this may be the first case of this type of incident. Believe me, if you frag a fellow soldier you're going to pay if you are caught. The officer corps is not going to play "hush hush" to pander to the liberals. If you frag an officer they are going to make an example of you.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
How about you quit your job, leave your family and fight against this war full time.

I don't agree with this war, so that would be stupid. I do put my money where my mouth is, how do you think I pay for my beer?

The ability to hit a target with a weapon is just a small percentage of what it takes to be competant soldier or in my case a Marine.

Nope. Just as you appear to know nothing about critical thinking or writing. I do know a bit about guns though, having used them a time or two, and it was you who mentioned not having picked up a weapon lately.

I have talked to many men and a few women who came back and they are all proud of what they did.

I've talked to many men and women who want to know what right the US had invading Panama and arresting a man for dealing cocaine for the CIA.

That's just one more set of war crimes staining your nation's history though.

A buddy of mine is a Marine Major and was there during the invasion and is going back. He said he can't wait.

A buddy of mine drove over his own hand. He said it was fun but he didn't think he could drink that much anymore.

Bad morale is good news for folks like you. Good morale is not good news and not worthy of print.

Bad morale is what happens when you lie to enter illegal wars for dubious reasons.

Friendly fire is common in all war and conflicts. Just because a soldier or soldiers die at the hands of other soldiers does not mean they were "fragged".

They aren't considering trying this guy for murder because he made a mistake, Eaglesmack.

If you frag an officer they are going to make an example of you.

Do you have first-hand experience with that too?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
"Friendly Fire" is almost an American tradition. Friendly fire happens more with American troops than any other. The American record of F.F. deaths and injuries is atrocious. In VietNam it was three hundred to almost six hundred soldiers a month for the whole war. That would be unacceptable by any other military in the world but you accept it as just part of war. No wonder you got your ass kicked in VietNam.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Reverend Blair said:

I don't agree with this war, so that would be stupid. I do put my money where my mouth is, how do you think I pay for my beer?

But you are so quick to send your opposition overseas. Why don't you pick up an anti-war sign full time?

Nope. Just as you appear to know nothing about critical thinking or writing. I do know a bit about guns though, having used them a time or two, and it was you who mentioned not having picked up a weapon lately.

As i said firing a "gun" is a small percentage of what it takes to be a soldier. But you know about guns. You're a regular Audie Murphy then aren't you?

I have talked to many men and a few women who came back and they are all proud of what they did.

I've talked to many men and women who want to know what right the US had invading Panama and arresting a man for dealing cocaine for the CIA.

That's just one more set of war crimes staining your nation's history though.

Again you twist facts. It was Noriega's dealing in cocaine that got him in trouble to begin with. Couple that with thwarting an election that he knew he was losing and allowing his goons to beat the elected Pres and VP in the streets of Panama City. I was proud to take part in it too and basked in the glory of all of the Panamanian citizens waving Panamanian and US flags as we drove by and liberated yet another country from the yoke of a tyrant.

A buddy of mine is a Marine Major and was there during the invasion and is going back. He said he can't wait.

A buddy of mine drove over his own hand. He said it was fun but he didn't think he could drink that much anymore.

A point? Humor?

Bad morale is what happens when you lie to enter illegal wars for dubious reasons.

But the morale is good so that blew up in your face.

They aren't considering trying this guy for murder because he made a mistake, Eaglesmack.

Did you read my whole post? Of course you did... you just like to pick and chose pieces in a feeble attempt to make sense of your nonsensical postings.

If you frag an officer they are going to make an example of you.

Do you have first-hand experience with that too?

How does one answer such a foolish question? You lost the arguement so you are reaching. How pathetic.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
You are the pathetic one, Eagletroll.

But you are so quick to send your opposition overseas. Why don't you pick up an anti-war sign full time?

That doesn't actually make any sense. I never sent anybody anywhere. I am wearing a t-shirt that declares Bush to be a war criminal though, how's that?

As i said firing a "gun" is a small percentage of what it takes to be a soldier.

Well it sure can't require morals or scruples if they let you in.

But you know about guns.

I've used them enough to know that the skills required come back pretty quickly. Of course I've never illegally invaded a foreign country to arrest its leader on trumped-up drug charges to hide the fact that my government was smuggling drugs to pay for the overthrow of democratically elected foreign governments or anything like that. I have morals and scruples after all. Mostly I shot gophers.

Again you twist facts.

Nope. I tell the truth and it pisses you off to no end.

It was Noriega's dealing in cocaine that got him in trouble to begin with.

It was the CIA that set him up in the business. They were using the money to supply the Contras.

Couple that with thwarting an election that he knew he was losing and allowing his goons to beat the elected Pres and VP in the streets of Panama City.

Your country cannot unilaterally overthrow foreign governments. It's against the law. What the feck is wrong with you?

I was proud to take part in it too

You were proud to take part in a war crime. Good for you.

and basked in the glory of all of the Panamanian citizens

You mean the ones you didn't shoot accidentally, of course.

and liberated yet another country from the yoke of a tyrant.

Were you one of the rapists over there? Did you liberate any innocent civilians from their lives personally, or did you leave that up to somebody else?

But the morale is good

Yeah, it's good that you have people shooting themselves in the feet so they can go home, shooting themselves in the head because they can't live with what they did, and blowing up their officers. Those are all the usual signs of good morale. :roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
#juan said:
"Friendly Fire" is almost an American tradition. Friendly fire happens more with American troops than any other. The American record of F.F. deaths and injuries is atrocious. In VietNam it was three hundred to almost six hundred soldiers a month for the whole war. That would be unacceptable by any other military in the world but you accept it as just part of war. No wonder you got your ass kicked in VietNam.

Just like allowing genocide to take place is now a Canadian Tradition. Rwanda anyone? Your troops did a bang up job in that Peace Keeping mission. I am sure the People of Rwanda were so thankful they had Canada to protect them.

What was even more disgusting is how Dellaire sent Belgium troops on a suicide mission keeping his own Canadian troops safe and protected. They asked Dellaire why he sent Belgium troops. His answer was that they were the best he had. So he had no confidence in his own Canadian troops and sent some other countries poor soldiers to be butchered and mutilated.

937,000 died on Canada's watch.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Just like allowing genocide to take place is now a Canadian Tradition. Rwanda anyone?

You stupid, lying, worthless piece of dog shit. The Canadians saved a lot of lives in Rwanda. If the US and France hadn't blocked all attempts to get help, the genocide never would have happened. If the US hadn't given missiles to Ugandan rebels to shoot planes down with, the genocide would never have started.

Status
Not open for further replies.