It Costs Nothing to be a Patriot

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
The past year has witnessed a groundswell of support for controversial truths from credible individuals across the political spectrum.

We tread on fertile ground and the climate has never been more welcoming of what would otherwise be considered difficult realities.

In the face of despair born of a world in constant swirling turmoil, we need to regularly remind ourselves of the fact that many hands make light work and slowly but surely we are gaining momentum and having an increasingly indelible effect.

More...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Not sure about the story itself........but the title is of question. It can be VERY costly to be a "patriot". The loss of objectivity would be one factor. And "patriotism" is something that is a tad outdated anyhow. Patriotism itself is political.

why would anyone blindly commit to being "patriotic" to any one place or ideology??? Life and situations are dynamic and change daily. wlhy would anyone want to limit oneself that way??

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
I don't think so.

The (convoluted) point being stated that it is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore the iniquities of the present US/UK governments. Impossible for an increasing number of well-respected authorities to refrain from speaking out against the government’s actions.

Once a large enough force speaks out in opposition against the government’s abuse of the rules that constrain it (ie the US Constitution) it becomes easier (standing within a group, rather than standing alone) to be a patriot.

He is using just a trace of venom in his logic, but it is a completely defensible position.

If only for this bit of data which I had missed, it was worth reading the article.

. . . [Former MI5 agent David] Shayler's recent admission, namely that Tony Blair was an MI5 agent long before he became Prime Minister and was used to spy on so-called subversives within the UK, was given absolutely no attention by the lapdog British media, even though Shayler worked at MI5 and personally saw Blair's file. . .

I must try to confirm this from other sources.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I see what you are saying GL...... but even though it is "easier" to be part of a group........it is still the "herd mentality"..

( that is what I (Personally ) object to.)

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Ocean Breeze said:
.......it is still the "herd mentality". . .
Yes, he is lowing to the herd.

Isn't it time that the herd started to move, before "the crazies," who now control US foreign policy begin slathering barbeque sauce on their roasting rumps? :roll:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
GL Schmitt said:
Ocean Breeze said:
.......it is still the "herd mentality". . .
Yes, he is lowing to the herd.

Isn't it time that the herd started to move, before "the crazies," who now control US foreign policy begin slathering barbeque sauce on their roasting rumps? :roll:

absolutely !!! ;-)............(unless they are volunteers for the slaughter......;-)