Let's not Forget to Expel Israel Too

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Saturday, October 29, 2005

Let's not Forget to Expel Israel Too

Now that Iran’s president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the lead story because of his remarks about Israel, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on Thursday called for Iran to be expelled from the U.N., saying "a state which calls for the destruction of another people cannot be a member of the United Nations." Israeli Vice-Premier Shimon Peres said that Iran should be expelled from the United Nations as a result of his comments.

The UN released a statement, saying "Calls for violence, and for the destruction of any state, are manifestly inconsistent with any claim to be a mature and responsible member of the international community," the EU leaders said in a statement.

Absolutely right. So let’s be fair and balanced and give the Ariel Sharon and others their chance to voice their opinions:

-- "If only it would sink into the sea". Israeli Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin referring to Gaza, just before signing the Oslo Accords.

“I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child is more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian child's existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do." Ariel Sharon, current Prime Minister, in an interview with General Ouze Merham, 1956

"We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff.

"Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass expulsions among the Arabs of the territories." Benjamin Netanyahu: Speech at Bar-Ilan University, 1989

"We must expel Arabs and take their places." David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

"We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

"[I advocate] using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes [and] against recalcitrant Arabs as an experiment. [I do not understand] the squeamishness about the use of gas [...] We cannot in any circumstamstances acquiesce in the non-utilisation of any weapons which are available to procure a speedy termination of the disorder which prevails on the frontier.” Winston Churchill, then Secretary of State at the British War Office, authorising RAF Middle East Command to attack rebelling Iraqis with chemical weapons, 1919

"We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Israel Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum"

"The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more".... Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000

“The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls." Israeli Prime Minister Menahim Begin in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

Why wasn’t Israel expelled from the UN as a result of these remarks, as Peres demands of Iran?

Fair Use Statement

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 of US Copyright Law, this attributed work is provided via Thomas Paine’s Corner on a non-profit basis to facilitate understanding, research, education, and the advancement of human rights and social justice.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: Let's not Forget to E

Why can't they expell the U.S from the U.N?

Or at least from the Security Council.

Stupid toothless UN. If it can't force it's members to obey the rules I see no reason for it to continue exsisting.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Go and buy the Warren Zevon CD, Mog. Oh, and play it really loud. The neighbours like that. I like the Wallflowers a lot, but even Dylan's kid isn't Zevon...I think it has to do with species or radiation or something

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

I'll buy it and put it really loud. But my neighbours arrived from India. Do you think they will like it even if they don't speak a word of English? I am bit worried because they carry swords on them.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have never understood why the international community does not demand an accounting of Israel's crimes while it has occupied Palastine and Lebanon.They have ignored so many U.N. resolutions and their current leader is a war criminal.

I mourn the passing of Zevon. I believe his son is rather musical.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Israel is the killing hand of the US in the Middle East Pete. They created it, established it, fed it, feeding it, and protecting it by vetoing every UN resolution against it. It is the 51 state of the US overseas.

As for War criminals, he has more blood on his hand than any dictator to date except for Hitler. Bush is second.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: Let's not Forget to E

Andygal said:

Stupid toothless UN. If it can't force it's members to obey the rules I see no reason for it to continue exsisting.

Because if the US leaves the UN it will be no more. Who else is going to pay for it? Canada? :lol:

The UN is toothless. That I agree. It does nothing but give other countries a forum to bash the US and come begging for or demanding US money.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Because if the US leaves the UN it will be no more. Who else is going to pay for it?

Since you guys rarely bother to pay your dues, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?

It does nothing but give other countries a forum to bash the US and come begging for or demanding US money.

Apparently you are wholly unaware of all that the UN does or how it is structured, Eagle.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The US still pays so much more than any other country now doesn't it.

The UN regular budget is divided between Member States according to their capacity to pay, of which the US pays 25%.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

moghrabi said:
Israel is the killing hand of the US in the Middle East Pete. They created it, established it, fed it, feeding it, and protecting it by vetoing every UN resolution against it. It is the 51 state of the US overseas.

As for War criminals, he has more blood on his hand than any dictator to date except for Hitler. Bush is second.

Stalin? Pol Pot?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

EagleSmack said:
moghrabi said:

Stalin? Pol Pot?

Sharon? Bush?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Andygal said:

In case you forget, Andygal ... the UN headquarters facility is situated in New York city ...

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

no1important said:
Yeah but have the US paid it? or their large outstanding past dues yet? I have not heard.

Interesting that you should bring that up, awhile back there was a bit of news on NBC regarding the UN and unpaid parking tickets, it seems most foreign workers are not paying their dues to the US of A. The reporter seemed pretty angry about it too

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

no1important said:
Yeah but have the US paid it? or their large outstanding past dues yet? I have not heard.

Well the UN has stated that the US OWES them 25%. The US feels differently.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

nitzomoe said:
no1important said:

Interesting that you should bring that up, awhile back there was a bit of news on NBC regarding the UN and unpaid parking tickets, it seems most foreign workers are not paying their dues to the US of A. The reporter seemed pretty angry about it too

I think saying you are being too kind to the diplomats. They don't pay any parking fines, their cars can't be towed and they park where ever they want... No Parking zones... Handicap Spots... Metered Spots. It doesn't matter, the NYPD can't do anything about it.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Then move the UN somewhere else. Why does it have to be in the red rotten apple?