Worrying trend in Arab-Israeli Coflict.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You're right Henry

Israel will retaliate and kill 14 Palestinians and the Palestinians will have to hit back, and so on an so forth. But you know, this latest thing started when the Israelis decided to execute one of the Palestinian leaders. I think there will be lots of room in the international court for Israelis as well.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think there will be lots of room in the international court for Israelis as well.

absolutely!! They have gotten away with bloody murder for too long now. Seems a regime change in Israel is in order (as well as the US).

this situation has been fragile at best.....and it would take just a wee spark to set things off again.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Worrying trend in Ara

Annan 'dismayed' by Iran remarks

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has voiced his "dismay" over remarks by Iran's president calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map".

In a rare rebuke, Mr Annan reminded Iran that, as a UN signatory, it had undertaken not to threaten the use of force against another state.

While President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's words provoked international outrage, Tehran said the West was over-reacting.

click link at top for rest.

America has no right to bitch as they are a U.N. signatory as well not to threaten the use of force against another state. So if the US can selectivly ignore (right or wrong) why can't Iran? Personally neither should ignore it.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Iran leader defends Israel remark

Iran's president has defended his widely criticised call for Israel to be "wiped off the map".

Attending an anti-Israel rally in Tehran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said his remarks were "just" - and the criticism did not "have any validity."

This gets more interesting everyday. Iran in a weird way seems to want a conflict and even weirder I think in a weird way they hope America invades, just so they can launch weapons at Isreal. That whole area is destabilized thanks to America.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
#juan said:
You're right Henry

But you know, this latest thing started when the Israelis decided to execute one of the Palestinian leaders.

Yeah, that's what started it. There was nothing untoward about the 30-40 rockets fired at Israeli kitchens just after the Gaza pullout. Palestinians have the right to kill Israeli's, they're freedom fighters. If Israel retaliates, it's a truce violation. I understand completely.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005

This long-lasting scenario has deep roots...way back to the days of colonialism,when Britain decided to "rewrite" the borders of countries,forcing long standing ,warring tribal groups to co-exist as 'country-mates".

The creation of Israel was bound to be fraught with conflict..Israel was "used" by other nations to maintain a foothold in the region...and still Israel struggles.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Just the Facts said:
#juan said:
You're right Henry

But you know, this latest thing started when the Israelis decided to execute one of the Palestinian leaders.

Yeah, that's what started it. There was nothing untoward about the 30-40 rockets fired at Israeli kitchens just after the Gaza pullout. Palestinians have the right to kill Israeli's, they're freedom fighters. If Israel retaliates, it's a truce violation. I understand completely.

Answer - yes, Israel is a brutal occupying force. Time to drive them out.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just to answer to those who feel Israel has been hard done by.

Israel was given 60 odd percent of that area known at the time as Palestine. Isreal, armed to the teeth by the U.S., As a result of a series of pre-emptive land grab wars, the Isrealis now have control of all of Palestine, part of Syrie, part of Egypt, part of Lebenon.

Of late, they have made a show of "giving" the Palestinians the Gaza strip. Isreal has made lots of noises about a Palestinian state but we all know it won't happen. The biggest barrier to peace in the Middle East is Isreal and the U.S.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
#juan said:

Israel was given 60 odd percent of that area known at the time as Palestine. Isreal, armed to the teeth by the U.S., As a result of a series of pre-emptive land grab wars, the Isrealis now have control of all of Palestine, part of Syrie, part of Egypt, part of Lebenon.

Of late, they have made a show of "giving" the Palestinians the Gaza strip. Isreal has made lots of noises about a Palestinian state but we all know it won't happen. The biggest barrier to peace in the Middle East is Isreal and the U.S.

Israel wants peace... we can see this in their words and their deeds. Contrast that with their neighbours, who openly preach the destruction of Israel, and want to 'throw the Jews into the sea'. The "Palestinian" people have been treated worse than dirt by the leaders of the Arab nations, deperate pawns in their game.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
#juan said:

Israel was given 60 odd percent of that area known at the time as Palestine.

Uh-huh. So what's Jordan, chopped liver?

Isreal, armed to the teeth by the U.S., As a result of a series of pre-emptive land grab wars, the Isrealis now have control of all of Palestine, part of Syrie, part of Egypt, part of Lebenon.

Before you wail to much about U.S. support for Israel, check up on U.S. support for Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and PA. It works both ways.

Of late, they have made a show of "giving" the Palestinians the Gaza strip.

A show? You mean it didn't really happen?

The only "show" was Hamas using Gaza as a launching pad to fire missiles at Israel less than a week after the pullout. The destruction of the synagogues. The looting of the greenhouses, etc.

Gaza was one of the most agriculturally productive areas of the middle east. It took Hamas and friends only days to turn it into a wasteland.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Mike, you need to do some reading.

Many times more Palestinians have been killed or wounded than have Isreals. The U.S. spends billions every year on Isreal and by comparison, very litle to help the Palestinians. I won't go into the hundred and fifty times the U.S. has vetoed UN resolutions to get the Isrealis out of Palestiniasn land or just for the Isrealis to treat the Palestinians fairly.

THe following link is to material written by Jews in Isreal who were there when it all happened, and have no reason to lie.

http://www.cactus48.com/truth.html

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I think it is you who should do some reading Juan, if you think a modern liberal democratic country is the root of all the problems in the Middle east. I guess the brutal Arab dictators, the mullahs preaching death and hatred, the hornests nest of militant islamo fundamentalists all have clean hands, huh?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Needless to say you didn't look at the link.

It is not up to me to argue with your particular type of ignorance. One thing I will do if anyone is interested in debating ernestly, is to read any links supplied to better understand the other person's point of view. I see that your views are cast in stone.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I certainly didn't inherit my views, or get them from the TV news.... I made up my mind based on a reading a lot of information from different sources. Just because someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are ignorant.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
As I said Mike,

your views are cast in stone. Who am I to try to enlighten you? THey say ignorance is bliss. Have a happy day. :wink: