Coulter Calls for 'Repression of Free Speech'

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Annie Coulter, moron and anti-rights activist, called for the repression of free speech when talking to Florida Republicans. Guess what the Republicans did? They applauded.

So who doesn't represent American values? By the evidence, I'd have say the GOP and their jabbering, brain-dead poster girl.

Link.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Like Micheal Moore, Ann Coulter has found a market that loves their outrageous claims, and so Ann and Micheal laugh quietly in private at those who are outraged.

They are enjoying themselves and making some money. They are the entertainers who appeal to the believers and outrage the other side.

Go after something more substantial than the straw men.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Re: RE: Coulter Calls for 'Re

no1important said:
No Michael Moore speaks the truth, not his fault neocons in government have so many outragous laws and policies.

I personally liked watching what he had to say but at times I felt like I was watching an episode of Hard copy.

Michael does have truth in his messages, but I find that he delivers it in a fashion that caters to the PoP culture industry, which does cover a wide demographic but it somehow is harder to take the message for "serious" people... Or people who may be able to help make a difference.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Well I happen to like Micheal Moore, much to the horror of my arch-conservative friends.

My friends are right about Micheal's use of OUT OF CONTEXT. It's a particular cynical and untruthful method and most believing audiences don't know how unprincipled his method is.

But getting past that, which again my conservative friends cannot do, I take in the larger message of Micheal Moore and enjoy the haiku of it.

I fight against the believers' rush to embrace anything that agrees with their original bias.

This rush to judgement and condemnation is a characteristic of all herds.

I particularly fell out of my chair when a Montana Bank gave a new customer, Micheal Moore a rifle and ammunition. That was so damn funny, and so much better than a boring toaster or tote bag.

And it was as short as my Dad's day when he and his friends would shoot a few squirrels on the way and stow their 22s in the high school locker.

But today, the religious and political divide falls between a rural and urban outlook, both looking at each other as bizarre.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Coulter Calls for 'Re

Moore has never called for the US Constitution to be ignored though. Even his gun control stance does not take remove the ownership of reasonable firearms. Coulter, on the other hand, called for the right to free speech to be removed for anybody she does not personally agree with. You might think that she's just an entertainer, Jimmy. The Republicans she was speaking to applauded though, and her sentiments have been echoed from the White House to the trailer park.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
They both have their excesses which involve distorting some truths, but they have certainly captured a market niche and any publicity keeps their engine going.

Democrats applauded many of the out of context lies Moore has used with no sense of hypocrisy.

It's a wash on comparing those two, one no better than the other.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Re: RE: Coulter Calls for 'Re

Reverend Blair said:
. . . her sentiments have been echoed from the White House to the trailer park.
Just listening to the voices, it is often difficult to tell which is which. 8O