Condoleezza Rice to visit Ottawa next week

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Condoleezza Rice to visit Ottawa next week

Ottawa will be playing host to U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice next week as she makes her first official visit to Canada under her new government portfolio.

Rice will meet with Prime Minister Paul Martin and Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew on Monday and Tuesday.

They will discuss "a wide range of bilateral, hemispheric and global issues", according to a statement released by the Department of Foreign Affairs on Monday.

Egad. Not much will be accomplished I do not think but hopefully PM Martin still has a pair and explains the ramifications of not abiding by NAFTA.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I don't know why Paul Martin would even meet her. If they want to talk with the Prime Minister, send the President, or the president's ventriloquist.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
#juan said:
If they want to talk with the Prime Minister, send the president's ventriloquist.

ROTFLMAO,

Does Hardwood ring a bell? At least the dummy would be entertainment.

Don't send the messenger, heads of state need to talk to heads of state. Seems like a slap in Canada's face to send an underling to do business. Equal to Equal.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Condoleezza Rice to v

So, should we start lobbying all of the Ottawa radio stations to play Steve Earle's "Condi, Condi" that day? I think that'd be cool. Better yet would be to get it stuck in Martin's head so that he starts humming it an inappropriate moments. That'd be really cool. :)

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Condoleezza Rice is probably the smartest Secretary of State we've ever had. She is certainly on the ball, no question about it.

I know she's said recently that she doesn't want to run for Presidency in 2008, but don't count her out. She could make history and become the first woman and African American President of the United States. I would surely support her. Many on the left would also vote Republican. That is one way for the Republican party to sweep the Democrats.

She will not publically announce her intentions 3 years before an election, however wait another couple of years from now and she just might announce her candidacy for the Republican party.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
When was she "invited" to come to CA??? Or was she??? .......and doing the usual US rude and presumptuous thing again???

Oh well. :roll: Hopefully it is a productive visit......but wouldn't take that to the bank.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Condoleezza Rice to v

Reverend Blair said:
She's just another oil industry greed-hog that doesn't mind killing for money.

No so Rev. She's not the type to fall off a tomato truck. Her superior intelligence combined with her current position as Secretary of State will undoubtedly groom her for the resposibilities that go with along with being President.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:

No so Rev. She's not the type to fall off a tomato truck. Her superior intelligence combined with her current position as Secretary of State will undoubtedly groom her for the resposibilities that go with along with being President.

anyone that is party to a pack of lies as she is.......and a contributer of same to the pot........lacks credibility already. She can spin it with the best/worst of them....

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:

Errr superior intelligence? Even Stephen Harper has superior intelligence... compared to a gnat... my apologies to gnats. No matter her position atm in the neo-CON admin, she will never become presidentess of the US Empire unless there is a serious need for a 'fall-guy' a'la Kim Campbell. She may be book smart but she's got the personality and charm of a wild boar and as we've witnessed lately, charm and affability is all that counts in a leader down there so don't count on the electorate putting her in the top spot.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Canucklehead said:
Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:

Errr superior intelligence? Even Stephen Harper has superior intelligence... compared to a gnat... my apologies to gnats. No matter her position atm in the neo-CON admin, she will never become presidentess of the US Empire unless there is a serious need for a 'fall-guy' a'la Kim Campbell. She may be book smart but she's got the personality and charm of a wild boar and as we've witnessed lately, charm and affability is all that counts in a leader down there so don't count on the electorate putting her in the top spot.

Stephen Harper superior intelligence? How can you compare her with Stephen Harper? Forbes magazine has named Rice the world's most powerful woman the past two years. Harper is a local Canadian politician, nothing more. In addition, is Harper fluent in four languages as is Rice? Did Harper receive his Bachelor's degree at age 19?

As for her personality, she has a spendid personality. It's better than the "loud mouth" personality of the average left wing politician (i.e Hillary Clinton).

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Nascar_James said:
Canucklehead said:
Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:

Stephen Harper superior intelligence? How can you compare her with Stephen Harper? Forbes magazine has named Rice the world's most powerful woman the past two years. Harper is a local Canadian politician, nothing more. In addition, is Harper fluent in four languages as is Rice? Did Harper receive his Bachelor's degree at age 19?

As for her personality, she has a spendid personality. It's better than the "loud mouth" personality of the average left wing politician (i.e Hillary Clinton).

and your point IS????? :roll:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

....explain yourself...what has she done that make her a "greed-hog".....or are you just mad cause she is a republican woman......

Don't send the messenger, heads of state need to talk to heads of state. Seems like a slap in Canada's face to send an underling to do business. Equal to Equal.

...I dont mind it....I mean Bush doesn't have time enough to come up here and talk to the PM, I mean Martin will be free...he has no foreign policy to keep him busy .....Rice will do fine and hopefully Martin can influence her that the US needs to respect free trade.....

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

no1important said:
Rice is a long time friend of the "W" family, thats the real reason she has the job she has.

I think her sharp mind and being professor of political sceince at Stanford University had something to do with it as well. Not to mention serving on the board of directors for several major corporations. So as you can see no1, she definitely has the credentials.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

....hell yea....I could not stand a loudmouth like Hillary.....she seems annoying and talks down to people.... Rice has a much more pleasant demeanor....

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Condoleezza Rice to v

Humbug Hilary is a much more common sense type of person, not to mention not being a war criminal either. If Condi was so smart she would distant herself from "W" as he will only bring her down and ruin her very faint hopes of running for president.