China summit targets poverty gap

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
China summit targets poverty gap

China's Communist party leaders are beginning a four-day, closed-door meeting in Beijing to map out policy for the next five years.

I believe it is a step in the right direction. In my opinion China is changing (albeit slowly) for the better. Giving people more freedoms, becoming more modern and of course they are becoming the eventual #1 economic powerhouse. I really hope they follow through with their plans. China still has a long way to go (like free elections) but I think they are gradually moving in the right direction.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
funny that you have such hope and high praise for China....but you seem to hate America soo much.. hmmm seems you have shown your blunt ignorance in this thread.

...what about the bullying of its neighbours forcing them to be part of the country.

....the killing of children who are female or are a second child

....the government wanting to control the population buy promoting smoking

..... the history of the Chinese leaders using the peoples military against its own people and killing many.

.....a communist country without free elections

....a country whos economic growth will only be slowed by the fast destruction of its envornment.

....... I look at this thread and see no one has posted a reply pro/con on this issue.... now if one were to change the topic to the US everyone would be on here with their 2 cents.... why is it that no one can discuss an issue if it is not about the US?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Lemmee see. No1 posted that he thought this was a step in the right direction, a beginning to addressing China's many problems. You, Hank, took that as an indication that there was no criticism of China. Why would you do that when the criticism was inherent in what No 1 posted? Could it be that you have a reading deficit? Could it be that you never bothered to read the original post because of your own inherent biases? Could it be that you've slid so far to into the nonsensical rhetoric the radical right spews that you are incapable of reasoning?

Nobody said that China didn't have severe problems. The only post previous to yours indicated that there were problems, the largest of which was a lack of freedom and democracy. Why did you consider that an invitation to attack the members of this board in general?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Hmmm.

A point to ponder.

And yet Hank saw that all countries have problems and usually the tone is not: "Well that's a step in the right direction," but rather "Look at how bad this country is dealing with it and it's not doing nearly enough !"

You see the difference in the tone too, don't you ?

And yet your point still stands and I guess I will have to agree with you there.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
bang on jim moyer, glad to see that you can understand the point I was trying to make.

....yes China and America have issues and both have problems, but the point I was trying to get at was that people like Rev and others just like to attack America and leave out other importaint issues...

... I am really surprised that you were not able to see the point Rev and contrast that with the difference in tone of different issues... I mean if someone made a comment about US improvement, it would be certainly met with sharp criticism and the lone opinion would be classified as neo con or a right wing.

....anyways back to China I really hope this country improves human rights issues....... and hopefully the China poverty summit concludes with solutions for the Chinese people..... although I disagree with No1 Importaint about China being the next economic powerhouse..... I'll much rather put my money on the worlds largest democracy...... India.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
...what about the bullying of its neighbours forcing them to be part of the country.

....the killing of children who are female or are a second child

the bombing of women and childern in the middle east

....the government wanting to control the population buy promoting smoking

The government wanting to control the population by bible thumping a guy in the sky that is always broke

..... the history of the Chinese leaders using the peoples military against its own people and killing many.

uh huh :roll: you flying the confederate flag

.....a communist country without free elections

a democratic country with free elections...mmmm I wonder 8O

....a country whos economic growth will only be slowed by the fast destruction of its envornment.

uh huh...and lil chimp??? he does not give a green nanner about this planet.

uh huh...and who is buying all the items made in china...why you are...at good old uncle waltons wal-mart, how many americans lost their business to walmart...

knock knock...anybody home

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: China summit targets

knock knock...anybody home

Doesn't appear to be. :)

I never said China was perfect, I just said they are slowly changing in the right direction. s-l-o-w-l-y. and that I really hope they go through with their plans.

Some people seem to forget, China is the reason they have "cheap" goods to buy in Wal Marts, et al.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: China summit targets

China also does not consider itself to be the leader of the world. They do not refer to their leader as the most powerful man on earth. They have been slowly progressing while the US has been regressing ever more quickly, especially since the election of George Bush.