Longtime Confidante of Bush Has Never Been a Judge

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-sirota/miers-led-law-firm-repeat_b_8277.html

headline at the link:
"Miers Led Law Firm Repeatedly Forced to Pay Damages For Defrauding Investors "
"... people like Miers who are clearly entirely compromised by partisan/corporate loyalties -- loyalties that might make her an attractive candidate to the a corrupt elitists who run today's Republican Party, but a danger to the interests of ordinary Americans."

The appointment is more of the evidence showing the corporate power that is ruling the USA and the world. This woman is nothing short of a corporate hauncho, and that she came out of the woodwork to become the highest court's 7th shows how little we the people get to know about the real powers that be.

In choosing Ms. Miers as his nominee, Mr. Bush once again signaled the importance he places on personal loyalty and familiarity. Ms. Miers has served in a number of posts for the president, and at one point was his personal lawyer.

Ms. Miers was the first woman to become a partner at a major Texas law firm and the first woman to be president of the State Bar of Texas. In 1995, Mr. Bush, then governor of Texas, named her chairwoman of the Texas Lottery Commission and gave her the task of cleaning up that scandal-plagued agency.

The lotto scene was not ever "cleaned up". The Texas lotto and gambling industry was transferred to her friends to operate it, but none of the issues of corruption were addressed.
This shows how money, and power, and even getting elected, can come from legal proceedings,it shows how courts can affect who wins in capitalism. And Bush is showing how he can run the courts....

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Interesting little tidbit

Roberts and Miers linked to Microsoft
Each played a role in past lawsuits

By TODD BISHOP
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Harriet Miers and John Roberts have something in common besides being President Bush's picks for the U.S. Supreme Court: As lawyers, both took part in cases related to Microsoft.

Miers, nominated Monday to the high court, represented the company in cases including class-action lawsuits in the 1990s that alleged defects in a version of the company's MS-DOS operating system. Miers headed up the team of lawyers defending the company in those cases.

Microsoft prevailed in each of the cases, with some failing to gain class certification and others dismissed voluntarily. Miers, most recently White House counsel, was practicing law in Texas at the time. She did not, however, take part in any antitrust cases involving Microsoft.

The same cannot be said of the nation's new chief justice. John Roberts, sworn in to that post Monday, was among the lawyers representing the 19 states that joined the federal government to pursue the landmark antitrust case.

In that role, Roberts was among the lawyers who argued on the government's behalf at a pivotal 2001 appeals court hearing on U.S. District Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson's order that would have broken the Redmond company in two. Arguing on behalf of the states, Roberts told the court that Microsoft wrongly used its influence and power to stifle consumer choice.

The order was ultimately overturned, and Microsoft remained intact. The company ultimately reached a settlement with the government in the case.

Microsoft declined a request for comment on either of them.

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
Get your abortions while you can and no gay marriage while you’re at it.

Does this site get kickbacks from the Slime ball George Soros? It seems a lot of the sites you guys use as sources are owned and or funded by him. I’m sure you all are aware of that right?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yea right Texas heaven forbid anybody exposes the Bush crime family for what it is .They might end up dead oh thats right a lot of reporters that do storys on the corrupt Bush family do end up dead :roll: :roll:

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Yea right Texas heaven forbid anybody exposes the Bush crime family for what it is .They might end up dead oh thats right a lot of reporters that do storys on the corrupt Bush family do end up dead :roll: :roll:

Ok look it up, GS is a left winged bomb thrower and owns lots of sites that smear the GOP. Too bad he spent more then Canada's gdp last year and it got him NOTHING.

You guys think your posting from a real news site and he's got you fooled as well. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8O

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
As opposed to Fox or one of the alphabet networks who do nothing but ignore storys and the truth .Got a list of these sites he supposedly owns because I know most of the places i get my info from raise there own capital

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
mrmom2 said:
As opposed to Fox or one of the alphabet networks who do nothing but ignore storys and the truth .Got a list of these sites he supposedly owns because I know most of the places i get my info from raise there own capital

Sure you do. Just like Vanni Fucci thinks eh.

And Fox is a publicly traded company. GS could not own a MMS like that; he would be out of business in a week.

Oh and BTW Airhead radio should be off the air by months end if daddy Soros doesn’t come up with some big bucks. Those working there should be available to post more tripe for the left.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I could care less if Air america dies :wink: So i take it you think you actually think theres a differrence between the Dems and Repubs .Do you not know the same corporations own both of them.You just have to look at the voting record of the House .It dosen't matter what side your on the corporations are running the show . :x

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
mrmom2 said:
I could care less if Air america dies :wink: So i take it you think you actually think theres a differrence between the Dems and Repubs .Do you not know the same corporations own both of them.You just have to look at the voting record of the House .It dosen't matter what side your on the corporations are running the show . :x
'
Morally yes, huge difference, would you like me to insult you with why.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Texas1 said:
mrmom2 said:

Alright...let's see some evidence for this claim...if that be true, then every GOP friendly website should be spouting off about it...funny that I've not seen any reference to George Soros owning or even contributing to Truthout.org...some Truthout articles mention him...but that's as close as the connection gets...

So let's see what you got...

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Bush family and morals :lol: :lol: :lol: go ahead and take your best shot but remember I shoot back .Will start with this George WBush AWOL from his guard duty .Who was hired to help cover up that story oh his most recent nominee :p

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
Texas1 said:
mrmom2 said:

Alright...let's see some evidence for this claim...if that be true, then every GOP friendly website should be spouting off about it...funny that I've not seen any reference to George Soros owning or even contributing to Truthout.org...some Truthout articles mention him...but that's as close as the connection gets...

So let's see what you got...

Do a little work yourself, here's a hint William Rivers Pitt and George Soros and maybe NY Times, OSI.

Damn you lefties are lazy.

I would find out before I posted anything from anywhere.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Funny how you neocons call everybody who dosen't agree with you leftys 8O I'm probably more right than you .Your fearless leader there calls himself right but is action sure aren't .His goverment is grown huge under his watch .Not what I'd call a right trait there Texas :wink: