Big Brother: Should it be in your car?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Big Brother: Should i

I think innocent victims of car accidents would be greatful for such a device.

I also think those that caused the accident will bitch like hell about their privacy.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

It may also help reduction in insurance fraud and maybe (doubtful) lower our premiums. It could also show who is at fault for an accident or make it much clearer. I know ICBC likes that 50-50 thing when its not clear, so both parties rates go up, even though in a reality one person was not at fault. This box could help with that. But it should be volountary and availble as an option when you purchase a new vehicle.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Big brother has no business in my car. He's hard on clutches and always tunes the radio to that disco yodelling crap.

These black boxes have no business in my car either. It is no business of General Motors if I choose to drive sideways at 80mph. They do not need to know when I stepped on the gas and when I stepped on the brake. They don't need to be able to track where I am. It is none of their damned business.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Gm has been caught listening to there customers through onstar :x Its a cellular based system and they can turn it on at will .As far as black boxes go is my warranty going to be voided because i spun the tires across a parking lot at 8000rpm ?Its none of Gm,s fecking biz .I've got one of those boxes in my new car and guess what?Its got a built in plug in for the tracker box were all going to be forced to use so they can tax us all by the mile . :evil: Its the official plan people there already doing it in Oregon and they're starting in the new year in Texas .Only a matter of time till it come to Canada :evil: