President to Announce Next Supreme Court Candidate Next Week

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Now that John Roberts has been sworn in to replace the late William H. Rehnquist as the next Supreme Court Chief Justice, the President will announce next week (most probably early next week) who the candidate will be to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

The suspense is killing me. There are many good canidates to fill the 9th spot on the bench. Some good names are Emilio Garza, Samuel Alito and Edith Hollan Jones.

I am sure the President will stick with his candidate, no matter how much bickering or opposition he faces. The President is surely not known for backing away from his convictions.

Prediction is Monday or Tuesday next week.

neocon-hunter

Time Out
Sep 27, 2005
Cloverdale, BC
RE: President to Announce

Can any Judge in country be eligable for this position? Or do you have to be a Federal court, State Supreme Court or an appeal court Judge to be considered? I guess having the right political connections helps?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: President to Announce

neocon-hunter said:
Can any Judge in country be eligable for this position? Or do you have to be a Federal court, State Supreme Court or an appeal court Judge to be considered? I guess having the right political connections helps?

Anyone with reasonable legal experience is eligible. However, since the judge is appointed by the President, political connections are practically an absolute must.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: President to Announce

neocon-hunter said:

Ooops ... double post.

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
RE: President to Announce Next Supreme Court Candidate Next

I've been curious to why Judge Roberts is the Chief Justice?

I mean he is the new guy, I would think that it should be another member of the court to take Rehnquist's place, then Roberts takes this judge's place.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Re: President to Announce Next Supreme Court Candidate Next

Judge Judy is just the right candidate to shake up your Supreme Court..too bad that she is making 35 million a year on TV and wouldn't consider such a demotion.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian

missile said:
Judge Judy is just the right candidate to shake up your Supreme Court..too bad that she is making 35 million a year on TV and wouldn't consider such a demotion.

With the sad state of affairs in the US, Judge Judy would be a relief!

3 More Hurricane Season under Bush, not good.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Nascar_James said:
Now that John Roberts has been sworn in to replace the late William H. Rehnquist as the next Supreme Court Chief Justice, the President will announce next week (most probably early next week) who the candidate will be to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

The suspense is killing me. There are many good canidates to fill the 9th spot on the bench. Some good names are Emilio Garza, Samuel Alito and Edith Hollan Jones.

I am sure the President will stick with his candidate, no matter how much bickering or opposition he faces. The President is surely not known for backing away from his convictions.

Prediction is Monday or Tuesday next week.

Oh happy days are here ... looks like the President has picked one of my preferred candidates (I had initially stated Alito above) for the 9th spot on the bench. Scali .. er I mean Alito will make an exceptional Supreme Court judge.

This is indeed great news. Will not be too much objection on the Republican front ... that's for sure ...

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Nascar_James said:
The suspense is killing me. There are many good canidates to fill the 9th spot on the bench. Some good names are Emilio Garza, Samuel Alito and Edith Hollan Jones

AAAAAnd the winner is:

Click me

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: Does the Supreme Court do Impeachments?

I read this about the new supreme court nominees:
Bush picked Meirs because she was very loyal to Bush, and HE NEEDS SOMEONE ON THE SUPREME COURT WHO WILL NOT IMPEACH him, and she gives that gaurantee to him.

The next one too will have that credential, no other credential needed. [apparently!!]

Does that make sense?
I mean, does the Supreme Court have anything to do with impeachments of Presidents? I have no idea how all that goes down. If it does, I can see that this is a big one for babyBush. There are a few reasons to impeach him - giving false reasons for going to war being the biggest of them. He will need all the friends in HIGH places he can get before his term is out.

Karlin

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: Does the Supreme Court do Impeachments?

Karlin said:
I read this about the new supreme court nominees:
Bush picked Meirs because she was very loyal to Bush, and HE NEEDS SOMEONE ON THE SUPREME COURT WHO WILL NOT IMPEACH him, and she gives that gaurantee to him.

The next one too will have that credential, no other credential needed. [apparently!!]

Does that make sense?
I mean, does the Supreme Court have anything to do with impeachments of Presidents? I have no idea how all that goes down. If it does, I can see that this is a big one for babyBush. There are a few reasons to impeach him - giving false reasons for going to war being the biggest of them. He will need all the friends in HIGH places he can get before his term is out.

Karlin

It does not make any sense at all. The SJC can't impeach the President... only Congress can.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

Then I gues it isn't a factor
Thanks for clearing that up Smack... geez, I am really proud of myself now , glad I didn't say "ITS A FACT". See Eagle, I am fair and balanced , but still labelled a radical.

Karlin

PS -
Curious -- are you, EagleSmack, the same person as American Eagle on Pravda Forums?
http://engforum.pravda.ru/showthread.php3?threadid=56498
[example of the "Eagle of Pravda" ideology, is it similiar to yours?]