Cindy -Arrested !!!!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
------------------------------------------------------
MSNBC Breaking News

Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan arrested outside White House -
Police arrested Cindy Sheehan during an anti-war protest in front of White House on Monday.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Ocean Breeze said:
MSNBC Breaking News

Police arrested Cindy Sheehan during an anti-war protest in front of White House on Monday.

And is anyone really suprised by this?

It sucks for sure, but i woudn't expect anything less the way things are run there right now.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto
Actually, she knowingly and purposefully broke the law and got herself arrested to generate publicity. From the BBC:

US anti-war mother held at rally

Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester and mother of a US soldier killed in Iraq, has been arrested during a demonstration outside the White House.

Ms Sheehan and several dozen other protesters were held by police after failing to move on from the pavement in Washington DC.

She first attracted worldwide attention when she held a 26-day vigil outside President George Bush's Texas ranch.

Her arrest follows a massive anti-war march in the capital over the weekend.

Ms Sheehan was among a group of about 500 people who staged what they called a "civil disobedience" demonstration to bring more attention to the US military presence in Iraq.

The pavement outside the White House is a restricted area, where people by law must keep moving.

The mother's Texas vigil, prompted by her eldest son's death in action in Iraq in 2004, has made her a figurehead for the anti-war movement in the US.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Jo Canadian said:
Ocean Breeze said:
MSNBC Breaking News

And is anyone really suprised by this?

It sucks for sure, but i woudn't expect anything less the way things are run there right now.

nor would I. ---and no surprise. "they" were just waiting for an "excuse " to do just this. "they" gotta show the population who has the muscle, the power to do as they wish with its citizens.

( Let the torture begin.... :evil:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest

By JENNIFER C. KERR
Associated Press Writer

09/26/05 -- -- WASHINGTON (AP) - Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son's death in Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was handcuffed, then led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, ``The whole world is watching.''

Others who were arrested also cooperated with police. Sgt. Scott Fear, spokesman for the U.S. Park Police, said they would be charged with demonstrating without a permit, which is a misdemeanor.

Park Police Sgt. L.J. McNally said Sheehan and the others would be taken to a processing center where they would be fingerprinted and photographed, then given a ticket and released. The process would take several hours, he said.

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch.

Sheehan was among several hundred demonstrators who marched around the White House on Monday and then stopped in front and began singing and chanting ``Stop the war now!'' Organizers had said some planned to be arrested.

The demonstration is part of a broader anti-war effort on Capitol Hill organized by United for Peace and Justice, an umbrella group. Representatives from anti-war groups were meeting Monday with members of Congress to urge them to work to end the war and bring home the troops.

The protest following a massive demonstration Saturday on the National Mall that drew a crowd of 100,000 or more, the largest such gathering in the capital since the war began in March 2003.

On Sunday, a rally supporting the war drew roughly 500 participants. Speakers included veterans of World War II and the war in Iraq, as well as family members of soldiers killed in Iraq.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Nascar_James said:
A bonus is in order. yep. A bonus for those officers who arrested Cindy.

Answer - exactly what part of the U.S. constitution do you actually understand? Who is supposed to share in this 'so called' free society? It's all just rhetoric, ain't it?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Nascar_James said:

Why does one get the impression that ya wish it had been YOU doing the arresting??? Might have been fun to kick her around a bit too........as soon as you were off camera.... :roll: (ya know......the new and "improved" amerikan way??)

did ya rush off to make a giant contribution to the cop fund....to show your gratitude for keeping you "safe" from grieving/protesting middle aged women?? :wink:

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
PoisonPete2 said:
Nascar_James said:

Answer - exactly what part of the U.S. constitution do you actually understand? Who is supposed to share in this 'so called' free society? It's all just rhetoric, ain't it?

We are still living in a state of law. She broke the law, got arrested and given a ticket.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Ocean Breeze said:
Nascar_James said:

Why does one get the impression that ya wish it had been YOU doing the arresting??? Might have been fun to kick her around a bit too........as soon as you were off camera.... :roll: (ya know......the new and "improved" amerikan way??)

did ya rush off to make a giant contribution to the cop fund....to show your gratitude for keeping you "safe" from grieving/protesting middle aged women?? :wink:

Me doing the arresting? I would have done exactly as the officers did, arrested and ticketed her.

As for a contribution to the cop fund, I never heard of such a fund, but there is the Policeman's Ball fund. I make most of my donations to the Red Cross, the Catholic Church and children's charities.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
From Cindy herself.....

Mon Sep 26th, 2005 at 16:04:44 PDT

The rumors are true this time. I was arrested in front of the White House today. It was my first time ever being arrested.

We proceeded from Lafayette Park to the Guard House at the White House. I, my sister, and other Gold Star Families for Peace members and some Military Families requested to meet with the President again. We again wanted to know: What is the Noble Cause? Our request was, to our immense shock and surprise, denied. They wouldn't even deliver any letters or pictures of our killed loved ones to the White House.

We all know by now why George won't meet with parents of the soldiers he has killed who disagree with him. First of all, he hates it when people disagree with him. I am not so sure he hates it as much as he is in denial that it even happens. Secondly, he is a coward who arrogantly refuses to meet with the people who pay his salary. Maybe the next time one of us is asked by our bosses to have a performance review, or we are going to be written up for a workplace infraction, we should refuse to go and talk to our bosses sighting the fact that the President doesn't have to. The third reason why he won't talk to us is the he knows there is no Noble Cause for the invasion and continued occupation of Iraq. It is a question that has no true answer.

After we were refused a meeting with the Disconnected One, we went over to right in front of our house...the White House (behind the gate of course) and we sat down and refused to move until George came out and talked to us. We actually had a good time singing old church songs and old protest songs while we waited. I tied a picture of Casey on the White House fence and apparently, that is against the law, too.

After three warnings to get up and move off of the sidewalk in front of our house, we were arrested. It is so ironic to me that the person who resides in our White House swears to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. The person who is the (p)resident of the White House now has no concept of the Constitution. He was appointed by the Supreme Court for his first term, invaded and continues to occupy a sovereign country without a declaration of war from the Congress, and violated several treaties to actually invade, Iraq too. Not to mention the condoned torture that pervades the military prisons these days. These are all violations of the Constitution. The Patriot Act and denying us our rights to peaceably assemble are serious breaches of the Bill of Rights. George is so concerned about Iraq developing a Constitution and he ignores and shreds our own Constitution.

Being arrested is not a big deal. We were arrested for "demonstrating without a permit." We were protesting something that is much more serious than sitting on a sidewalk: the tragic and needless deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and Americans (both in Iraq and here in America) who would be alive if it weren't for the criminals who reside in and work in the White House.

Karl Rove (besides just being a very creepy man) outted a CIA agent and was responsible for endangering many of our covert agents worldwide. Dick Cheney's old company is reaping profits beyond anyone's wildest imaginations in their no-bid contracts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and New Orleans. John Negroponte's activities in South America are very shady and murderous. Rumsfeld and Gonzales are responsible for illegal and immoral authorization, encouragement and approval of torture. Not to mention, violating Geneva Conventions, torture endangers the lives of our service men and women in Iraq. Along with the above mentioned traitors, Condi lied through her teeth in the insane run-up to the invasion. The list of crimes is extensive, abhorrent, and unbelievable. What is so unbelievable is that we were arrested for exercising our first amendment rights and these people are running free to enjoy their lives and wreak havoc on the world.

The fine for Demonstrating Without a Permit is $75.00. I am certain that I won't pay it. My court date is November 16th. Any lawyers out there want to help me challenge an unconstitutional law??

rather articulate, isn't she??? Gutsy gal. more power to her. .....and she ain't afraid of the bush(wolf) man.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Ah, c'mon you people - what's with the moaning and wailing? She made a decision, along with everyone else. Decisions imply responsibility, too.

I am against the war, just like most of the world, but honestly! - you people would have been MUSH in the Sixties. Back then "civil disobedience" often meant facing high-pressure fire-hoses, tear-gas, mean German Shepherds and worse.... but the people back then did it!

*(and they Damn-well didn't do it behind bandanas over their faces or toss bricks through store windows either!)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
you people would have been MUSH in the Sixties. Back then "civil disobedience" often meant facing high-pressure fire-hoses, tear-gas, mean German Shepherds and worse.

That sounds kind of like the wedding I was just at. :wink:

Ten Packs, they haven't gone after Sheehan with them, at least not yet, but there have been plenty of incidents in the last few years where the protestors have faced water canon, rubber bullets, tear gas, and police batons.

Tresson

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
you people would have been MUSH in the Sixties. Back then "civil disobedience" often meant facing high-pressure fire-hoses, tear-gas, mean German Shepherds and worse.

That sounds kind of like the wedding I was just at. :wink:

Ten Packs, they haven't gone after Sheehan with them, at least not yet, but there have been plenty of incidents in the last few years where the protestors have faced water canon, rubber bullets, tear gas, and police batons.

Not just in the states but here in Canada a well.... Except, I believe, for the water cannon.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
It's not the treatment I refer to Rev - it's this "Oh Boo-Hoo; woe is me!" thing. If you want to participate in civil disobedience, don't expect someone to buy you a pizza and a six-pack for it....

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yep you better be prepared for a billy club acrosss the head and a jack boot in your face :roll: citizen who are you to say we the authorities are wrong :evil: