N.Korea Agrees......

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
------------------------------------------------------
MSNBC Breaking News
------------------------------------------------------

Negotiators: N. Korea agrees to suspend all nuclear programs -
North Korea pledged to drop its nuclear weapons development and rejoin international arms treaties in a unanimous agreement Monday at six-party arms talks. The agreement was the first-ever joint statement after more than two years of negotiations.

So , does this mean that the US will now stop "terrorizing" it??? Is there any hope for some peaceful language from the USR.??

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Iran doesn't have nukes, Hank. They are developing the technology to make their own fuel and have agreed that inspectors can watch them to ensure they aren't making nukes, but they don't have any bombs.

North Korea has a few (maybe 8) nukes, or so they claim. They might have one that can be fired at the US. The whole North Korean nuclear threat has been an attempt to get aid restored. They were close to a deal years ago, but Bolton pissed them off and insulted them and the deal fell apart.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Im sorry did i say that Iran has nukes? I said apparent threat. If something can be worked out through US UN and Iran then there are no threats. Any muslim country with nuclear abilities seems to irritate the USA. Although Pakistan is the exception but Musharaf and Bush are fine with each other.
Now the US can work on finishing the job in Iraq and Afghani and by 2008, everyone will be ready to tighten up the fiscal belt and work on the NORTH AMERICAN economy.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Dude, the Americans have been dicking around in Iran since the 1950's. Do ya think they'll stop by 2008? Do ya really think this has anything at all to do with nukes?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: N.Korea Agrees......

Hank C Cheyenne said:
Im sorry did i say that Iran has nukes? I said apparent threat. If something can be worked out through US UN and Iran then there are no threats. Any muslim country with nuclear abilities seems to irritate the USA. Although Pakistan is the exception but Musharaf and Bush are fine with each other.
Now the US can work on finishing the job in Iraq and Afghani and by 2008, everyone will be ready to tighten up the fiscal belt and work on the NORTH AMERICAN economy.

sounds like someone has been reading too many Pollyanna books recently.... :roll: all that is missing is: "And they all lived happily ever after.... :wink:

btw: just how do you define "apparent threat".??? And is invading a nation on the basis of an "apparent threat" ok with you??

(sheesh)

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
In like a year, we have had free elections in Afghanistan and Iraq, aand a hint of democracy in Saudi arabia and Egypt. Bless the death of Yasser Arafat and the election of Abbas, the Palestinian leader who is looking to find peace with Israel. And just recently what about Lebanon where peopel are begenning to question the seized power there. hmmmm seems to me Bush has started to shake some things up for the good. I beleive he may be on to something and with the news from North Korean, I am optomistic aboutIran. :D

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Those elections weren't exactly free, Hank. Especially in Iraq, where there's oil, who could be a candidate was controlled by the US. The US puppets are still in power in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Bush had feck all to do with Lebanon. The same people who booted Syria out want nothing to do with the US.

Be optimistic about Iran if you want, but the reality is that there is less freedom now than there was before Bush came to power because every time he rattles his sabre the mullahs clamp down. The democracy movement in Iran also doesn't trust the US because they had a democracy once before and the US stamped it out and installed the shah so that Exxon could keep making massive profits.

If Bush talks himself into a war with Iran, he's going to have a bitch of a problem too. Iran hasn't been croppled by sanctions for a decade. It has a well-trained army and modern equipment. It can't beat the US, and I'm not saying that it can, but Iran can inflict the kind of damage on the US military that is unpalatable back in the states.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Ahhhh it sad that you don't have no hope for the future. w/e you can believe that Iraq's election was a fraud. And you can denounce the visions of freedom in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Sure Bush is not directally involved in Lebanon currently, however the US is stirring things up and giving people hope to fight oppression.

Anyway did you see the parlimentary election in Afghanistan today? Because of US Canada and allies there were no major attacks on voters and seems there was a good turnout including women who are allowed to vote now. Quit crapping on everything, all the hard work is paying off.

I have 1 question for you. If in the near future (1 to 2 years) Afghanistan makes a complete turnaround and becomes a democratic country with ties to the West will you honestly still think the Taliban should be ruling???
Will you admit you are wrong?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Reverend Blair said:
Those elections weren't exactly free, Hank. Especially in Iraq, where there's oil, who could be a candidate was controlled by the US. The US puppets are still in power in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Bush had feck all to do with Lebanon. The same people who booted Syria out want nothing to do with the US.

Be optimistic about Iran if you want, but the reality is that there is less freedom now than there was before Bush came to power because every time he rattles his sabre the mullahs clamp down. The democracy movement in Iran also doesn't trust the US because they had a democracy once before and the US stamped it out and installed the shah so that Exxon could keep making massive profits.

If Bush talks himself into a war with Iran, he's going to have a bitch of a problem too. Iran hasn't been croppled by sanctions for a decade. It has a well-trained army and modern equipment. It can't beat the US, and I'm not saying that it can, but Iran can inflict the kind of damage on the US military that is unpalatable back in the states.

What is unknown is just what type of "coalition" Iran might have to support it. Seems the world is getting a tad testy with the US fecking WAR mentality......and military "solutions" to issues. Doesn't take much brain power to start a war or an ongoing one. "we " are NOT seeing much intelligence in the USR actions, decisions lately.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Hank C Cheyenne said:
Ahhhh it sad that you don't have no hope for the future. w/e you can believe that Iraq's election was a fraud. And you can denounce the visions of freedom in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Sure Bush is not directally involved in Lebanon currently, however the US is stirring things up and giving people hope to fight oppression.

Anyway did you see the parlimentary election in Afghanistan today? Because of US Canada and allies there were no major attacks on voters and seems there was a good turnout including women who are allowed to vote now. Quit crapping on everything, all the hard work is paying off.

I have 1 question for you. If in the near future (1 to 2 years) Afghanistan makes a complete turnaround and becomes a democratic country with ties to the West will you honestly still think the Taliban should be ruling???
Will you admit you are wrong?

OFF TOPIC

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
But really with the constant threat of George W Bully and company, I would not be in a rush to rid myself of nukes either.

Nor would I. Kinda too bad that Bully-George has no idea of how to deal with these issues diplomatically. ......and intelligently. His threats are getting tedious ......and contribute to all the game playing going on now.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now