Chavez called the United States a "terrorist state&quot

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Agence France-Presse
9-16-5

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez called the United States a "terrorist state" and said the United Nations headquarters should be moved away from New York.

The outspoken Chavez littered his speech to the UN world summit with anti-US comments which were strongly applauded. The ally of Cuba's President Fidel Castro followed this up with a press conference at which he accused the US administration of supporting terrorism.

Tensions have been mounting between the United States and Venezuela for months.

President George W. Bush's government has accused Chavez of becoming a destabilizing influence in Latin America. Chavez has in turn threatened to cut off his country's valuable oil supplies to the United States.

Their dispute has been spiced up by a call from US conservative evangelist, Pat Robertson, for the United States to assassinate Chavez, a comment he later apologized for.

Chavez told the UN General Assembly that the United States was "a country that does not respect the resolutions of this assembly."

To loud applause he took up the call of Latin American revolutionary Simon Bolivar for the UN headquarters to be moved to "an international city" in the southern hemisphere.

"It is time to think about an international city," he said, just before being told that his speech had gone beyond the allotted 15 minutes for each of the 170 heads of state and government leaders at the summit.

Chavez took the opportunity to fire a new assault at the US leader, claiming that Bush had been given 20 minutes.

At a press conference after his speech, Chavez said that the United States was a "terrorist state" because of its actions in Iraq, Robertson's assassination call and for harboring Luis Posada Carriles, who is wanted for the bombing of a Cuban airliner.

"It is a terrorist state. It is a government that violates all rules and behaves shamelessly," he said.

"The United States is the champion of double standards. The United States' government defends terrorism. They talk of the fight against the terrorism, but they commit terrorism, state terrorism," said Chavez.

The Venezuelan president said the United States had used napalm in Iraq and protects Posada Carriles, who is being held in the United States on immigration charges.

The Venezuelan leader arrived in New York on Thursday morning having kept in doubt whether he would attend the summit at all.

Chavez charged Tuesday that the United States had denied visas to his security and medical teams. He also complained that his presidential jet had been ordered to an airport far from the UN building.

Stepping up the diplomatic hostilities, as Chavez arrived, the US administration released a report saying that Venezuela had "failed demonstrably" to meet its counter-narcotics obligations over the past year.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
RE: Chavez called the United States a "terrorist state&

I do believe that anti American attitudes are getting in the way of many peoples judgement. People are not supporting the lesser of the 2 evils. I am the last person to say that Washington is squeaky clean, but don't forget that Saddam killed/tortured hundreds of thousands if not millions of people! He also tryed to capture Kuwait in the Gulf War ( and killed many Kurds). How can you not support getting rid of him and trying to establish a democracy? The people of Iraq deserve the same rights as we have here in Canada and the USA.

Why don't any of you bring up conflicts caused by Islamic extremism around the world? What about Muslim extremists killing thousands in Africa? What about the suicide bombers in Gaza? What about the people who died in the conflict of the Kashmir region? What about the people of iraq who trying to get jobs but are mass murdered by the extremists?

None of you stop to think about what the Iraqi people want. Correct me if I am wrong, but diden't the majority of people in Iraq support the constitution? I belive the only mass protest are coming from the Sunni population. (which coincidently ruled under the Saddam Hussein government & are leading the way in suicide bombings).

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: Chavez called the United States a "terrorist state&

jjw1965 said:
Agence France-Presse
9-16-5

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez called the United States a "terrorist state" and said the United Nations headquarters should be moved away from New York.

The outspoken Chavez littered his speech to the UN world summit with anti-US comments which were strongly applauded. The ally of Cuba's President Fidel Castro followed this up with a press conference at which he accused the US administration of supporting terrorism.

Tensions have been mounting between the United States and Venezuela for months.

President George W. Bush's government has accused Chavez of becoming a destabilizing influence in Latin America. Chavez has in turn threatened to cut off his country's valuable oil supplies to the United States.

Their dispute has been spiced up by a call from US conservative evangelist, Pat Robertson, for the United States to assassinate Chavez, a comment he later apologized for.

Chavez told the UN General Assembly that the United States was "a country that does not respect the resolutions of this assembly."

To loud applause he took up the call of Latin American revolutionary Simon Bolivar for the UN headquarters to be moved to "an international city" in the southern hemisphere.

"It is time to think about an international city," he said, just before being told that his speech had gone beyond the allotted 15 minutes for each of the 170 heads of state and government leaders at the summit.

Chavez took the opportunity to fire a new assault at the US leader, claiming that Bush had been given 20 minutes.

At a press conference after his speech, Chavez said that the United States was a "terrorist state" because of its actions in Iraq, Robertson's assassination call and for harboring Luis Posada Carriles, who is wanted for the bombing of a Cuban airliner.

"It is a terrorist state. It is a government that violates all rules and behaves shamelessly," he said.

"The United States is the champion of double standards. The United States' government defends terrorism. They talk of the fight against the terrorism, but they commit terrorism, state terrorism," said Chavez.

The Venezuelan president said the United States had used napalm in Iraq and protects Posada Carriles, who is being held in the United States on immigration charges.

The Venezuelan leader arrived in New York on Thursday morning having kept in doubt whether he would attend the summit at all.

Chavez charged Tuesday that the United States had denied visas to his security and medical teams. He also complained that his presidential jet had been ordered to an airport far from the UN building.

Stepping up the diplomatic hostilities, as Chavez arrived, the US administration released a report saying that Venezuela had "failed demonstrably" to meet its counter-narcotics obligations over the past year.

Chavez??? You are joking right? How can you respect someone accused of Human Rights violations against his own people?

Read on ...

http://www.petitiononline.com/TARYN/petition.html

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

LOL right back at you two, quite the familar tag team you are to :roll: :roll: :roll:

"How can you respect someone accused of Human Rights violations against his own people? "
Exactly!!!!!! ask your dubya that question. Chavez, is more of a man than you two will ever be.
Interesting link....they got some interesting petitions there...

http://www.petitiononline.com/aliraqi/petition.html

uh huh...read this one

http://www.petitiononline.com/akyspet/petition.html

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha thanks for the link carboy...this one is the best one yet!

http://www.petitiononline.com/noharper/petition.html

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

peapod said:
LOL right back at you two, quite the familar tag team you are to :roll: :roll: :roll:

"How can you respect someone accused of Human Rights violations against his own people? "
Exactly!!!!!! ask your dubya that question. Chavez, is more of a man than you two will ever be.
Interesting link....they got some interesting petitions there...

http://www.petitiononline.com/aliraqi/petition.html

uh huh...read this one

http://www.petitiononline.com/akyspet/petition.html

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha thanks for the link carboy...this one is the best one yet!

http://www.petitiononline.com/noharper/petition.html

Damn!

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

Seems I may have inadvertently opened up a can of worms here.

This still doesn't discount the fact that Chevez has violated human rights of many of his citizens. I shudder to be living in Venezuela and part of an opposition party opposed to Chavez...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Don't you read the links you post, no wonder you think like a neo con...its the person who started the petition you posted...Oh boy this is gonna be fun :lol: :lol:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

Ah ... thanks for reminding me, Nascar!

Since you're obviously so concerned about human rights issues, I thought you might like to get involved in some of the campaigns Amnesty are currently running ...

Here's one that must concern you.

There's a lot more where that came from. I just know you're going to want to do your bit to help these unfortunate people, you being such a god-fearing chap and whatnot.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

I do believe that anti American attitudes are getting in the way of many peoples judgement. People are not supporting the lesser of the 2 evils. I am the last person to say that Washington is squeaky clean, but don't forget that Saddam killed/tortured hundreds of thousands if not millions of people! He also tryed to capture Kuwait in the Gulf War ( and killed many Kurds). How can you not support getting rid of him and trying to establish a democracy? The people of Iraq deserve the same rights as we have here in Canada and the USA.

Why don't any of you bring up conflicts caused by Islamic extremism around the world? What about Muslim extremists killing thousands in Africa? What about the suicide bombers in Gaza? What about the people who died in the conflict of the Kashmir region? What about the people of iraq who trying to get jobs but are mass murdered by the extremists?

None of you stop to think about what the Iraqi people want. Correct me if I am wrong, but diden't the majority of people in Iraq support the constitution? I belive the only mass protest are coming from the Sunni population. (which coincidently ruled under the Saddam Hussein government & are leading the way in suicide bombings).

Now tell me would it be better if Saddam Hussein was in power right now? I'll bet you in 5 years when Iraq is back on its feet and self reliant you guys will not give the USA any credit, whats wrong with you guys?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

I knew it! Here is the info about posting off-topic stuff. In this case non-Chavez related issues ...

Dear Members,

It's great that there is so much interest in such a variety of topics expressed by every single one of our members. New threads pop up discussion important or curious topics which were meant to discuss a certain subject.

While it's so easy to go off course when discussing something, we ask that you try to keep it to a minimum. While it's ok to make a quick remark that's off topic in the thread, we ask that you keep it as a secondary point to your reply post. Feel free to create a new thread if you want to discuss something else, but try to keep people's threads clean and ontopic.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005

Stuff about the US being a terrorist state would be okay, though?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Thats funny nascar, you post a link to a site, to try paint chavez with your neocon brush. But than when the site is exposed as a place that any tom dick or henry (no pun intended bigh) can write a petition. You didn't even know who wrote it 8O Its just more neocon smear tatics.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA

peapod said:
Thats funny nascar, you post a link to a site, to try paint chavez with your neocon brush. But than when the site is exposed as a place that any tom dick or henry (no pun intended bigh) can write a petition. You didn't even know who wrote it 8O Its just more neocon smear tatics.

Peapod, I did indeed enter the www.petitiononline.com home site initially and was not able to locate anything out of the ordinary ... damn ... I should have selected a few of the sub-links!

From now on I stick with FOXNews and MSNBC!

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.

lol Nascar they really stuck it to you. W/E though, wow he made a mistake by going to a dumb site, big deal. You guys still have not responded to my comments made.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005

Nascar_James said:
From now on I stick with FOXNews and MSNBC!

One step down the path to 'enlightenment' and you're backtracking already :( :( Ah well, at least ya made the attempt ;)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Well whatever nascar, you have provided us with a great link tho... And if chevez thinks the united states is a terrorist state, thats his right, he is not alone. You know nothing about chevez, or where he comes from, Hey :idea: maybe its about the oil chevez has in them dar hills! ehm....let see

Exxon/Mobil, the world's largest corporation, posted the highest profits of any company in history - more than $25 billion. The oil giant, based in Irving, Tex., is on track to shatter that mark this year, with revenues that now approach $1 billion per day.
Unlike those greedy pigs, chevez spreads the wealth around...

Than you got that fecking neo con bible thumping white trash Pat robertson (bush family pal) telling the US government to kill or kidnap him. So cut the holier than tho act.