New Yorks Needs to Bring Back Mayor Giuliani

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
New York City, undoubtedly the most prominent city in all of North America, needs to bring back the world's Mayor, Mayor Giuliani.

Here you have Bloomberg, who opposes Roberts, already off to a bad relationship between New York and the next Chief Supreme Court Justice. If Bloomberg, who unlike Giuliani, prefers to hide behind the scenes, had nothing good to say about our next Supreme Court Justice, he should not have said anything at all. It appears that his re-election campaign is more important to him than the interests of his fellow New Yorkers...

Bring Back Mayor Giuliani!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9375746/

New York's GOP mayor opposes Roberts

Updated: 2:48 p.m. ET Sept. 17, 2005
NEW YORK - Campaigning for re-election in an unquestionably liberal city, Mayor Michael Bloomberg has broken with fellow Republicans and opposed President Bush’s pick for chief justice of the Supreme Court.

Bloomberg said he could not support nominee John Roberts because the judge had failed to indicate clearly during his Senate confirmation hearings whether he accepts the Roe v. Wade abortion ruling as “settled law.”

“What I was waiting for, as were many Americans, was a clear affirmation that the life-altering decision as to whether or not to have a child must be a woman’s decision,” Bloomberg said in a statement distributed to reporters Friday.

“Unfortunately, Judge Roberts’ response did not indicate a commitment to protect a woman’s right to choose.”

Roberts sidestepped questions about his personal and legal views on abortion during three days of testimony this week before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

When questioned about Roe v. Wade, Roberts said the 1973 ruling legalizing abortion was “entitled to respect” as a court precedent, but declined to say how he might vote if given the opportunity to reverse the landmark decision.

Many Republicans have defended Roberts’ refusal to answer directly questions about important legal issues, saying it would be inappropriate for him to talk about issues that might later come before him as a judge.

Bloomberg said he had hoped to hear Roberts make at least a “simple affirmation of Roe v. Wade, a decision which has had a long-lasting, profound impact in improving women’s health and lives.”

“There can be no turning back, and for that reason I oppose the nomination of Judge Roberts as chief justice.”

The mayor’s announcement was unlikely to influence Roberts’ nomination, which has yet to be substantially challenged in the Senate.

It may, however, aid Bloomberg’s re-election campaign.

Democrats vastly outnumber Republicans in New York, and Bloomberg — who left the Democratic Party four years ago to run for mayor — will need large numbers of them to cross party lines to win a second term this November.

His likely opponent is Fernando Ferrer, a former Bronx borough president who claimed about 40 percent of the vote in Tuesday’s Democratic primary.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Whoa there, Partner!

Rudy G :twisted: ???

The Republicans all hated Clinton because he supposedly was such a womanizing bad guy -- but perverted Rudy G :twisted: makes him like a choir boy by comparison. He's such a perve that he threw his wife out of the bedroom in order to screw with his mistress. And he told her that if she didn't leave, she would be free to just sit and watch. This was reported in the New York Post and remains well known in the Big City.

Your hero Rudy G :twisted: presided over NYC when the crack epidemic took place and he did virtually nothing to stop the flow of that dangerous menace. Thankfully, Clinton put a stop to it but this is not generally known because the reich wing news media hates him so much.

The former Mrs G remains active in NYC as a manager in Central Park and is a beloved resident of the Big City.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
I completely agree with 'gopher'. Guliani was a sleazy bugger. If it weren't that the Republic party was so totally lacking in crisis management (read effective leadership), Guliani would have faded from the scene quickly. And as for Robart's, anyone with any sence of caring for America should be speaking out against this appointment. He has absolutely no sence of protecting the rights of the common man (or woman). America will be worse off with this man than they were with the last cretan who was top judge and gave the nod to Bush as President.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Mayor Giuliani helped bring the city back to business after 9/11. He rallied his city and this country to stand united against terrorism and to go about our day to day lives, not giving an edge to the terroists.

In my opinion, he will be remembered as the greatest mayor of our time.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: New Yorks Needs to Br

Your opinion is based on myth, James. Rudy looked good because he was being compared to Bush, who ran away like a coward on 9/11.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
No so Rev. President Bush made a personal appearance at ground zero soon after 9/11 .A few days after 9/11 on his famous visit to New York, he inspired a nation as he stood on hallowed ground, supporting the first responders (surrounding firefighters and rescue workers at the scene).

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Here's a closer look at Republican sleezebag Rudy G :twisted: =

http://home.earthlink.net/~zkkatz/page62.html

Rudolph Giuliani

The much-anticipated Senate race between First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton and New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is going to be a doozy. Expect to see fireworks. Not real ones, though. Rudy will throw you in jail for that.

He's an ornery fellow. Aggressive, testy, thin-skinned, ruthless -- he's constantly fighting with the Governor, the City Council, and anybody else who gets in his way.

He used to get along with former Mayor Ed Koch. Not anymore. Koch has a new book out now: Giuliani: Nasty Man.

Forget what Newt Gingrich's mom said about Hillary. Rudy's the bitch in this Senate race. But one issue will backfire on him if he dares to bring it up (which he says he won't): Hillary's marriage.
His own marriage, to second wife Donna Hanover, has been subject to much speculation. According to a 1997 Vanity Fair article, Rudy was having an affair with his communications director, Cristyne Lategano. He denied this, but folks have said his wife has refused to be in the same room with the alleged girlfriend.

Rudy and Donna are rarely seen together anymore. During his 1997 reelection, she refused to campaign for him, stayed home while he celebrated on election night, and wouldn't even say who she voted for. And she has dropped Giuliani from her name, doesn't talk about him in interviews, and bristles when asked about him.

Donna now puts her energy into her career (and their two children). She has anchored a newscast for a New York TV station, hosted a show for the Food Network, and played evangelist Ruth Carter Stapleton (Jimmy Carter's sister), in the 1996 film The People vs. Larry Flynt. And in late spring 2000 she'll be appearing in the controversial off-Broadway play, The Vagina Monologues. I'm sure he doesn't want to miss that.

Meanwhile, Rudy has been on a rampage. During his second term, he has attacked hot dog vendors, cab drivers, artists, jaywalkers, gardeners, the homeless, peaceful demonstrators, and the Brooklyn Museum. He's been called a control freak, a totalitarian, a dictator, a hothead, and a megalomaniac.

He's been known to overreact to situations. During an AIDS demonstration, he had the police department put snipers above the crowd from atop City Hall.
And he tried to shut down topless clubs. Whoa! What would Times Square be without that? He even urged folks to photograph patrons entering the clubs, and then send the pictures to local newspapers.

In 1998, Rudy was trying to get the city cleaned up so the Republicans would bring their 2000 National Convention to New York. It didn't work. The GOP decided they'd rather be in Philadelphia. Maybe they didn't want Rudy hogging the show. Or maybe shutting down topless joints wasn't such a swell idea. After all, how would Strom Thurmond entertain himself? Strom loves the hootchy-kootchy girls.

Or maybe the Republicans were afraid New York's drag queens would descend on the convention, and some poor unsuspecting Okie might not know to check for Adam's apples. Or maybe they were afraid Rudy himself would put on drag, which he has been known to do on occasion. And, believe me, he does not make a pretty woman. He makes Milton Berle look. . . almost doable.

So what happened to Rudy's first marriage? He had that annulled -- on the grounds that his wife was his second cousin.

Rudy claims he was confused when he married her. He thought she was his third cousin. Now how can he be married to a woman and not know exactly how he's related to her? Couldn't he stop screwing her long enough to figure that out?

Maybe he should mention this in his campaign commercials. Throw in some banjo music and he might win the hillbilly vote.

UPDATE -- October 24, 2000

It hasn't been one of Rudy's better years. A lot has happened.

First, in the middle of his Senate campaign, he announces that he has prostate cancer. Ain't that a pisser? So his sweet wife, Donna, calls off her plans to do "The Vagina Monologues" so she can be more supportive to her husband. Then, to show her how much he appreciates it, he blindsides her at a news conference by telling the whole world he's dropping her for his "very good friend", Judi. And how does poor Donna find out? When a friend calls her and says, "hey, your husband's on TV saying he's dumping you." Well, she showed him! She called her own press conference to say what a rat he was and how he had been running around with Crystyne Lategano. You know: the one he denied having an affair with.

Two days later, Donna and the kids headed to her parents' house in California for Mother's Day. Meanwhile, Rudy and Judi sashayed around town in full public view like they were leading the Easter Parade.

This scandalous episode gave state Republicans conniptions. How could they make hay of Hillary's marital troubles now? How can Rudy run with this mess going on? Should he run?

Well, he's not running. But according to him, it's not because of his infidelities. It's his prostate cancer. Of course, his poll numbers weren't looking too swift, either. Every week, he'd get pissed off about something new and start calling folks evil and stupid. He's his own worst enemy.

By the way, Donna has made it clear that he can cavort around town with his girlfriend all he wants, but she and the kids are staying put at Gracie Mansion until the end of his term. That's sticking it to him, Donna!

Then a book comes along revealing that the mayor's own father had spent over a year at Sing Sing for armed robbery. Plus, it said, his dad couldn't hold a steady job, but he worked as an enforcer for his brother's loan shark operation. And one of Rudy's cousins was mob-connected and was shot to death by federal agents. Another cousin was a junkie. Nice family, huh?

Do I sound like I'm piling on? Kicking a man when he's down? Well, why not? Rudy would.

******************************************************************************************

Who wants this sleezebag for mayor, now???

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Gopher, we can't really judge someone's personal life without knowing all the details on what really happened regarding the split-up with his wife. Plus, we shouldn't dig into someone's personal life to begin with.

If I had to choose between the word of the mayor's ex wife vs the word of the respected ex-mayor himself, I'd clearly pick the mayor's word, no contest.

He wasn't picked TIME magazine person of the year in 2001 for nothing ...

http://www.time.com/time/poy2001/poyprofile.html

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Plus, we shouldn't dig into someone's personal life to begin with.

You mean like the way the Republicans didn't dig into Clinton's personal life, James?

Oh, and Bush ran like a coward on 9-11. He flew away and hid. When he was first supposed to address the nation and the world, they lied and said it was live. Unfortunately the tape screwed up and had to be re-cued so they were caught at it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Rudy G :twisted: as Person of the Year?

That reminds me of the rigged vote which held that :twisted: Reagan666 :twisted: was the Greatest American citizen of all time.

As for knowing a thing or two about Rudy G :twisted: , may I remind you that I grew up in NYC and that I followed his career in my many years there. If he ran for mayor again and this time against his former wife, she would win!

Don't believe me? Post a few notes about the subject on any NYC web forum. The replies you get will surprise you.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Nascar_James said:
Gopher, we can't really judge someone's personal life without knowing all the details on what really happened regarding the split-up with his wife. Plus, we shouldn't dig into someone's personal life to begin with.

If I had to choose between the word of the mayor's ex wife vs the word of the respected ex-mayor himself, I'd clearly pick the mayor's word, no contest.

We mustn't judge, James, but you'd take the mayor's word, "no contest"? :roll:

Can you really not see the irony - the hypocrisy - in that statement?