S.H. "Trial" set for Oct.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: S.H. "Trial" set for

He will either "die" somehow before trial starts or it will be closed and nothing released to the public, if there is, it will be strictly contolled and only the parts that make America look good will be made availble to public.

This trial will be a sham,circus,fraud and if they want a legit trial, move it to where it should be, the Hague.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: S.H. "Trial" set for

no1important said:
He will either "die" somehow before trial starts or it will be closed and nothing released to the public, if there is, it will be strictly contolled and only the parts that make America look good will be made availble to public.

This trial will be a sham,circus,fraud and if they want a legit trial, move it to where it should be, the Hague.

Agree completely with your assessment of this. whatever is "played" will be highly orchestrated/manipulated by the US ......and therefore not worth the TV time it would take to watch any of it. Another demonstration of the US/G deviousness. :twisted:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Reguardless of what we know and think about Saddam, the reality is, he will not get a fair trial and the outcome is already pre-determined.

He should be tried under International law and not Iraqi (really US ) law.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He should be tried under International law and not Iraqi (really US ) law.

agree ,, again :wink: but don't think the US/g can afford to let go of the controls over this one. There is too much info that could be revealed to the public that would not favor the US ....etc etc. Patterns of conduct, US manipulation would emerge more clearly and don't think the US would suffer that quietly. Damage control would be part of this trial......(IMHO)

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

no1important said:

I'm not too sure if Saddam may die now. Now that MJ is done, Judge Roberts has receded from the spotlight, and Sheenan is now quieting down, the administration will need a new media topic to misdirect the public from the flood of new critisizm with the hurricane and all.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Sheenan is now quieting down,

hmm. she is en route to Washington now......with increasing numbers ......for Sept 24.

Notice how the SH trial date hardly made mention....IF it did in US media??? 24/7 coverage of N.O. ....like it is the only thing happening on this planet....

the panic in Iraq that caused almost a thousand Iraqi deaths barely made a side bar/bi line.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
Call me a skeptic, but I not entirely convinced that the person they have in custody is Saddam Hussein at all...there are several reasons for me to think it may have been a good old fashioned bait and switch...

call me a skeptic too.......as I don't believe a word......or photo ......that the US/g releases . Been stung a few times by falling for their crap.......and ever so cautious with them now. (prudent ??) ;-)

remember how "they" displayed S.H. sons ??----after "they" slaughtered them??? Gotta show off that prize kill to the world , don't we now??? As someone today said........:the US is NOT the civilized nation it claims to be. (and this came from a Tsunami survivor .......) Pretty sure the people from US prisons will endorse this too.........as well as many Iraqis.

Civility and the US do not belong in the same sentence anymore......and this is the larger tragedy ....(IMHO)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Tell me about it. I spent a couple years working in a commercial photo studio. I know Photoshop pretty well. I don't see a lot of difference between the photos in the World Weekly News and the "real" media most days, but at least the WWN has Batboy.

To me it doesn't matter if it's the real Saddam or not. What matters is that there is no way they (the US, England, France, Germany, Russia et al) want the truth to come out.

Anybody heard from Manny Noriega lately? What's been the delay in getting Pinochet on the stand? How come Marcos never went to trial? Whatever happened to Baby Doc? How come Amin walked?

At least Saddam has plenty of company. They should just build an island for these guys and keep the water around it stocked with sharks.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Saddam's trial may be televised

I will believe it when I see it. But to be fair maybe it should be televised. I still think he may "commit suicide" or "die of mysterious illness" before trial.

I would sllep better though if he was sent to the Hague like Milosevic, then I would know he would get a fair unbiased trial and if (or when) found guilty there would be no questions of bias or USG interferance.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

no1important said:
Saddam's trial may be televised

I will believe it when I see it. But to be fair maybe it should be televised. I still think he may "commit suicide" or "die of mysterious illness" before trial.

I would sllep better though if he was sent to the Hague like Milosevic, then I would know he would get a fair unbiased trial and if (or when) found guilty there would be no questions of bias or USG interferance.

Don't think the USG is going to let their prize catch go . Suspect SH will be made an" example" of by the US.....political football included.

Fair trial?? Don't think so........unless the entire dynamic changes drastically.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
fair trial???

Hmmm. It should be very interesting to see how the "trial" is conducted as nothing that SH did or could have done was a crime under Iraq's old laws. Under the US Constitution, ex-post facto laws are illegal. If Iraq has adopted our brand of "democracy", no ex-post facto law can be enacted. Therefore, SH cannot be found "guilty" of committing any crimes under Iraqi law.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
gopher said:
fair trial???

Hmmm. It should be very interesting to see how the "trial" is conducted as nothing that SH did or could have done was a crime under Iraq's old laws. Under the US Constitution, ex-post facto laws are illegal. If Iraq has adopted our brand of "democracy", no ex-post facto law can be enacted. Therefore, SH cannot be found "guilty" of committing any crimes under Iraqi law.

hey there gopher. :) ... Sounds like you got some legal background........ Nice to know. as that kind of input sure is welcome here --particularly re: a case like this as it starts to unfold.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Aziz 'won't speak against Saddam'

I wondered what happened to him, he was quite "funny" in his interpertations of the war.

a snippet:

A lawyer for Tariq Aziz has denied a British newspaper report that the former Iraqi deputy prime minister will testify against Saddam Hussein.

The lawyer, Badie Izzat Aref, said Mr Aziz would not give evidence against the former leader, whose trial is set to begin on Wednesday.

Separately, Human Rights Watch has warned the proceedings might not meet international standards.

Saddam Hussein's trial will be taking place in an undisclosed location.

Click above link for whole article.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Saddam 'buoyant' on eve of trial

Saddam Hussein is in good spirits on the eve of his trial in Baghdad, his lawyer is reported as saying.

The former Iraqi leader will be led into court on Wednesday with seven associates, charged with ordering the killing of 143 Shia men in 1982.

Lawyer Khalil Dulaimi said the trial was illegitimate and that he would ask for an adjournment, but said Saddam Hussein was still "very optimistic".

Mad_Hatter

Nominee Member
Oct 14, 2005
Shakedown Street
www.myspace.com
The first crime that Saddam is being tried for as told by Wikipedia:

"In retaliation, Saddam's security forces attacked the town, killing and executing up to 160 of its inhabitants, including a number of children. Around 1,500 townspeople were sent to prison and tortured, and the entire town was punished by having 1,000 square kilometres (250,000 acres) of farmland destroyed; replanting was only permitted 10 years later."

If you ask me, he deserves whatever he gets.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I wonder what day the trial will be on. I wouldn't want to miss it by sleeping in or anything... just joking...

How in hell can anyone, particularly Saddam Hussein, get a fair trial in Iraq today. The Americans should be out of it; and the trial should be held in The Hague. To be fair the officers and men who murdered Hussein's sons should also be on trial.