The loss of a great

Billy_B

Aug 7, 2005
Northants UK
I know on this particular forum we are always putting down politicians. So I think it comes as a shock to say that sadly the world lost one of it greats earlier today.
British Labour MP Mo Mowlam died at the age of 55.

It was this remarkable woman that, during her time as Minister of Northern Ireland, actually brought an end to the fighting in that troubled part of Britain. In the world of politics this woman constantly displayed a human side, and genuinely cared about the people she served.

I advise anyone unfamiliar with this lady to spend 5mins reading up on her career ( it may restore some faith ) it will almost certainly restore hope that not all MP's are in it for fast bucks and glory.

RIP

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Hear, hear. Mo Mowlam was a person who said what she meant, meant what she said and did what she said she was going to do. She'll be remembered as a truly genuine person, without a hint of spin. A woman of real integrity and courage, as well as a shrewd and intelligent political operator.

A sad loss to real Labour, and to the country as a whole.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Thank you for posting this about Mo Mowlam, otherwise I might never have read about this amazing woman. If only (if only!) there were more like her in politics.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Mo Mowlam was a person who said what she meant, meant what she said and did what she said she was going to do. She'll be remembered as a truly genuine person, without a hint of spin. A woman of real integrity and courage

absolutely!! :!: A rare comodity in this era of orchestrated "politics" ....

RIP.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Tony Blair gave some tribute not naming her directly but said that for the first time the IRA chose peace over violence, politics over terror...

She's an interesting feeling Queen of Hearts in the hand that was played in Ireland all these decades.