The Pullout

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I'm suprised that there hasn't been anything about this posted yet.

The troops began dragging hardliners from the synagogue in Neve Dekalim, the largest settlement in Gaza, on the second day of forced evictions. More...

Soldier's diary: Evacuating Bedolah

Israel National News

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Something that I haven't heard about is Why Sharon the Butcher has suddenly changed his mind about the allowing Palestinians their own land. He's spent his entire career (both as a soldier and as a politician) trying to destroy them.......now he's old and possibly getting closer to meeting his maker. Is it his way of securing a place behind the pearly gates?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Perhaps because Arafat died and the fact that the new PLO leader, Abu Mazen who used to work under Arafat but who resigned in protest under Arafat provides the newest and brightest and only chance for peace and who Sharon seems to trust, because Abu Mazen has given voice to a generation of Palestinians who are tired of shooting themselves in the foot, who are tired of their own corruption and greed and hypocrisy while dealing with their anger at the Israeli.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
You think that Sharon's change is all about his hatred of Arafat?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: The Pullout

Twila said:
You think that Sharon's change is all about his hatred of Arafat?

Yes.

I think there was a power struggle and neither Sharon or Arafat wanted to give. Now that Arafat is dead, Sharon can do the right thing instead of looking like he "lost" to Arafat. Ego's you know.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Sharon gives back a small section of land to the displaced Palistinians. He then funds a huge expansion of settlement in the West Bank, effectively cutting the Palistinians out of West Jeruselam. He also uses that new wall to slice even further into West Bank land. This man continues his terrorist ways and is an international criminal backed (of course) by the U.S.A.