I Am Not Un-American, Just Tired

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Someone called me Un-American, Why? Is it because I speak out against the tyrannical leaders that run this country? Or is it just because they, being the brainwashed people that they are, just can’t see the things that I see?

I believe that most of the world events that I grew up believing were nothing more than propaganda that our government fed to the media to brainwash its citizens. I’m sorry but I just can’t believe everything that the suits behind the teleprompter tell us. The mainstream media doesn’t even have true investigative reporters anymore, just puppets that read what’s shoved in front of them.

America is too consumed with American Idol, Survivor, and the like to actually see what goes on right in front of their face. I’m not saying that you should just sit home and not have any enjoyment, (God Forbid) I’m just saying wake up! If you really must watch the W.W.E. just watch our government, you won’t see more fake moves and trash talk than that!

I really feel sorry for my fellow Americans, we for the better part are really good people, just lost. The sad thing is that one day soon they will wake up, but I’m afraid it will be a little to late, for martial law is coming, they have said it there selves ( the government), one more attack on our soil and that’s it!

So to all of my fellow Americans, I’m not Un-American, just tired. Tired of seeing my Country being taken away by the Neocons that rule it.

"Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime".
~Adlai Stevenson

"A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world".
~ George Santayana

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
jjw1965 said:
Someone called me Un-American, Why? Is it because I speak out against the tyrannical leaders that run this country? Or is it just because they, being the brainwashed people that they are, just can’t see the things that I see?

I believe that most of the world events that I grew up believing were nothing more than propaganda that our government fed to the media to brainwash its citizens. I’m sorry but I just can’t believe everything that the suits behind the teleprompter tell us. The mainstream media doesn’t even have true investigative reporters anymore, just puppets that read what’s shoved in front of them.

America is too consumed with American Idol, Survivor, and the like to actually see what goes on right in front of their face. I’m not saying that you should just sit home and not have any enjoyment, (God Forbid) I’m just saying wake up! If you really must watch the W.W.E. just watch our government, you won’t see more fake moves and trash talk than that!

I really feel sorry for my fellow Americans, we for the better part are really good people, just lost. The sad thing is that one day soon they will wake up, but I’m afraid it will be a little to late, for martial law is coming, they have said it there selves ( the government), one more attack on our soil and that’s it!

So to all of my fellow Americans, I’m not Un-American, just tired. Tired of seeing my Country being taken away by the Neocons that rule it.

"Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime".
~Adlai Stevenson

"A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world".
~ George Santayana

Not to concern yourself with being called "unAmerican". That is the current over used defensive tactic of the ones that continue to defend the travesty that the USG represents. It is just a shallow , knee jerk reaction from those non thinkers who have bought into the BUSHCON STYLE "American dream". These same non thinkers will not wake up until bush's actions affect them on a personal level, their pocket book, or some other area that matters to them. They ( this group) is known for lashing out with simplistic name calling and labelling which only adds to the tension that already exists. They blame everyone/anyone else without seeing how they have contributed to the mess they are in and just might be in the future world of bush. "they" don't even take reponsibility for the bashing they do. Just a simplistic childish knee jerk verbal reaction as if to demonstrate their "superiority".
this same group does not address the real issues , but simply bash the person who stands up for principle . Name calling is a favorite passtime. Maybe they cannot offer anything of substance and this is the only tactic they have.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
This is not paranoid thinking -- this is called heeding a clear warning and learning from past history.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: I Am Not Un-American, Just Tired

jjw1965 said:
This is not paranoid thinking -- this is called heeding a clear warning and learning from past history.

of course it isn't paranoia. It represents some critical analysis and thinking.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Ocean Breeze said:
jjw1965 said:

Posting an article with no legal basis and with minimal support from the house and deriving an assumption that Bush will somehow stay in power for the rest of his life is paranoia.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
JJW1965

What is "American" to you?

Being American to me is enjoying time with my family, watching what I want ,When I want, Being able to have my opinion without being labled a terrorist. Being able to go where I wish without being asked for I.D. when i'm only going to the store. being able to choose what is right for my children without the government telling me whats right , ect.

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
Posting an article with no legal basis and with minimal support from the house and deriving an assumption that Bush will somehow stay in power for the rest of his life is paranoia.

Not thinking that a government is capable of doing things like this is Foolish!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
jjw1965 said:
Not thinking that a government is capable of doing things like this is Foolish!

Thinking that Bush will somehow accomplish this before he ends his term in office is paranoia. I did not say it may not happen in the future, but you are referring to Bush and his neo-con buddies.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
jjw1965 said:
JJW1965

Being American to me is enjoying time with my family, watching what I want ,When I want, Being able to have my opinion without being labled a terrorist. Being able to go where I wish without being asked for I.D. when i'm only going to the store. being able to choose what is right for my children without the government telling me whats right , ect.

JJW1965

I think what you have described is what people all over the world want, not just in the U.S.

If you were actually labelled a terrorist, you should contact an attorney.

If you are being asked for your ID when you are only visiting a store, there is a problem and perhaps the same attorney can counsel you. If you are paying by credit card or cheque, perhaps the store clerks are instructed to see ID. We all do that. If you want to pay cash for things, nobody will ask for your ID.

Don't you now have the right to choose for your children? How does the government tell you what is right or wrong? You are their father and have more say in your household than the government unless you are doing them harm in any way - which you are not obviously.

And about the government - don't worry - they clean house regularly - four or eight years. Think positively that the next incumbent will meet some of your wishes - none of us can expect
everything we want. That would be magical thinking. We have to find what we want in life "without" the government - by doing things for ourselves. Being independent and resourceful.

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
jjw1965 said:
JJW1965

Nothing wrong with what you said, but it is all about "I" and "my"- and now I would like for you to address this question from a "we" and "ours" perspective. Would you, please?

Bull Dog

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Ahh, but he alone can not speak for his country! he feels that he is american and for the reasons that he has listed...the reasons behind why one feels patriotic are as varied as the reasons bbehind ones happiness...ohmmmmm...ohmmmm(shh! meditating)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:
jjw1965 said:

http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00059820.html

paranoia : exaggerated /unfounded distrust.....of...

Now, can anyone say, that distrusting the bush regime is unfounded??? given the lies it tells with monotonous regularity..... distrust is not only founded , but a valuable commodity , unless one simply is an unthinking , unquestioning follower.

Whether this change would come to fruition or not......is debatable. The fact remains, that this has been mentioned on many other reliable sources.

Serious skepticism about the current bush regime is not only essential, but could be a saving "grace".

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Ocean Breeze said:
http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00059820.html

paranoia : exaggerated /unfounded distrust.....of...

Now, can anyone say, that distrusting the bush regime is unfounded??? given the lies it tells with monotonous regularity..... distrust is not only founded , but a valuable commodity , unless one simply is an unthinking , unquestioning follower.

Whether this change would come to fruition or not......is debatable. The fact remains, that this has been mentioned on many other reliable sources.

Serious skepticism about the current bush regime is not only essential, but could be a saving "grace".

There is no saving grace in paranoia. You become your worst enemy.

EDIT: By the way, you forgot the rest of your definition:

Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them."

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I have to ask Ocean, how can you live with such overbearing conviction...I think my head would explode if I felt the way you do
. Sometimes it's better to state your opinion with humility and let it fend for itself. You can't make everybody see your side, it's jsut the way life is

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

I think not said:
There is no saving grace in paranoia. You become your worst enemy.

EDIT: By the way, you forgot the rest of your definition:

Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are "out to get them."

I just wanted to add --------> :laughing3: