Terrorist attack in London

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
http://www.news.com.au/

Anyone seen the news yet - is this aimed at the G8 coference - Iraqi War or the fact that London was just awarded the summer games???

Initial reports this morning was a power surge in the London subway system. It said 7 explosions occurred shutting down the whole system. Then it reported that there werer also 3 bus explosions invovled and it was thought to be terrorists??

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
This is a declaration of war on G8 nations.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
CAIRO, Egypt - A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" posted a claim of responsibility for Thursday's blasts in London, saying they were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The authenticity of the message could not be immediately confirmed.

The statement, which also threatened attacks in Italy and Denmark, was published on a Web site popular with Islamic militants, according to Elaph, a secular Arabic-language news Web site, and Der Spiegel magazine in Berlin, which published the text on their Web sites.

"Rejoice, Islamic nation. Rejoice, Arab world. The time has come for vengeance against the Zionist crusader government of Britain in response to the massacres Britain committed in Iraq and Afghanistan," said the statement, translated by The Associated Press in Cairo. The AP was unable to access the Web site where it was posted, which was closed quickly after the reports.

The group al-Qaida in Europe claimed responsibility for the last major terror attack in Europe: a string of bombs that hit commuter trains in Madrid, Spain in March 2004, killing 191 people. Two days after that attack, a video was found in a trash can outside a Madrid mosque with a statement purported to be from the group's spokesman, called by the nickname "Abu Dujan al Afghani."

In the new statement, the group said "the heroic mujahedeen carried out a blessed attack in London, and now Britain is burning with fear and terror, from north to south, east to west."

"We warned the British government and the British people repeatedly. We have carried out our promise and carried out a military attack in Britain after great efforts by the heroic mujahedeen over a long period to ensure its success."

"We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all crusader governments that they will receive the same punishment if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan," the statement went on.

It was signed "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe."

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I was afraid something like this would happen after london got the Olympic games,but I didn't want to post it and give some nutcase any ideas :(

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I doubt you have to give these nutcases any ideas. They have plenty of their own.

This is the last straw for those folks....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Perhaps the Olympics should be cancelled altogether. There is no way to guarantee the security of any of the athletes or the spectators.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Terrorist attack in London

missile said:
Perhaps the Olympics should be cancelled altogether. There is no way to guarantee the security of any of the athletes or the spectators.

I don't think we should cancel our lives over these bastards...we should cancel all immigration from these countries, and all foreign aid....we should pound them back into the dust they came from.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
God Save the Queen(King)

God save our gracious Queen(King),
Long live our noble Queen(King),
God save the Queen(King).
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen (King).

O lord God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall!
Confound their knavish tricks,
Confuse their politics,
On you our hopes we fix,
God save the Queen (King)!

Not in this land alone,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore!
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world ov'er.

From every latent foe,
From the assasins blow,
O'er her (his) thine arm extend,
For Britain's sake defend,
Our mother, prince, and friend,

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her (his) be pleased to pour,
Long may she (he) reign!
May she (he) defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If there's one Western country that is familiar with urban terrorism, it's the UK.

I still remember standing in the Tower of London, looking at the plaque on the floor that siad "In this spot, in 197?, a bomb went off that killed xxx people...."

That makes you think, let me tell you.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
God Bless England

England bows to no one and has always stood up in the face of adversity.

I think a lot of bad people are going to be dissapearing real quick. The SAS does not take kindly to it's fellow citizens being killed.

Cheers to you Canadians as well! I see no one has placed blame where it should not be.