Students quit over anti-US slurs

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I think that they are looking inwards and finding that they were lied too and dragged to an illegal war. Sorry to say, but American public is going to have a very hard time going places for a long while.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
You're probably right. Then again we do have the 2nd highest tourism in the world, second to France. You know what they say, if you can't beat them, JOIN THEM!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
ITN. Nowadays people are not going to join a fallen giant. They come as tourists and that's all but not dying for your citizenship.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Students quit over anti-US slurs

moghrabi said:
Money brings a lot of people. Not for the love of the land but he lust for money.

Immigrants seek a better life, whether that is money, escape from opression or whatever else. Don't forget we have 6 million muslims in this country and I find it hard to believe they came here for money. ;)

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
People immigrate to the US because it is the lesser of two evils. I would rather live in the states than most other (except Canada, duh) countries on this planet. People will always come to the US.

America is a terrific country, with unlimited earning potential. There is nothing wrong with the US (except Bush, duh) that a little birth control won't cure.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

GreenGreta said:
People immigrate to the US because it is the lesser of two evils. I would rather live in the states than most other (except Canada, duh) countries on this planet. People will always come to the US.

America is a terrific country, with unlimited earning potential. There is nothing wrong with the US (except Bush, duh) that a little birth control won't cure.

:laughing3: Good One!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

GreenGreta said:

The words on your T-Shirt in your Avatar are very interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
"We are giving them the heads up that it is a bit more heated because of the war in Iraq," Ms Houston said.

Somebody should inform this "Ms Houston" that Australia is a major U.S. ally in Iraq.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Students quit over an

The government is the Ally with America not the general population.

What gets me is, is that Americans do not seem to have a clue what the rest of the world thinks of them, their war criminal president, and all of their interferance throughout the years.

And I believe it was the American Politicians arrogance that was responsible in a small part for 9/11. (America did not deserve what happened 9/11 but to me the surprise was that so many people did not understand why they are so hated by other countries and groups, I was surprised by the magnatude of what happened that sad day but I was not overly surprised either.)They never had a clue that a lot of the world does not think too highly of them and still does not. Actually I believe its worse now.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Not true, no1important.

Even the town drunk knows what the world thinks of America and in particular its President.

And arrogance does not beget violence from you personally, rather it begets your hate and that little point becomes huge when you consider what would move you to fly a plane into a skyscraper.

These guys weren't poor. They lived in the west.
They went after the American girls, and drank and smoked and found amazingly some loophole in their belief system that would allow them to suspend some of the rules they believed in.

There's much more to the truth than just a blunt condemnation.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Students quit over an

no1important said:
What gets me is, is that Americans do not seem to have a clue what the rest of the world thinks of them, their war criminal president, and all of their interferance throughout the years.

Don't be presumptuous, we get the same information you do believe it or not.

no1important said:
And I believe it was the American Politicians arrogance that was responsible in a small part for 9/11.

I think it was more than a small part. America has to stop thinking in terms of its superpower mentality

no1important said:
(America did not deserve what happened 9/11 but to me the surprise was that so many people did not understand why they are so hated by other countries and groups, I was surprised by the magnatude of what happened that sad day but I was not overly surprised either.)They never had a clue that a lot of the world does not think too highly of them and still does not. Actually I believe its worse now.

You're very kind to say we didn't deserve 9/11, you actually slipped there no1. Nobody deserves it, nobody. Not Americans, not Palestinians and certainly not Iraqis.

Now do you think its easy being the only "superpower" in the world? Throughout the duration of the Cold War, the United States and the Soviet Union targeted nuclear weapons at each other's cities. We lived through an era that our children will not grow up. And then, the cold war ended and with it, a new form of an enemy emerged. America has enemies, it's always had enemies.

Will we get criticised more than other countries? Sure we will. We're also expected to do more. When you're expected to do more, you will make mistakes, huge mistakes and sometimes you will get it right also. But what is right in ones view is incorrect in another persons view. You can never please everyone.

That being the case, why not do whats in the best interest of America and its allies, whoever stood up for America? Nobody, and since we know we're on our own, we act with a "superpower mentality". That may be our biggest mistake of all.