US Invasion of Iraq-Updates

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
RE: US Invasion of Iraq-U

Equally bleak is the failure of American military recruiters to meet their targets....which means longer tours of duty for those unfortunate enough to serve in Iraq.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom: the sentence about bush being "firmly against the draft" is a dead give away. ( interpreted/translated : he is all for it......and will come up with a cutesy, creative name to replace "the draft" most likely.

maybe "freedom RECRUITS. ".........but be sure to read the fine print :idea: .)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

not a surprise: US discussing possibilities for pumping oil from Iraq to Israel via Jordan.

Now, wouldn't that confirm that the US has taken "ownership" of Iraqi's oil??? Does Iraq have ANYTHING to say about it???

Is the US going to say something like: "well we fought for it, it's ours now?? and finally lose all the bullshit that came out of their gov't about why they invaded in the first place??

so what is this obsession that the US has for Israel???

and what do the Iraqis get out of all this.....(besides more cemetaries for their dead?? )

OIL=WMD???? one could put a twist on that one and almost make it work :twisted:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
all day long I'd post a link or two
if I were as certain as all of you

wouldn't have to work hard
diddle diddle dee

if only i were a knowitall man
but I am I am
I think I am
I think
I am
I

I think that but

I love to watch her strut...

I do respect her

but !

I just love the link strut...

and please please please consider this a comercial break from your regularly scheduled programming...

This is a test

For the next 60 seconds the emergency broadcast network will

beep a really pain in the butt noise in your ear...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
jim: DO try to stick to the topic......diversional games don't work on here. This is too serious of a topic to mess around with.

thanks.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US Invasion of Iraq-U

Again, it is looking very much like Bush is losing control. Pelosi's bill amendment likely would have found some support among Republicans if it had made it to the floor. The Republicans are now concerned about their own members breaking ranks.

thelib

Jun 16, 2005
Pelosi's Pelosi's Pelosi's Pelosi's Pelosi's Pelosi's

C'mon Rev, have you ever listened to her. She's her worst enemy

No one takes her seriously, seriously.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: US Invasion of Iraq-U

Reverend Blair said:
Again, it is looking very much like Bush is losing control. Pelosi's bill amendment likely would have found some support among Republicans if it had made it to the floor. The Republicans are now concerned about their own members breaking ranks.

could "we" be witnessing the beginning of an implosion ???

checks and balances ......should prevail at some point.

footnote: what "control freaks" fail to realize is by wanting to control too much, they start to lose control

they have not grasped the essence of : "By surrendering control, one maintains control"......( a certain psychological strategy that is very effectively used when applied appropropriately)

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
A partisan point of view always is the worst predictor of the future.

Also always always know that each one of us lives in a bubble. Assume that always. Assume it of yourself and assume it of the other.

That way the hobgoblin of consistency of our small minds (mine included) can keep this changing world still enough so we can see it instead of the rapid blur it really is.

Certainty may be a necessity in our bubbles (again mine included) but it is in no way the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Personally I'd like to see these concepts embraced more in all of our conversations.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: US Invasion of Iraq-Updates

jimmoyer said:
A partisan point of view always is the worst predictor of the future.

Also always always know that each one of us lives in a bubble. Assume that always. Assume it of yourself and assume it of the other.

That way the hobgoblin of consistency of our small minds (mine included) can keep this changing world still enough so we can see it instead of the rapid blur it really is.

Certainty may be a necessity in our bubbles (again mine included) but it is in no way the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Personally I'd like to see these concepts embraced more in all of our conversations.

some good points. :idea: Thanks.