RELEASE JOSE PADILLA!!!

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
With today's acquittal of Michael Jackson, I find myself almost as disenchanted with the prospect of justice as when O.J. walked...

And yet there are those in the US that truly need to have Lady Justice smile on them, one such is Jose Padilla, in his fourth year of incarceration without being charged, or brought to trial...

RELEASE JOSE PADILLA!!!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: RELEASE JOSE PADILLA!

They should let him have a trial to clear himself. It is disgraceful the US Supreme court wont hear it. I bet their was political pressure behind the scenes for them not to hear it, as if they went against government it would set a precedent that "W" would not like.

I really don't know how America can claim they are free democratic country anymore when crap like this happens. It is barbaric to keep someone in jail for so long without charge or being brought to trial.

What scares me is how far "Enemy combatent" will be pushed? Will they use it for drug smugglers or any other "alleged" crime to keep people in jail, if they have no evidence.....

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

That is scary stuff. More laws = less freedom. That's why I'm always frothing at the mouth when they start with gun laws and breed banning. Give any government too much power and it's bound to happen. History proves that.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Well none of that really matters though, so long as the average American is free to drive down to their local Best Buy and purchase a 50" plasma TV on their Citibank Platinum, and load it up into their fully-loaded Lincoln Navigator to be taken home and hooked up to their illegal satellite receiver...man things couldn't be feckin' sweeter...

Gawd Bless Amerika...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: RELEASE JOSE PADILLA!

Cosmo said:
That is scary stuff. More laws = less freedom. That's why I'm always frothing at the mouth when they start with gun laws and breed banning. Give any government too much power and it's bound to happen. History proves that.

absolutely. Yet some areas of mankind have not learned from history ..........and we are seeing something rather ugly evolve right in front of our eyes. what is REALLY scary......is that what we CAN see is so ugly........so what about the stuff that is now held so secret in this secretive regime the US voted in???

(an aside : each time I think of the fact that the US population actually voted this regime back in........or allowed the regime to cheat its way back in.......I go into a dissassociative state......kind of a twilight zone..... as it simply does not compute. )

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: RELEASE JOSE PADILLA!

Cosmo said:

You are comparing some small time regulations with the stripping of fundamental rights though Cosmo...there is no comparison...

We are not at the point where our government has the power to detain any Canadian citizen indefinitely, with not so much as charges being laid...that is what's happening in the US right now...the President has that power...

The US Constitution has been shredded by these neo-fascist bastards...

Let's just hope that the same doesn't happen here... :?

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

Ocean ... I agree completely. In my more paranoid moments I suspect that what we see is like an iceburg ... just the little bit floating on top but what we can't see is enormous.

Gotta agree again with your reaction to it. Pretty much sums up mine ... hard to wrap my mind around an entire country voting that buffoon back in. I was shocked when it happened.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
While I agree he should have a trial and has that right. One must remember that he has...in the past...proven to be nothing more than a violent street thug.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
And further to that, a precedent has now been set, that the Executive branch can detain anyone without cause indefinitely...

...Padilla could very well be a habitual criminal, in league with terrorists, but until evidence has been produced to support these allegations, he should be presumed innocent...

...and if the government doesn't have the evidence to take the matter to trial, then he should be set free...

...those are the laws of free nations, and they are incontrovertable, and non-negotiable...

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
...those are the laws of free nations, and they are incontrovertable, and non-negotiable...

indeed, but the US/R is NOT a "free" nation any longer. (whether the peoples wish to admit it to themselves or not) Bush changed all that. He defines "freedom" in a totally different way. ........... and only if it fits his agenda. What is really sad......is that bush is not free in the nation he um..."leads"??? . He can't go ANYWHERE with out massive protection and security now. ( suppose for a while this might make him feel important........but it has to wear thin after a while )

what is critically important is that "we" the people of CAnada never allow our gov't gain that much power/control. AND keep a close eye on the US meddling in OUR region where it is not wanted or asked for.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Ocean Breeze said:
what is critically important is that "we" the people of CAnada never allow our gov't gain that much power/control. AND keep a close eye on the US meddling in OUR region where it is not wanted or asked for.

How long will it be Ocean Breeze, how long do we have before the US compels our government to suspend our liberties in the interest of the Pan-American security perimeter...

How do you propose we stop our government from doing this, when the pinnacle of freedom and democracy has not been able to stop their government from taking from them what their grandfathers fought to defend???

Goddammit, when is the right time to act???

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
Ocean Breeze said:

How long will it be Ocean Breeze, how long do we have before the US compels our government to suspend our liberties in the interest of the Pan-American security perimeter...

How do you propose we stop our government from doing this, when the pinnacle of freedom and democracy has not been able to stop their government from taking from them what their grandfathers fought to defend???

Goddammit, when is the right time to act???

Honest vanni.........I just don't know.... But one can hope we are alert to the pesky signs ........and become vocal about it. Canada must continue to be able to say NO to the US....and sure there will be crap to take when it does...... but allowing them to run inroads .....is just not an option.

( it is bloody frightening..... to consider the lengths the US will go now for "security"....... (in name only) while gathering more power on this planet. )...........I would rather live with the possibility of a terror attack..........then live with what the USR is doing now......and just might do in the coming months. The USR is more frighening than any terror group could ever hope to be.