Pressure to close Guantánamo grows

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Pressure to close Gua

The Republicans are starting to turn on their own. It's very interesting when somebody of Hagel's rank starts speaking out against the administration. It shows that the Bush regime is losing the confidence of its most powerful supporters.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Pressure to close Gua

Reverend Blair said:
The Republicans are starting to turn on their own. It's very interesting when somebody of Hagel's rank starts speaking out against the administration. It shows that the Bush regime is losing the confidence of its most powerful supporters.

That is a very accurate statement. They're losing across the board.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Pressure to close Gua

Of course they have no plans to close it, or even to rein in their torture squads. This administration has yet to admit a mistake. That will hurt them in the mid-term elections though, and with powerful Republicans speaking out against them the Bush regime can be crippled.

A crippled presidency is vulnerable to impeachment and the impeachment movement has been growing.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Pressure to close Gua

Reverend Blair said:
A crippled presidency is vulnerable to impeachment and the impeachment movement has been growing.

An impeachment does not necessarily mean removal from office. It would require Senate votes.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
They said this about Abraham Lincoln's abrogation of habeus corpus and whether that was germane to security is a case by case debate.

We have no idea who the prisoners are, no idea what we've really done to them, no idea what they were capable of doing with or without the Gitmo experience.

We know da nada.

But all we know is we don't like what we know.

And all I know is I'm calling her up in a few minutes after I take a shower.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: Pressure to close Guantánamo grows

jimmoyer said:
They said this about Abraham Lincoln's abrogation of habeus corpus and whether that was germane to security is a case by case debate.

We have no idea who the prisoners are, no idea what we've really done to them, no idea what they were capable of doing with or without the Gitmo experience.

We know da nada.

Can I join you after the shower when she comes in? :wink:

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: Pressure to close Guantánamo grows

jimmoyer said:

We know da nada.

Can I join you after the shower when she comes in? :wink: