American Priorities

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
"News organizations from more than 30 countries are here."

The salacious details are selling newspapers in Britain, where Jackson has a large fan base.

"People in Japan are interested in the King of Pop, but they also want to know how the jury will treat celebrities,"

What are those priorities again?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
No I get it, I'm afraid I can't say the same for either one of you - ITN

You can't say the same for either of us because we get it. It is clear.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: American Priorities

moghrabi said:
No I get it, I'm afraid I can't say the same for either one of you - ITN

You can't say the same for either of us because we get it. It is clear.

And the 6 million Arab muslims in the US get it also ;)

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Oh yes they get it. Their only problem poor guys is that they have to deal with you all day long.

Do you want the 6 million Muslims out? if yes just ask. Then we cry antisemitic as some group might do.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
Oh yes they get it. Their only problem poor guys is that they have to deal with you all day long.

Do you want the 6 million Muslims out? if yes just ask. Then we cry antisemitic as some group might do.

Cheap personal shots eh mog? Thats ok. This morning I'm going to get a haircut, my barber is from Iran. I'll tell him a fellow muslim told me you have to deal with the likes of me all day.

He'll laugh, and say, that's what I used to think before I came here.

I don't what the 6 million muslims out, this isn't France, thankfully.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Los Angeles - An enterprising celebrity spotter is offering fans the chance to buy a jar of fresh air allegedly breathed by stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - for a mere $15 000.

"Be the first to own this jar of Celebrity air, which may contain air molecules that came in direct contact with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!!," read the seller's announcement on online auctioneer eBay.

Some 53 bidders had pushed the price of the jar to $15 099 dollars by late Friday after it went on sale with a starting bid of just $9.99.

As proof of its provenance, bidders are offered 13 pictures of the celebrity air being scooped up as Pitt and Jolie sashayed down the red carpet at Tuesday's premiere of their new film Mr and Mrs Smith.

"We are not guaranteeing this air sample contains air molecules that came in contact with any celebrity epidermal layer or respiratory system, but the sample was captured in proximity of the celebrities and air molecules that did come in direct contact," the seller said on eBay.

Selling celebrity memorabilia online has become a major industry in recent years, but most of the items offered for sale are somewhat more substantial than jars of air.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

moghrabi said:
Los Angeles - An enterprising celebrity spotter is offering fans the chance to buy a jar of fresh air allegedly breathed by stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - for a mere $15 000.

"Be the first to own this jar of Celebrity air, which may contain air molecules that came in direct contact with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!!," read the seller's announcement on online auctioneer eBay.

Some 53 bidders had pushed the price of the jar to $15 099 dollars by late Friday after it went on sale with a starting bid of just $9.99.

As proof of its provenance, bidders are offered 13 pictures of the celebrity air being scooped up as Pitt and Jolie sashayed down the red carpet at Tuesday's premiere of their new film Mr and Mrs Smith.

"We are not guaranteeing this air sample contains air molecules that came in contact with any celebrity epidermal layer or respiratory system, but the sample was captured in proximity of the celebrities and air molecules that did come in direct contact," the seller said on eBay.

Selling celebrity memorabilia online has become a major industry in recent years, but most of the items offered for sale are somewhat more substantial than jars of air.

Anyone who could spend $15 099 on a empty jar only re-enforces the old adage, A fool and his money are soon parted and of course would deserve to lose their money if they're that stupid.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It's the inevitable outcome of the consumer society, Mog. Look around most houses and you will find many, many things that are as useless as that jar of air. In my own house we have several shelves of knick knacks that serve no purpose other than to collect dust, for instance.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
If they are fools and they are, then let the money go awayyyyyyyyy.

Hey on monday, they will reinvest in the stock market in NYC with a bogus company and make it back.