Turning Point On the War?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
This past week, widely scattered newspaper editorialists roused themselves from seeming acceptance of the continuing slaughter in Iraq to voice, for the first time in many cases, outright condemnation of the war.

(June 06, 2005) -- Suddenly there seems to be something in the air -- the smell of death? Or something in the water -- blood? In any case, this past week, widely scattered newspaper editorialists roused themselves from seeming acceptance of the continuing slaughter in Iraq to voice, for the first time in many cases, outright condemnation of the war.

While still refusing to use the "W" word in offering advice to Dubya -- that is, "withdrawal" -- some at least are finally using the "L" word, for lies.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/pressingissues_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000946738

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=12357&s2=07

horrors (US style) upon horrors..

about whether the media will start using the L word more now......or the "I" word... (investigate......or impeach), remains to be seen.

one can only HOPE.

Not sure what it will take to bring the Americans out of their "war induced -hypnotized" state. (or coma ......take your pick)

One thing we can be sure of: More LIES. aka disinformation, excuses and DISMISSALS. ( that infamous "shrug." as if it is just so irrelevant )

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
http://www.uruknet.info/?s1=1&p=12356&s2=07

coporate media DOES hide the realities of the war from the US population.

hmm. given the popularity of reality TV now.....seems that the Iraq invasion would have been a prime topic. (live feeds coming in from the front lines. Lots of destruction, bombings, etc... )

Harris 4 PM

Jun 6, 2005
moghrabi said:
This past week, widely scattered newspaper editorialists roused themselves from seeming acceptance of the continuing slaughter in Iraq to voice, for the first time in many cases, outright condemnation of the war.

(June 06, 2005) -- Suddenly there seems to be something in the air -- the smell of death? Or something in the water -- blood? In any case, this past week, widely scattered newspaper editorialists roused themselves from seeming acceptance of the continuing slaughter in Iraq to voice, for the first time in many cases, outright condemnation of the war.

While still refusing to use the "W" word in offering advice to Dubya -- that is, "withdrawal" -- some at least are finally using the "L" word, for lies.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/pressingissues_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000946738

You kidding bro? All I hear is the L word about the war in Iraq....

Whether you question the logic of the war or not though, what good would a withdrawl do? I wouldn't bet much time of the life of an Iraqi democracy, making the US effort seem even more pointless at home that before.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
mrmom2 said:
Eagle have a read of this :( It's not exactly good news for US forces in Iraq

I read it but I also look at the source. Newsweek was the mag that ran to the printing press with bum scoop on the flushing of the Koran and caused the deaths of even more people. And they joked about it the following Monday. They even went as far as to say...

"It wasn't our fault that people rioted and some were killed."

Some media outlets show a complete lack of responsibility.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
mrmom: good article. thanks. Gives a better idea of the reality there.

Don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have the facts, no matter how damaging they are, then the spin concocted and distributed via the US media. When one has the facts, one is better able to see reasonable solutions..... . as well as assess whether these are being acted on.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: Turning Point On the War?

Ocean Breeze said:

Don't know about anyone else, but I would rather have the facts, no matter how damaging they are, then the spin concocted and distributed via the US media. When one has the facts, one is better able to see reasonable solutions..... . as well as assess whether these are being acted on.

It was an opinion column as well. This was one man's perception of how things are.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
That is true Eagle but the fact remains this guy was there as a reporter and reported what he saw no spin involved :wink:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am sure I could dig up an opinion column that says the opposite.

People are tired of the destruction and the killing. We just can't cut and run now.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: Turning Point On the War?

EagleSmack said:
Ocean Breeze said:

It was an opinion column as well. This was one man's perception of how things are.

You are in total denial of facts Eaglesmack. You seem to me to be a crow rather than an Eagle.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey Mog... do us all a favor and keep posting your jibberish links instead of speaking.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
You call my links jibberish because they expose your goverment brutality? I will speak and post at any time of my choosing with or without your permission.