Mark Morford: 'Bush, the spoiled man-child'

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
What causes the fall of empires? Why, stubborn leaders who speak like toddlers and never admit mistakes

By Mark Morford, San Francisco Chronicle

Know what real men do? They admit their mistakes. Know what real people do in times of great stress and strife and economic downturn? They seek help, understand they don't know all the answers, realize they might not've been asking the right questions in the first place.

cont...

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=21374&mode=nested&order=0

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
thanks for the link. good stuff.

quote from article:

"This is the appalling thing, still. How can this man remain so blindly, staggeringly resolute? How can he be so appallingly ignorant of fact, of truth, of evidence, of deep thought? In short, what the hell is wrong with George W. Bush?"

hmm. there lies the big question.Apart from the glib descriptions we read about him. the jokes, etc......seems the problem might be a bit more serious . One might take a look at him from a psychological perspective . He is and has been dysfunctional most of his life. He has avoided any challenging situations and has been bailed out of more. His addiction history indicates that there is a personality disorder , and one with excessive dependancy needs. (be it on drugs, alcohol, his wife, his parents (to bail him out) and now the one that has replaced his substance abuse: "religion". Given this basic profile, he is an inadequate personality disorder, but one where money and the right connections have paved his way in life........to the point he got himself into a very responsible job. The reality is that he is ineffectual, as a leader, (simplistic phrases , language and repetative words indicate that ) but is also a very controlling person. He wants to control everything, : the media, the population and even the world.....and will stop at nothing to do so.

What he is NOT able to handle is any constructive negative feedback......so he is surrounded by yes men......and is protected from most of the negative information. Or he simply rationalizes it away. ( dismisses it too).......which is seen as arrogance. Insecurity shows itself in such arrogance.

He is not able to handle spontaneous questions from an audience........so his audience is very controlled and in line with his thinking.

When one listens to him......(with or without a script or teleprompter) one gets the impression of a burnt out drug/alcohol addict........where the thinking has narrowed down to simplistic terms.....but they are still struggling for control.

The reality is that people like this .....in powerful positions have done much damage in history before. Be it Napoleon, or Hitler ( who was a manic depressive) and many others.

Bush is a con artist, a manipulator , who tries to engratiate people to win them over....but cannot be trusted. This manipulative conduct is very much part of the "alcoholic/drug dependant personality disorder too .

One can appropriately presume that it is the "presidents men" around him that are pulling the strings.

Just some idle thoughts on this.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Thank you for your thoughts. These are not idle thoughts at all but rather the thoughts of truth. Maybe Jim can answer some of the questions you posed since he is attacking me personally and calling me a terrorist advocate.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Mark Morford: 'Bush, the spoiled man-child'

moghrabi said:
Thank you for your thoughts. These are not idle thoughts at all but rather the thoughts of truth. Maybe Jim can answer some of the questions you posed since he is attacking me personally and calling me a terrorist advocate.

"terrorist advocate"????? What kind of nonsense is that???

(let me guess, : it would fit the frame of "with us or against us".......per the bible of bush. )

sheesh. ( this is one of the reasons I got so fed up with the US discussion board I was on. There is so much labelling, branding and name calling, one can hardly get to the points. There is no reasoning with this kind of mindlock. "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts"..... in this limited programmed robotic response. Quite sad ,really .)

an aside , but relevant: most of those that name call, or brand , do so when they are faced with truths they don't want to acknowledge. All that happens is that they lose respect.

something from 60minutes tonight:

" was on "60 Minutes", tonight. Only 4 of the 500+ prisoners have been charged with anything; NO "tribunals", trials or hearings have been held yet; the JAG lawyers assigned to represent prisoners say they are being prevented from preparing or presenting an adequate defense because of the Bush administration's protocols/edicts; that the prisoners they represent cannot and will not get fair trials; that Bush himself gets to decide who will be executed; that even if exonerated, the prisoner will be returned to his cell in Gitmo, to await the end of the "war on terrorism," which Bush, himself, says will last for decades. "

It would certainly be in bush's best interest to keep the "war " on terror alive for a long time. He can then do other things that further his agenda , under the guise of "war on T."

a tad scary to consider how far bush would go, to "adapt" (er break) the law to maintain control as he wishes.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
He really does not provide one source of fact. He babbles on and on and on and then puts the blame on the other guy.

As for Bush war on terror, he will create another climate of fear for the American public so he could go on to invade Iran and Syria to protect the little country that has more nuclear weapons than North Korea 100 fold and in contempt of tens on UN resolutions.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Ocean Breeze said:
" was on "60 Minutes", tonight. Only 4 of the 500+ prisoners have been charged with anything; NO "tribunals", trials or hearings have been held yet; the JAG lawyers assigned to represent prisoners say they are being prevented from preparing or presenting an adequate defense because of the Bush administration's protocols/edicts; that the prisoners they represent cannot and will not get fair trials; that Bush himself gets to decide who will be executed; that even if exonerated, the prisoner will be returned to his cell in Gitmo, to await the end of the "war on terrorism," which Bush, himself, says will last for decades. "

Pretty interesting since "we're not told everything" and the media is controlled by Bush, eh?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:

Pretty interesting since "we're not told everything" and the media is controlled by Bush, eh?

the excerpt from 60 minutes is hardly "being told everything". Every now and then there is a documentary that does present more facts. The critical question is: What are people DOING with the information??? Seems there is a passive acceptance in many. Do they not CARE??? How is the conduct "tolerated" so effortlessly??? A puzzlement. America has a new "Image" now. And given the fact that no one in America is objecting, one has to assume it is just fine by them. A curious dynamic has evolved. Yet , there seems to be some defensive "posturing".

Key question: How can the US population "defend" the actions of their gov't ......that the whole world sees as destructive, and quite dysfunctional??? Is this what blind "patriotism" does to people???