The Problem With Dubya

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The Problem With Dubya
June 1, 2005, 12:29 pm

A recent American reporter asked "why does the rest of the world hate George Bush so much?" Its a fair question and I thought I`d answer it from my perspective being a non-American.

I abhor George Bush`s need for affirmation at any cost. He doesn`t make policy based on what is good for anyone, he makes policy based on what makes him feel good.

I am nauseated everytime I see his smirking face joking about not being able to find WMDS, meanwhile 1750 US troops have died in an attempt to protect their country from the threat posed by those non existent WMDS.

It disgusts me that he will stand in front of a global TV audience preaching about the Culture of Life whilst at the same time he is directly responsible for the deaths of 1750 US troops and over 100,000 Iraqis.

I loathe what he has allowed to be done to the US troops. I get emails from punters of mine who have served in Iraq, asking me how can I be so anti-military. I point to blogs of mine where it is obviously apparent I think that people who serve are the bravest and noblest men and women in the world. I point out that the anti-war people are not anti-military, they are simply trying to defend the military and stop the needless loss of life for a war that never needed to be fought.

I detest how George Bush has allowed the name of God to be hijacked by the radical right to force through extremist judges and even more extreme social policies, whilst at the same time accusing people like me who disagree with them of being "un-christian".

I am contemptuous of the hypocrisy in the fact that he is happy to send 1750 American troops off to die for the the vitally important cause of spreading "freedom and democracy", whilst at the same time his daughters are unemployed.

I despise his abuse of 911 and the deaths of over 3000 people and turning a great human tragedy into a political propaganda tool for his party.

I am sickened when he tells people "God speaks to him", Jesus said God is Love, Bush`s God preaches death and destruction.

I abhor his abuse of the environment, his willful and complicit neglect in his allowance of his industry financiers to rape the earth of its natural resources in pursuit of profit.

I am sickened by his arrogance and lack of respect for other human beings.

I detest how he is destroying any hope of a happy future for the next generations through incomptance, cowardness, and dishonesty.

I abhor his stupidity, his lack of knowledge, his lack of education into matters that the president of the United States should be educated in, and the fact that he doesn`t care.Being proud of being ignorant is not something I can feel any type of positive emotion for.

It disgust me that he will use any human suffering, be it for example, the deaths of 3000 people on 911 or the deaths of 1750 US troops to further his quest for power and money.

I am nauseated at how he has deliberately divided a great nation using tactics of fear and intimidation. I am repulsed at how he can use terror tactics to scare the very people he is supposed to protect into sacrificing their own.

Most importantly what I despise is George Bush`s role in the destruction of my perceptions about America. America was the great social experiment that gave the world hope that there was a better way. American music of the 60s and 90s inspired and continues to inspire artists globally. American people were an inspiration, be it their incredible generosity in times of crisis or their sacrifice of their own in World War 2 so Europe could be free. I grew up on images of the great American uprisings against segregation, injustice and discrimination. These movements of the 60s inspired ordinary people around the world to stand up and be counted. America, home of the brave, land of the free. George Bush represents a complete betrayal of everything America is supposed to stand for. The American Dream became our dream too and George Bush has shattered this dream.

More importantly, where is the anger? Where is the outcry that 1750 US troops have died for a lie? Where is the outcry that their deaths are hidden and their sacrifices disrespected? Where is the outcry that over 15,000 US troops have been maimed for a lie? Where are the protests? What about the sacrifices of the nearly 300,000 US troops who died in WW2, so that freedom may prevail? George Bush insults their sacrifice and still there is no protest. We thought America stood for Freedom and Democracy and the American people would fight to the death to protect it. Instead they sacrifice their sons and daughters so that tyranny may prevail. And there is no protest. There is no anger.

That is why people detest George Bush, because he abuses his position as president and allows the insidious cancer of tyranny to destroy America, a beacon of light for so many years for the rest of the world, and in doing so makes us question a basic foundation of our beliefs, that is if the American People don`t want to fight for their country, what the hell have we been dreaming about?

But do I hate George Bush? No, I have no time for hate, and even if I did, I wouldn`t waste such a powerful emotion on an insignificant non-entity like George Bush..

Peace
http://www.djpauledge.com/blog.php?id=88

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I am already been labeled everything from anti-american to anti-zionist to .......etc...

Article is good.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
This is the problem with Dubya in a nutshell :x

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"More importantly, where is the anger? Where is the outcry that 1750 US troops have died for a lie? Where is the outcry that their deaths are hidden and their sacrifices disrespected? Where is the outcry that over 15,000 US troops have been maimed for a lie? Where are the protests? What about the sacrifices of the nearly 300,000 US troops who died in WW2, so that freedom may prevail? George Bush insults their sacrifice and still there is no protest. We thought America stood for Freedom and Democracy and the American people would fight to the death to protect it. Instead they sacrifice their sons and daughters so that tyranny may prevail. And there is no protest. There is no anger. "

I think some people are forgetting the impact 9/11 has had on the American people.

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm
RE: The Problem With Duby

It isn't well-known in the US though. The Bush Administration still strives to mention terrorism and Iraq in the same sentence. The US press seldom corrects them.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Great article , Moghrabi.

I like how he tackled the christian aspect of it. It's odd that G.B says he's christian and then proceeds to commit almost all of the deadly sins......in the open.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: The Problem With Dubya

moghrabi said:
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. It is a well-known FACT.

That doesn't negate the "impact" it had.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
there is a 9/11 almost daily in different countries. How come we don't hear about the impact on their people. Or is America too special to inflict on others what it does not want to be inflicted on it.

The Philosopher

Nominee Member
Re: RE: The Problem With Duby

Derry McKinney said:
It isn't well-known in the US though. The Bush Administration still strives to mention terrorism and Iraq in the same sentence. The US press seldom corrects them.

9/11 and Iraq are not linked, but terrorism and Iraq are. Two reasons. First off, Iraq funded a program to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. Some felt this was paying suicide bombers to do it, which is what Palestinians were told. The second connection is that before the war he let Osama bin Laden's third hand man, Zawakarwi, into Iraq and has still maintained an insurgence against America using the same tactics terrorists use, because as of a week ago they moved from being insurgents to terrorists with the assasination of a governor.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: The Problem With Dubya

moghrabi said:
there is a 9/11 almost daily in different countries. How come we don't hear about the impact on their people. Or is America too special to inflict on others what it does not want to be inflicted on it.

I'm simply offering a reason as to why Americans aren’t up in arms over all of this.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

9/11 and Iraq are not linked, but terrorism and Iraq are

Yeah and Terrorism and the US are also linked in much the same way. The difference being..........

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
moghrabi said:
The Problem With Dubya
June 1, 2005, 12:29 pm

A recent American reporter asked "why does the rest of the world hate George Bush so much?" Its a fair question and I thought I`d answer it from my perspective being a non-American.

Vancouver must be very ashamed of you. Sitting there on your bean bag chair, pumping out vitrol against one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Yes, I know him, and since your tagline shouts UNDERSTANDING - get some.

I abhor George Bush`s need for affirmation at any cost. He doesn`t make policy based on what is good for anyone, he makes policy based on what makes him feel good.

George Bush was governor of my state for a LONG time before he was president of the United States, and we all had an opportunity to see what he could do. We talk slowly in the South, but we are NOT dumb. Not everyone is a great public speaker, nor should that be the single primary requirement for a leader. My IQ is 163, what's yours? I wouldn't make a good president though. Why don't you get a job in LA as an actor on Days of our Lives to work out that angst - you have the looks if your picture is accurate.

I am nauseated everytime I see his smirking face joking about not being able to find WMDS, meanwhile 1750 US troops have died in an attempt to protect their country from the threat posed by those non existent WMDS.

WMD. WMD. Is that the only thing you can talk about? You must take what has happened within the entire context of 9/11. You can say it is a fact that the Iraq War and 9/11 are not related, but it is ultra-untrue. A fact is something that everyone agrees is true. We do not agree this is true. George Bush and this country were deeply hurt and psychologically traumatized by 9/11. We required payback. When we were unable to find bin Laden, a general war on terrorism was declared and George went after the next man on the list - Saddamie. We found him wormed away in a dirt hole like the weasel that he was. Know what - it was a victory nonetheless. A victory we needed. We understand that, and obviously you do not.
It disgusts me that he will stand in front of a global TV audience preaching about the Culture of Life whilst at the same time he is directly responsible for the deaths of 1750 US troops and over 100,000 Iraqis.

Oh God. The Iraqis suicide bombers have killed more of their own than the US. What is the matter with a country that treats its women the way they do? What is the matter with a suicide bomber who believes he will be rewarded with 7 virgins for killing himself? Answer me that.
I loathe what he has allowed to be done to the US troops. I get emails from punters of mine who have served in Iraq, asking me how can I be so anti-military. I point to blogs of mine where it is obviously apparent I think that people who serve are the bravest and noblest men and women in the world. I point out that the anti-war people are not anti-military, they are simply trying to defend the military and stop the needless loss of life for a war that never needed to be fought.

This is not your decision. Nor have the citizens in Canada been asked to contribute one red dime to this war. You have already been labeled pussies in the minds of the Americans because you don't have a military that could scare a hedgehog. Plus you refused to help in the Iraq war - scared? You better believe it, or your wouldn't be raising such a stink trying to distract from your cowardice.

I detest how George Bush has allowed the name of God to be hijacked by the radical right to force through extremist judges and even more extreme social policies, whilst at the same time accusing people like me who disagree with them of being "un-christian".

I do not believe this for one minute. More stink to cover the chicken-sh*t.
I am contemptuous of the hypocrisy in the fact that he is happy to send 1750 American troops off to die for the the vitally important cause of spreading "freedom and democracy", whilst at the same time his daughters are unemployed.

Boy, you really had to dig deep for that one. Must be out of material, huh? Unemployed daughters? You cannot possibly have a job and spew out this utter filth in the quantity that you do.
No one asked Canada to provide for their upkeep; therefore, you are not entitled to criticize

I despise his abuse of 911 and the deaths of over 3000 people and turning a great human tragedy into a political propaganda tool for his party.

It is not a propaganda tool. I think you should get the mirror out and look for that mote in your own eye, Bubba.

I am sickened when he tells people "God speaks to him", Jesus said God is Love, Bush`s God preaches death and destruction.

Take some Pepto and get over it. Everyone in this country is entitled to believe what they choose because that's why we broke away from England in the beginning. Or, did you not realize that?
It is none of your business.

I abhor his abuse of the environment, his willful and complicit neglect in his allowance of his industry financiers to rape the earth of its natural resources in pursuit of profit.

I am sickened by his arrogance and lack of respect for other human beings.

LIE, LIE, LIE - have you ever looked into his eyes in person? Have you ever shaken his hand? He is warm, friendly, caring, and doing the best he can. You don't know what you are talking about from that safe perch oh so far away - OH, I forget, we have you surrounded. OH, and we outnumber you.

I detest how he is destroying any hope of a happy future for the next generations through incomptance, cowardness, and dishonesty.

We do not feel that way. And we do not need your sympathy.
As usual, we will get through this on our own. I may not live long enough, but I believe we will get YOU. We found Russia, our old arch enemy, knocking on our door for food. All we did was sell them some jeans and pump a little rock 'n roll through West Berlin and Russia caved. You will cave. You are already half way there.

I abhor his stupidity, his lack of knowledge, his lack of education into matters that the president of the United States should be educated in, and the fact that he doesn`t care.Being proud of being ignorant is not something I can feel any type of positive emotion for.

I repeat - he is not stupid. He has the southern accent, and yes, he has put his foot in his mouth, but haven't we all? He does care.
His whole family cares. You have no way of knowing that he does not care - I do.

It disgust me that he will use any human suffering, be it for example, the deaths of 3000 people on 911 or the deaths of 1750 US troops to further his quest for power and money.

Repeat. Repeat. No content here.

I am nauseated at how he has deliberately divided a great nation using tactics of fear and intimidation. I am repulsed at how he can use terror tactics to scare the very people he is supposed to protect into sacrificing their own.

Is that Pepto working yet? Don't carry on so ridiculously. What makes you think we are divided? We always have disagreement, but Canada wouldn't know squat about that, would they? How is it that both parties asked your government to resign just a week or so ago? Trouble on the home front?
Most importantly what I despise is George Bush`s role in the destruction of my perceptions about America. America was the great social experiment that gave the world hope that there was a better way. American music of the 60s and 90s inspired and continues to inspire artists globally. American people were an inspiration, be it their incredible generosity in times of crisis or their sacrifice of their own in World War 2 so Europe could be free. I grew up on images of the great American uprisings against segregation, injustice and discrimination. These movements of the 60s inspired ordinary people around the world to stand up and be counted. America, home of the brave, land of the free. George Bush represents a complete betrayal of everything America is supposed to stand for. The American Dream became our dream too and George Bush has shattered this dream.

Well, la-te-dah. America is still all of those things, and you are going to let one person you dislike destroy it? Get some perspective, guy.
More importantly, where is the anger? Where is the outcry that 1750 US troops have died for a lie? Where is the outcry that their deaths are hidden and their sacrifices disrespected? Where is the outcry that over 15,000 US troops have been maimed for a lie? Where are the protests? What about the sacrifices of the nearly 300,000 US troops who died in WW2, so that freedom may prevail? George Bush insults their sacrifice and still there is no protest. We thought America stood for Freedom and Democracy and the American people would fight to the death to protect it. Instead they sacrifice their sons and daughters so that tyranny may prevail. And there is no protest. There is no anger.

Uh, you have that backwards, son. The part about sacrificing our sons and daughter so that tyranny may prevail. Total bullshit.
The young men and women who go to Iraqi go there willingly.
I notice Canadians are hiding under their beds. For shame.

That is why people detest George Bush, because he abuses his position as president and allows the insidious cancer of tyranny to destroy America, a beacon of light for so many years for the rest of the world, and in doing so makes us question a basic foundation of our beliefs, that is if the American People don`t want to fight for their country, what the hell have we been dreaming about?

But do I hate George Bush? No, I have no time for hate, and even if I did, I wouldn`t waste such a powerful emotion on an insignificant non-entity like George Bush..

Well, little boy, you sure had a lot of time to waste on this useless tirade which is none of your business. You are the insignificant non-entity here.

Uncle

Peace
http://www.djpauledge.com/blog.php?id=88