Terrorist Caught in US.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Terrorist Caught in U

And I said what about my constitutional rights? And they said 'not at this point ... you don't have any'."

This is the most horrific combination of words I've read in a long time. I think that the screeners may have felt the power of being a renta cop.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Terrorist Caught in U

Twila said:
And I said what about my constitutional rights? And they said 'not at this point ... you don't have any'."

This is the most horrific combination of words I've read in a long time. I think that the screeners may have felt the power of being a renta cop.

I'd sue their asses all the way to the 9th circuit court.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

But what about this "new" and improved patriot act they're trying to push now? Sueing may be a bit more difficult if it gets through. They seem to want to cover their asses on this one.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Do you have a link with the information of the new Patriot Act, Jo?

I'd have to dig them up. I was reading a couple of articles on it a few days ago, but I didn't think anything of it. If the calls slow down I may have a chance to sniff them out again.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Jo Canadian said:

I'd have to dig them up. I was reading a couple of articles on it a few days ago, but I didn't think anything of it. If the calls slow down I may have a chance to sniff them out again.

That's cool...no hurry on it, but if you can find something, I'd be interested in reading it...all I can find are references to the existing Acts...

Derry McKinney

Electoral Member
May 21, 2005
The Owl Farm
RE: Terrorist Caught in U

The ACLU has been fighting the Patriot act since before it became law. The Bushites just keep pushing their fascist agenda and violating human rights at every turn. They have a herd of apologists who will not tolerate any criticism of US policy, so they get away with it.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Derry McKinney said:
The ACLU has been fighting the Patriot act since before it became law. The Bushites just keep pushing their fascist agenda and violating human rights at every turn. They have a herd of apologists who will not tolerate any criticism of US policy, so they get away with it.

Thats not accurate, the ACLU was the organization that insisted the patriot act expires (at least certain clauses) after a certain time, because of the rush to get into law.

The ACLU has done just fine for a very long time.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

I think not said:
Twila said:

That was the first thing that came to my mind also. I think we think alike.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
She says screeners refused to give her paperwork or documentation of her violation, documentation of the pending fine, or a copy of the photograph of the knife.

This seems to be the sum total of the violation of her constitional rights. Just because some richardhead airport guard made a stupid comment doesn't mean anything. It's not like she was roughed up and strip searched.

If she doesn't get documentation of the pending fine, I would think it very likely that she won't have to pay it.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

Jay said:
I think not said:
Twila said:

That was the first thing that came to my mind also. I think we think alike.

Despite the generation gap Jay? :p

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Vanni Fucci said:

Hey, I found this while checking things out.

'Secret' Senate meeting on Patriot Act

In a move that could expand the police powers in the Patriot Act, the Senate Intelligence Committee will meet behind close doors to discuss, among other things, "a little-discussed provision to enlarge the FBI's ability to wiretap people who it suspects are national security threats." The bill they will discuss is called the Patriot Reauthorization Act (PAREA)

No Sir.... I don't like it.