REAL I.D. Act Passes

snoproblem

Nominee Member
Mar 18, 2005
God it's like those WWII movies;

"Show us...your papers."

"Whaat? No papers! Guards! Arrest these two! Schnell!"

Welcome to the Police States of America.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
If they have it, we'll get it too, Mr. Mom. About half the Liberal Party and most of the Conservatives supported internal ID's with biometric data on them when the issue first came up...that was when Chretien was PM.

My motto is to let 'em laugh, el Polaco. Later when you can say, "I told you so," it makes them squirm.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
It's by no means a done deal here yet Rev.Theres way more opposition to it here thats why they have only trotted out the idea a couple of times.If they try they're going to get quite the fight from this guy :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
There is more opposition, but whether that will be effective next time around is questionable. There was a lot of opposition, and more vocal opposition, against the rights-raping terrorist bill, and that went through.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Well were going to have our work cut out for us then :wink: We'll just have to make sure we get the word out and get people to contact there MP's :wink:We've got a pretty good network of people right here to start 8)

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I agree Rev This is not a right or left issue it's a freedom issue plain and simple :wink: This stuff is the beggining of the end freedom if it passes .Its the start of the high tech police state 8O

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
Good god, I feel sorry for anybody who lives down there right now.

Bush and his buddies are slowly but surely destroying "freedom" down there.

We must not allow that here.

One more reason to oppose Stephen Harper and his goons.