Your thoughts on the future of Sino-Canadian relations?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Hmmm... Well, what can I say, other than, I LOVE CHINA! I think that sums it up nicely on my part, no bias of course. And what do you think?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Machjo said:
Hmmm... Well, what can I say, other than, I LOVE CHINA! I think that sums it up nicely on my part, no bias of course. And what do you think?

Is there anything you would like to discuss, specifically? Oil development maybe?

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I think China-Canada relations will improve over the years. Your economy is expanding like crazy, and we've got all kinds of natural resources you need. I worry about increasing nationalism/militarism though....

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Your thoughts on the future of Sino-Canadian relatio

MMMike said:
I worry about increasing nationalism/militarism though....

More interesting topic wouldn't you say? Didn't Japan test a nuke yesterday?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Jo Canadian said:

I believe it was North Korea...I read something that the states thinks it was tested underground but for the life of me I can't find where I read it now. However there's enough info that they are wanting to test something soon, on top of the recent missle test.

North Korea test fired missile toward Sea of Japan

N Korea warned over nuclear test

U.S. Aide Sees Nuclear Arms Advance by North Korea

Only the Americans need to Fear North Korea.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Only the Americans need to Fear North Korea.

They are the ones who would fear most...After all, the name calling continues. :lol:

N. Korea calls Bush a 'hooligan

I'd be worried if I were Japan too, or South Korea. My Sister spent two years teaching in SK and there's alot about "our Dear leader" that's really weird and scary. I could go into it...perhaps another time but I just got off work early and I'm not sticking around! :salute:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Jo Canadian said:

I believe it was North Korea...I read something that the states thinks it was tested underground but for the life of me I can't find where I read it now. However there's enough info that they are wanting to test something soon, on top of the recent missle test.

North Korea test fired missile toward Sea of Japan

N Korea warned over nuclear test

U.S. Aide Sees Nuclear Arms Advance by North Korea

Yeah, ok, the sea of Japan, not Japan. Got it.

Zoso

Apr 30, 2005
Montreal
China is poised to become the new super-power in the next decade or so, we better get on good terms soon and stay that way. However I am worried about some of the cover-ups the Chinese gvt' has pulled over the las few years (the AIDS/HIV taboo, the SARS and avian flu scare etc.). Also I really wish China could reign in North Korea, perhaps eventualy help reunite North and South.