Kids Starving In Iraq

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Yea he sure is .Starting them off real young isn't nice how this story has been totally ignored by mainstream media in the US

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The can't get out of their hotel rooms because of all the insurgents that George Bush has created. That and their editors and producers aren't allowed to piss the advertisers off.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
This proves all Georgie cares about is oil and finishing what his daddy could not. Why doesn't the American populace wake up to these atrocities "W" is committing.

You guys are also right, "W" is creating the next generation of so called "insurgants" and "terrorists".

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Read the facts, Crit. There are more kids starving now than there were under Saddam. There is less clean water, less medicine, less electricity. George has made things worse, not better.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
hun, there are children starving everywhere...open your eyes. I can find some around the corner-as you could too.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Yes, R.B., that's exactly what I'm saying.

No, really. There are bad things going on everywhere. It has always been that way, and it will always be that way. Sure a lot of people have a lot to say about it, but as in most things- people never really care enough to actaully shut there trap long enought to do anything about it.
P.S.
Making more starve.
More than likely they've been starving for a while...you just did not know about it.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
There are bad things going on everywhere.

Is that an excuse to accept them?

It has always been that way, and it will always be that way.

It doesn't have to be that way. Believing that it does makes it self-perpetuating.

More than likely they've been starving for a while...you just did not know about it.

Actually the same NGOs that were tracking it before are tracking it now. The invasion and ensuing insurgency has made it more difficult, raising the likelyhood that we know less about it now than we did before.

Just sit there and tell yourself everything is fine though. :roll:

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Read the facts, Crit. There are more kids starving now than there were under Saddam. There is less clean water, less medicine, less electricity. George has made things worse, not better.

First of all, there is still a war going on. There will always be more suffering during a war than when it's over.

Secondly, those numbers you are talking about are completely unverifiable. After all, Saddam received over 99% of the votes from the last Iraqi "free" election. Please don't refer me to any numbers the UN came up with either because every one knows that he had the UN in his back pocket.

Quote:

No, but when more children die in the Sudan per day than the 2 year Iraqi war combined, I would question peoples motives. Are they really lovers of children or US haters.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
First of all, there is still a war going on.

Nope, Georgie said it was over. You can't have it both ways, little buddy.

There will always be more suffering during a war than when it's over.

So the US was bombing Iraq throughout the entire "peace" period. Things are worse now. Dead babies are dead babies. Are you naking excuses or celebrating?

Secondly, those numbers you are talking about are completely unverifiable.

No, they are as verifiable as anything the US government has presented.

After all, Saddam received over 99% of the votes from the last Iraqi "free" election.

That has nothing to do with any of this. These are numbers that have no relation to Saddam. The fact that you would bring that up is either an ignorance of the facts or an attempt to deceive.

Please don't refer me to any numbers the UN came up with either because every one knows that he had the UN in his back pocket.
Bullshit, lies, intellectual cowardice, and strong bent towards moral terpitude. Deal in facts or don't deal, little buddy.

No, but when more children die in the Sudan per day than the 2 year Iraqi war combined, I would question peoples motives. Are they really lovers of children or US haters.

Maybe you should have a long, hard look at what the US has done in regard to Sudan before you end up looking like a dickless wonder again.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
crit13 said:
God knows there was never any trouble in Iraq before George got there.

How dare he disrupt their Utopian society.

Let's take a look at life in Iraq before the U.S. got involved in trade sanctions against the country. I'm sure you're just regurgitating Fox News propaganda. Never, ever, ever, the whole picture.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
The fact that you would bring that up is either an ignorance of the facts or an attempt to deceive

Bullshit, lies, intellectual cowardice, and strong bent towards moral terpitude. Deal in facts or don't deal, little buddy.

before you end up looking like a dickless wonder again.

Personal attacks, so I will choose to ignore you.

Let's take a look at life in Iraq before the U.S. got involved in trade sanctions against the country.

If you would like to start at the sanctions you can blame the UN. Every penny of the oil for food program was supposed to go the food and medicine.

Saddam built 5, Billion dollars palaces, bought tanks and other weapons for his army, cars for his followers, paid off politicians with hundreds of millions dollars in France, Russia and the UN.
The estimate of theft from the oil for food program is stated at a MINIMUM of 20 Billion dollars.

My question to you would be, how many children would have been saved if they had an extra 20 BILLION dollars to work with?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Blah! straving childern mean nothing to you, its just a tool to trash the UN. We all know the UN has some serious problems to solve. but at least they TRIED to do something. Sanctions do not work, only the people suffer. But I am sure you have a better idea, no doubt it will have something to do with your wallet. :roll:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Two questions, Crit.

1) How many would have dies without Oil for Food?

2) The US, as well as the rest of the Security Council, had complete oversight over every single transaction in Oil for Food. Why didn't they do anything? Why are they now trying put all blame on the UN?

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Reverend Blair said:

It has always been that way, and it will always be that way.

It doesn't have to be that way. Believing that it does makes it self-perpetuating.

Just sit there and tell yourself everything is fine though. :roll:

Dude, my above statement pretty much says that everything is not fine. I grew up in one of the poorest areas of the U.S. where people starve all the time and make do however they can- all the while people claiming to be compassionate to the poor make them the highlight of jokes and insults.