US Guilty of Starting Not One, but Three Illegal Wars

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/032105B.shtml

All three wars - Clinton/NATO's war in Yugoslavia, and Bush's wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to Canadian law professor Michael Mandel - were unlawful. None were undertaken in self-defense, or approved by the Security Council, the only two instances in which the United Nations Charter permits the use of armed force.

...when is the International community going to hold these clowns accountable???

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Vanni Fucci said:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/032105B.shtml

All three wars - Clinton/NATO's war in Yugoslavia, and Bush's wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to Canadian law professor Michael Mandel - were unlawful. None were undertaken in self-defense, or approved by the Security Council, the only two instances in which the United Nations Charter permits the use of armed force.

...when is the International community going to hold these clowns accountable???

Probably never. The victors always write history in their favour.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Andem said:
Probably never. The victors always write history in their favour.

I've said it before though Andem, that may have been true in the past, but with the global communications network that the average person has access to these days, it is far more difficult to keep people in the dark about the issues that the administration would like to keep hidden...

While history may still be written by the victor, there will be people all over the world that will challenge the official story, and keep asking questions...

However, in my opinion there have been far too many smoking guns for the international community to remain apathetic...the world needs to act to prevent further attrocities...

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: US Guilty of Starting

I don't think you'll see them on trial, Vanni. I do think that they will find that their influence is severely restricted in the future though. The international community is slowly going to shut them down...no cooperation, not much help when the US economy fails. People have had enough.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

That's just for the last two presidents, No 1. You have to go back to....lemmee see, George I had Iraq I, Reagan had the Contras...Carter was clean, I think. Before him there was Ford, who never had time to start an illegal war, then there was Nixon who never met a law, foreign or domestic, he didn't feel he was above. There was Johnson, who lied to officially start the illegal war in Vietnam. There was Kennedy who tried to illegally invade Cuba.

Really not a very good record there, is there? Do they load 'em up on PCP the second they walk into the White House or what?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
You guys would believe any war is illegal.

There is no sense is trying to debate with ppl who believe that.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: RE: US Guilty of Starting Not One, but Three Illegal War

Jay said:

Who's debating...there is no debate here...the US has, since the end of WWII been known to take unilateral action in violation of international accords to which they are party...

Being a member state of the UN carries with it certain obligations that the US has never taken very seriously, even though they signed off on them...

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com
Re: RE: US Guilty of Starting

Reverend Blair said:
That's just for the last two presidents, No 1. You have to go back to....lemmee see, George I had Iraq I, Reagan had the Contras...Carter was clean, I think. Before him there was Ford, who never had time to start an illegal war, then there was Nixon who never met a law, foreign or domestic, he didn't feel he was above. There was Johnson, who lied to officially start the illegal war in Vietnam. There was Kennedy who tried to illegally invade Cuba.

Really not a very good record there, is there? Do they load 'em up on PCP the second they walk into the White House or what?

...one could also include all the covert activity which financially and militarily overthrew governments since the end of WWII. OF course there was quite a bit of activity on the part of the usmc "trading post guards" in the teens and 20s...

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

There's a detailed list of them all someplace, El Polaco. When the details are included (through links) it makes up weeks, maybe months of reading.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Vanni Fucci said:
Jay said:

Who's debating...there is no debate here...the US has, since the end of WWII been known to take unilateral action in violation of international accords to which they are party...

Being a member state of the UN carries with it certain obligations that the US has never taken very seriously, even though they signed off on them...

I guess what I'm saying is I don't agree with the line of thinking this thread proposes. Trying to debate it wouldn't do any good, because no one here understands, and I get the impression that most believe any war is illegal.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I believe any war or covert action that contravenes international law is illegal, Jay. Since the US is not only a signatory to those laws, but helped to write many of them, I think that is a perfectly reasonable stance to take. There are no loo-holes in the Geneva Conventions that say, "Except if the USA does it," after all.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Look at who is making the money off these wars .Nine times out of ten its the presidents family or the cabinets familys.These wars are all about cash.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well they sure don't have anything to do with countries being invaded by Iraq, Planes flying into tall buildings, and genocide....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

What genocide? The one that Saddam tried to commit on the Kurds while Reagan covered his ass, or the one in Rwanda where the US (and France) blocked anything being done? How about he one that's going on in Sudan where UN action is being held up because the US doesn't want Sudanese officials tried at the ICC?

What countries was Iraq invading lately? None. His invasion of Kuwait was something he thought the US was allowing him to do. The US lied about Kuwaiti babies being dumped out of incubators and Iraqi troops amassing on the Saudi border to get countries to join their coalition.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Who said they weren't involved with slamming planes into the world trade towers?The goverment ?Do you believe everything they tell you Jay?I for one do not believe anything Georgey boy has to say about 911.Look whos making all the money!The Bin Ladens,the Bushes.The Cheneys,I could go on and on.The facts are what they are

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"What genocide? "

Think Clinton...

"His invasion of Kuwait was something he thought the US was allowing him to do."

What a tangled web we weave.

Personally I can't believe you support him, but we all have our leanings.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

mrmom2 said:
Who said they weren't involved with slamming planes into the world trade towers?The goverment ?Do you believe everything they tell you Jay?I for one do not believe anything Georgey boy has to say about 911.Look whos making all the money!The Bin Ladens,the Bushes.The Cheneys,I could go on and on.The facts are what they are

:? So you believe the USA did it to themselves?