Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
ARE CANADIAN PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS
HANDING OVER YOUR PERSONAL/MEDICAL
INFORMATION
TO CORPORATIONS?

Beginning at the B.C. Medical Plan Services web site: http://www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/msp/ which states:

"The Province is moving to modernize and improve the administration of MSP and PharmaCare, and to enhance the timeliness and quality of service to the public and health professionals. After a year-long procurement process, MAXIMUS BC has been selected to provide program management and information technology services to government. This will help to improve B.C.'s health benefits operations services, which include responding to public inquiries, registering clients, and processing medical and pharmaceutical claims from health professionals. Direct health care services to patients are not involved. Under the 10-year, $324 million contract, the operations will remain in Victoria. The valuable knowledge and experience of MSP and PharmaCare staff will now be combined through this arrangement with the best available technology and business processes. Privacy and security have been top priorities of this initiative."

(Editor's note: From the first pdf doc you'll assume that Maximus BC is a Canadian company. Sounds cute doesn't it, Maximus BC however is a subsidiary of an American Company out of Reston, Virginia - more on Maximus Inc. later).

http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/editorial/jan2005/01-14-05.html

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
INFORMATION
TO CORPORATIONS?

Beginning at the B.C. Medical Plan Services web site: http://www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/msp/ which states:

"The Province is moving to modernize and improve the administration of MSP and PharmaCare, and to enhance the timeliness and quality of service to the public and health professionals. After a year-long procurement process, MAXIMUS BC has been selected to provide program management and information technology services to government. This will help to improve B.C.'s health benefits operations services, which include responding to public inquiries, registering clients, and processing medical and pharmaceutical claims from health professionals. Direct health care services to patients are not involved. Under the 10-year, $324 million contract, the operations will remain in Victoria. The valuable knowledge and experience of MSP and PharmaCare staff will now be combined through this arrangement with the best available technology and business processes. Privacy and security have been top priorities of this initiative."

(Editor's note: From the first pdf doc you'll assume that Maximus BC is a Canadian company. Sounds cute doesn't it, Maximus BC however is a subsidiary of an American Company out of Reston, Virginia - more on Maximus Inc. later).

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
INFORMATION
TO CORPORATIONS?

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Re: ARE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS HANDING OVER YOUR PERSONAL/ME

I wouldn't doubt this one bit...after all, Lockheed Martin has been awarded a contract to conduct a test run of the Canadian census...and will probably process the information from the official 2006 Canadian census...

http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article.php?story=200310111707274

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the fact that an American Defense contractor will be handling my sensitive personal information is more than a little disconcerting...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

I wouldn't doubt this one bit...after all, Lockheed Martin has been awarded a contract to conduct a test run of the Canadian census...and will probably process the information from the official 2006 Canadian census...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds the fact that an American Defense contractor will be handling my sensitive personal information is more than a little disconcerting...

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: ARE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS HANDING OVER YOUR PERSONAL/ME

I know its true in BC and Campbell just "reassures us" as do his cabinet cronies. I do not like it at all. Plus the jobs should stay in BC or Canada not given to a foreign country.

You just never know what they may or may not be used for. Like if you cross the border and when the U.S. Custom agent types you license plate into computer what will show up? You have aids? A recent rectal exam? Broken bones? etc.

Privacy should be number one and if the records are in BC or Canada it is much easier to keep private. Who knows who will have access if your records are in a foreign country.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

I know its true in BC and Campbell just "reassures us" as do his cabinet cronies. I do not like it at all. Plus the jobs should stay in BC or Canada not given to a foreign country.

You just never know what they may or may not be used for. Like if you cross the border and when the U.S. Custom agent types you license plate into computer what will show up? You have aids? A recent rectal exam? Broken bones? etc.

Privacy should be number one and if the records are in BC or Canada it is much easier to keep private. Who knows who will have access if your records are in a foreign country.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Re: RE: ARE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENTS HANDING OVER YOUR PERSONA

no1important said:
Who knows who will have access if your records are in a foreign country.

Especially if this foreign country is The US of A.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

no1important said:

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

no1important said:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hey! Stretch

Wow!
The person who wrote that article worked pretty hard at it.
Lots of information there, eh?

Just think what the vet is gonna tell Bush and The Boys about my dog.

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hey! Stretch

Wow!

Calm

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hey! Stretch

Wow!

Calm

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian

Paranoid Dot Calm said:
Hey! Stretch

Wow!

Calm

Ever heard of Nexus-Lexis? This information group in Ohio has records on everybody on the Planet or so it seems. When you pull up to the Customs Window at either the Canadien or American side, our local DMV office has furnished that info to their respective computer systems. The RCMP and FBI routinely share files and criminal stats! When I drive up to the window, the lady at Canadian Customs, Revenue Canada know more about me and my family than I know. She probably knows who my daughters dated last, my dog's vet records and that my Car/RV insurance has been paid! I am Canadian Friendly (meaning I pose no problems and we are frequent visitors) and that I have datable daughters on Board has caused the summer jocks at Revenue/Customs CAN/US to pay more attention to my backseat revue and than to be asking me questions such as:

1. Do you have any firearms aboard?
2. Do you have any Beef aboard?
3. How long do you plan on staying in Canada?
4. You are US citizens, right?

So, this collection of information will be getting worse instead of better and there is no end in sight?

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian

Paranoid Dot Calm said:
Hey! Stretch

Wow!

Calm

Ever heard of Nexus-Lexis? This information group in Ohio has records on everybody on the Planet or so it seems. When you pull up to the Customs Window at either the Canadien or American side, our local DMV office has furnished that info to their respective computer systems. The RCMP and FBI routinely share files and criminal stats! When I drive up to the window, the lady at Canadian Customs, Revenue Canada know more about me and my family than I know. She probably knows who my daughters dated last, my dog's vet records and that my Car/RV insurance has been paid! I am Canadian Friendly (meaning I pose no problems and we are frequent visitors) and that I have datable daughters on Board has caused the summer jocks at Revenue/Customs CAN/US to pay more attention to my backseat revue and than to be asking me questions such as:

1. Do you have any firearms aboard?
2. Do you have any Beef aboard?
3. How long do you plan on staying in Canada?
4. You are US citizens, right?

So, this collection of information will be getting worse instead of better and there is no end in sight?