Thank you, Canada....for protesting Bush's visit!

veracity

Dec 3, 2004
NYC
Love you all....really, truly. Please understand that there are MANY Americans who are embarrassed and horrified by George Bush and his handlers, - and who were awed by your enormous show of opposition to his visit. Thank you.....so very much.

To help you undestand how many of us feel, I'd like to share an editorial I wrote for a web site in the US that fights media deception and its complicity in Bush's crimes.

NO, GEORGE, YOU WILL NEVER BE MY PRESIDENT!

AN EXPLANATION FROM TVNEWSLIES.ORG

No, it’s not what you think, George. It’s not that you managed to win this time around. No, it’s not that at all. It’s not about sour grapes, George, and it’s not about anger. You just can’t be my President, George. No way.

Good speech writers, George – all that stuff about being a President for all the people- and those heartfelt appeals for togetherness. Nice touch. But, you just can’t be my President, George, I’m sorry, but that’s the way it is.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not about your failed policies, I could survive them. It’s not about your arrogance or your inability to see the error of your ways. I could deal with that for another four years. It’s not even about your right wing ideology or your faith driven narrow mindedness. Heck, we’re a pluralistic society, and we can agree to disagree. It’s not that at all.

It’s not even about the lies. Politicians lie, and some of them even manage to lie about really important things. I could hope you’d mend your ways and tell the truth from now on. So, it’s not about the lies. Much as I abhor a liar, that’s not it. It really isn’t.

It’s not about your medieval attitude toward stem cell research, George, or a woman’s right to choose. It’s not about your archaic views about gay marriage or your dangerous disdain for the environment. It’s not even that. It’s not even about your being in bed with the NRA or the pharmaceutical companies. You’re not the first, and you won’t be the last to do that. No, George, that’s not why you won’t pass muster. It really isn’t.

So what is it, then? Do you really want to know? Do you really care why you cannot, - I repeat – cannot be my president, - not now and not ever? Do you really want to understand why I openly and defiantly refuse to accept you as my President? Do you, really, George? No, you don’t. But I’ll tell you anyway...

More:
http://www.tvnewslies.org/html/no__george__you_will_never_be_.html

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Thank you, Canada....

Excellent, Veracity. Your country needs more like you and remember, if it gets too wacky down there for you you can always become an expat for a few years.