I am SUPRISED canucks don't have capital punishment

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004
Like the topic says, I am suprised that even though the rules are the toughest in Canada, yet they still don't have capital punishment. Why? so that if you kill the bad guy you won't have a scapegoat eh??

Mercy, isn't Canadian and neither is Mercy part of a Canadian dictionary. I don't see mercy or forgiveness in the everyday Canadian, otherwise I won't be complaining on this board. Now I don't know what happened but I do remember Canadians use to have capital punishment on the express lane at one time. Is it not correct?? And the reason why I think "mercy" is out of character for a Canadian is that you canucks refuse to see that humans are capable of making mistakes. What is an acciedent seen by the rest of the world is an intention when seen by Canadians. Comunicating with a canuck is the hardest thing since rocket science, because of their uncontrollable, psychologically unstable emotions too often get in the way and may be hazardous to health. Which is why CUSTOMER SERVICE is the most frustrating job ever!! Canadians always say "I have had it!!" right after their first experience. never giving any thought or chance regardless of what it is. People who give up hope like a Canadian will never suceed.

Society will suffer more with crimminals alive in the end. Why? Us citizens, rich or poor must pay through the nose every year $70000 per convict. Even I don't make that much. They won't get a second chance in life after they are released anyway. Why? cause a record can't get you anywhere other than slave/general labour. At the end these vegetables will suck up more of the citizens money to feed his retirement. So why not kill the crimminal right from the start? I mean we have more crime than in most middle east countries. Why should we pay taxes to those who will be a thorn to our side??

My other theory is that you Canadians need a scapegoat REALLY REALLY badly, that is why you keep a criminal alive. COME ON why do you make every bad guy look like a celebrity. And when it comes to news, the BAD GUYS ALWAYS get more fame than the GOOD GUYS, WHY?? why aren't good guys worth mentioning on the news? the bad guy always make it to the front page faster than the good guy. It isn't fair for the good guys! Blame all problems from mad cow, west nile, SARS, blackouts, etc. on the guy in the slammer right? Because if you kill all the bad guys, canucks will have no one to blame for their problems. Shame shame shame. I mean seriously, what is really lost when a convict is executed?? With todays technology we can't convict the wrong person. I mean come on, Canada is in a financial crisis and yet they still keep inmates alive, people who can never be of any help or use in society. BRING ON the GULLITINE!!!

Another interesting fact is. DO YOU KNOW THAT a multi level marketing company is by far more dangerous than drug dealing criminals??? You ruin more lives by participating in a multi level marketing company than dealing drugs. I bet most of you don't know that! Multi level marketing is basically a pyramid scheme with a protective shield more than 90% of the time!! Drug dealers and most organized crime, including terrorism are but small potatoes when compared to the threats of Primerica, World Financial Group(WFG)(WMA), Amway, etc. Once these guys get your resume or phone, they will keep on harassing you to join until you change your personal info. If you don't join they have a sick disire to recruit everyone you know and the MLM agent will claim that it is you who referred them as a retaliation for rejecting. Why can't the government place more focus on this?? I'd rather put up with the junkie in the street corner than the Multi level marketing agent who trys to recruit you and your entire network of friends. Now why can't we have tougher rules for buisness when we have tough rules for everything else. You are paying taxes to the government anyway, mind as well do something right??

Complaining? me? nah I am just merely criticizing. Feel free to express your opinions. I mean if Canada does not allow criticism than someone is wrong. Somebody has to complain that something is wrong in order for improvement right?? I won't be suprised either if Canada is facist under the guise of democracy and one of you readers is a government agent trying to assasinate me for telling the truth about Canada. Just about every visitor says Canada is friendly. What happened to the visitor that says Canada isn't so friendly?? why do they mysteriously dissapear??? oooooohh. It appears only few visitors to Canada ever leave in one piece should they say Canada is less than perfect. I don't believe Canada is perfect, it is not the promised utopia, and the weather sucks.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
RE: I am SUPRISED canucks don

I am curious, Giraldi_Theirrey, why you have such a negative attitude towards Canada and Canadians.

Comunicating with a canuck is the hardest thing since rocket science, because of their uncontrollable, psychologically unstable emotions too often get in the way and may be hazardous to health

What are you talking about? Granted there are some unstable Canadians, but what makes you think that this generalization is even close to true?

As for your question about Capital punshishment (which I think is what you were asking about, after sifting through the slander, and critisiscm that isn't critisiscm), Canadians don't have Capital punishment because it is not a perfect system. We cannot be sure that we always get the right guy, and therefore the possibility of executing and innocent person is always there.

I do think that our prison system needs to be better though. It's like a free ride in there, and does cost tax payers a lot of money.

But capital punishment is not the way to solve the problem of high taxes to pay for criminals.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

Wow, I'm shocked at what you have posted.

First, yes we did have capital punishment and like Diamond Sun says it is not a perfect system. Just ask David Milgard and a few others that have been imprisoned wrongfully.

So tell us, why are Americans so critical of other countries when your own country is so skewed up. Shall we talk about prisoners in Iraq, how about Osama or better yet WMD. The majority of you are all a bunch of protectionists who are too lazy to get on board with the rest of the world and fix what you need to get fixed so you can compete fairly with the rest of the world. Lost again at the softwood lumber tariffs but as usual your elected are going to appeal a no win situation. Yup makes pure financial sense to us.

Your post is a classic example of how closed minded your country can be towards others. I'd say more but I'd get banned or have the post deleted.

Your an idiot and your post proves it.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Bev, is he (she?) American, then? I haven't seen anything that says, per se, where he is from, only that he is currently working in Canada and appears to be mildly disliking the experience. :cool:

I find it interesting that he has posted questions about looking for work, but in the next breath has made comments about being in Canada because of his job here. It is unlikely, of course, that he was allowed to come into Canada to look for an unskilled labour job.

So many questions. Something does not ring true. Mind you, one has only to consider this post to ask the most important question, does it matter who he really is and what game he is playing? I think not.

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: I am SUPRISED canucks

Bring the lithium somebody, it's a crisis we have here!!

People disappearing in Canada!! I still have cramps from the laugh I got! Thanks for the humor that I needed on this friday afternoon Giraldi :lol:

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004

Tsk tsk tsk, no one said anything about visitors and tourists to Canada disappearing or even assasinated for saying something bad about Canada. Perhaps it is true??

Secondly why are Canucks so unforgiving? Don't canucks realise that humans can't do everything right all the time? Perhaps that is why the government shouldn't make so many cuts on education so that you Canadians can be educated more properly. One thing I don't understand is that WHY DO Canadians consider words such as "mercy","forgiveness","kindness","generosity" a sin?? what is so sinful for a person to have anyone of those traits. What is wrong with helping people?? Why is mercy considered as the "greatist sin" as a typical canuck might put it. What is so sinful in forgiving someone?? Why do canucks hate those words?

I help people, I give change to the bum, I donate for cancer research, helped friends with financial problems. Is that evil?? According to a Canadian I might go to hell for helping someone or forgiving someone for their errors eh?? I admit to helping people so are you going to assasinate me for being a sinner??

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
What do you have against the Canucks? Everyone knows the Oilers and the Flames are much much worse!
:D

giraldi said:
Tsk tsk tsk, no one said anything about visitors and tourists to Canada disappearing or even assasinated for saying something bad about Canada. Perhaps it is true??
Who says we don't have capital punishment? 8) We obviously just have a different idea of what constitutes a crime is all.

Canada has an international reputation for politeness. If you've found us to be otherwise, perhaps you could provide an example or two for discussion - blanket generalizations such as yours are difficult to debate.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Re: RE: I am SUPRISED canucks don

Giraldi_Theirrey said:

Oh, no? Let me quote you... "Just about every visitor says Canada is friendly. What happened to the visitor that says Canada isn't so friendly?? why do they mysteriously dissapear???". I'd say that's someone saying something about people disappearing....unless I'm totally off base. But I think maybe that's you.

Secondly why are Canucks so unforgiving? Don't canucks realise that humans can't do everything right all the time? Perhaps that is why the government shouldn't make so many cuts on education so that you Canadians can be educated more properly.

What on earth are you talking about? Canada has a great education system, we value learning about other countries, religions, cultures, history etc etc etc. And what on earth are you basing your comment "why are canucks so unforgiving" on?

You must seriously have had a bad experience to so cloud what is obvious to everyone else. Canadians are, in general, a great bunch of people.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004

What I have against canucks?? You guys take things TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO seriously. That SARS incident,for example, if it had been a little bit worse, Canada's economy what be WIPED OUT CLEANED!!!!! ONE MAD COW was enough to send the nations stockbrokers scrambling tsk tsk tsk... YOU PANIC over matters the size of a peanut. THIS IS WHY so many canadians is suffering from heart and blood preasure problems. More people die from the common cold dude.

I only ask of one thing from a canadian. And that is to calm down, it is not the end of the world. But nooooo Canadians don't listen. and that is how I ended up on this board. You turn problems the size of peanuts to the size of a star!

Canadians always burn out from the smallest problems and ignore the big problems. Oh well, I mean ohhh Canada!

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

SARS? Mad cow? That's what this is about?

You're right - it was just one cow, but it wasn't Canada that over-reacted. THe US still hasn't fully opened the borders.

By the way - where are y'all from?

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

Isengard...
The "I'm with stupid" sign was pointing up at my post, and since you were pretty much in agreement with me...

Not to worry - I can take a joke, and I'm laughing right now.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

SARS: Killed Toronto's tourist industry. Small things make ANY investors in the world scramble. Look how many airlines went bankrupt over 9/11. It killed the industry.

MadCow: It hurt the Canadian cattle industry. It's NOT unique to Canada. Look at what happened in the UK for heavens sake.

Giraldi: You had better watch it, your generalisations are bordering on blatant racism.

But I'd like to ask you: Canada is the most diverse country culturally in the world, who do you refer to when generalising and saying "Canadians"? I'm German-Anglo-Canadian. My family is much different to someone who is Chinese-Canadian. Who are you referring to??

So what are the small things? Reacting to SARS which could turn into a widespread famine? Is that big enough for you? BSE is just as serious as SARS.

Last question: Where are you from? That way we can tell of where you base your opinions.

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: I am SUPRISED canucks

Oh, the sign was meant to point at Giraldi's "incredible" quote :wink:

I love to read post like his, it is funny to see what people can come up with, you have to wonder if they are serious about what they say or joking. If serious, makes you wonder!