French Election, 2017 - Official Thread

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Long lines in Montreal as French expats head to the polls

The pivotal, and unpredictable, presidential election in France is drawing thousands of eligible voters to polling stations in Quebec.

Voters in France head to the polls on Sunday. But for citizens outside the country, Saturday was their last chance to cast a ballot for the country's next president.

In Montreal, French citizens lined up for hours outside a private school in Outremont. Of the 85,000 eligible French voters in Canada, the vast majority of them were registered to vote here.

Many of those in line expressed fears that Marine Le Pen, leader of the anti-immigrant Front National, could win the election.

"I'm a bit worried right now about what's going on in France," said Manon Harsigny, who waited two hours to cast her vote.

"I know the far right is gaining more and more power and I really, really need to express my opinion and I don't want to feel guilty after the election."

Tight race

Le Pen is among 11 candidates in the running for the presidency. The winner is required to capture more than 50 per cent of the vote, meaning a run-off election with the two highest vote-getters will likely be held next month.

Recent polls suggest Le Pen could make the run-off, along with Emmanuel Macron, who has campaigned on a centrist platform.

But not far behind the front-runners are the establishment conservative François Fillion and the leftist outsider Jean-Luc Mélenchon.

Fillion, who represents the Republican Party, looked poised at one point to make the second round, but his campaign was hampered by allegations he used public money to pay his wife and children for work they never did.

Since the scandal broke, though, he has managed to claw his way back into contention.

As for Mélenchon, his campaign was off the radar until a spirited debate performance saw him climb to within a stone's throw of the leaders. His leftist brand of populism has some calling him the French Bernie Sanders.

"For me the worst is any kind of extreme," said Lisa Di Jorio, as she waited in a line that stretched at least eight blocks.

"That can be Marine Le Pen but it can also be the extreme opposite of that. The extreme left is not any better."

Around 10,000 voters were also registered at a polling station in Quebec City, which was expected to draw French citizens from as far as Trois-Rivières and Saguenay.

The polls in Quebec close at 8 p.m. tonight.

source

(LOL beat ya to it Flossy)

Looks like the Trumptard following will be happy with the Election.. another Anti-Immigrant Nationalist Marine Le Pen looks to be the favourite.

French election 2017 LIVE updates: Latest news as Marine Le Pen heads to the polls | World | News | Express.co.uk

[youtube]lb0P2JjJiVU[/youtube]

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think Le Pen is winning. If she does win we can all look forward to Frexit.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Frexit, yup slowly the EU is being disbanded, and all because of the Forced Immigration and Refugee issues.

Australia Introduces ‘Values’ Test for Citizenship

Canadian Conservative's was a Values Test..

Like Brexit, immigration will be one major reason for Frexit but not the only one. Our next door neighbours, like us, are also fed up of being dictated to by faceless, unelected, corrupt, foreign bureaucrats and having to pay into the EU coffers. Sky News interviewed two brothers - both fishermen - in Marseille who are voting for Le Pen because the EU is wrecking their livelihood. British fishermen voted for Brexit.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Blackie, I think the EU would have worked great if they limited the immigration to the countries inside the EU, rather than adding millions of Refugees Like Germany did.

...and Germany thought those millions would just spread out to other countries in the EU. Now they will be stuck with them.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Blackie, I think the EU would have worked great if they limited the immigration to the countries inside the EU, rather than adding millions of Refugees Like Germany did.

...and Germany thought those millions would just spread out to other countries in the EU. Now they will be stuck with them.

The EU's leaders aren't going to do anything that will scupper their dreams of turning the EU into a fully-fledged state of 440 million people (not including the UK) so getting rid of free movement within their burgeoning state is not something they are going to do. The only way you can free yourself from that us by freeing yourself from the EU. The EU's leaders want free movement because such a thing has to occur within a country, which is what they want the EU to be.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The EU's leaders aren't going to do anything that will scupper their dreams of turning the EU into a fully-fledged state of 440 million people (not including the UK) so getting rid of free movement within their burgeoning state is not something they are going to do. The only way you can free yourself from that us by freeing yourself from the EU. The EU's leaders want free movement because such a thing has to occur within a country, which is what they want the EU to be.

I think it's terrible sad to see the EU failing.. the concept was brilliant.. making it the biggest trading block and competes again the USA.

The only benefactors to the EU being disbanded are the USA and Putin.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think it's terrible sad to see the EU failing.. the concept was brilliant.. making it the biggest trading block and competes again the USA.

The EU did nothing without US/Zionist/Crown approval, the EU was and is a thing made of paper money. A concept like the UN and other controled feelgood constructs.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Too bad the EU got overtake by professional bureaucrats whose only goal is have more control in the hands of their unelected and unaccountable cabbel

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

And its member states, especially those like Greece who have been screwed over by the EU. If the EU is so good for its member states then why is euroscepticism the most prevalent view in many EU member states and is on the rise? The EU has had its day and its time all its member states were set free.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It'll be strange if France elects a new president who's named after Bolton Wanderers' stadium: