Nigel Farage says he will emigrate if Brexit goes badly

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
NWO Globalist confirmed.

On Monday night on his regular radio show, the former Ukip leader, who has reportedly been waiting to be offered some sort of position in relation to President Donald Trump's administration for months, said he would skip town if Brexit became an economic disaster.

"If Brexit is a disaster I will go and live abroad. I will go and live somewhere else."

It follows comments he made to the Telegraph, after the election of Donald Trump:

"There is a huge temptation to up sticks and move to America."

https://www.indy100.com/article/nig...onald-trump-economic-crisis-lbc-radio-7653516

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If brexit is a disaster he will probably have to move. However Brexit is in the best interests of Britain. The kleptocracy that runs the EU perhaps not so much.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
NWO Globalist confirmed.

On Monday night on his regular radio show, the former Ukip leader, who has reportedly been waiting to be offered some sort of position in relation to President Donald Trump's administration for months, said he would skip town if Brexit became an economic disaster.

"If Brexit is a disaster I will go and live abroad. I will go and live somewhere else."

It follows comments he made to the Telegraph, after the election of Donald Trump:

"There is a huge temptation to up sticks and move to America."

https://www.indy100.com/article/nig...onald-trump-economic-crisis-lbc-radio-7653516
Your Menendez Twitter quote might be more poignant if he wasn't going to trial this year for bribery and corruption.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Brexit could go either way. If the UK manages to negotiate very open trade deals with the rest of the world, that might more than compensate for Brexit. But that's a tall order in the short term. Brexit is one big gamble.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Maybe he can move to California and work on Calexit.

If brexit is a disaster he will probably have to move. However Brexit is in the best interests of Britain. The kleptocracy that runs the EU perhaps not so much.

True, Britain needs to get back to its native kleptocracy. Blind patriotism is the best distraction for corrupt government.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Brexit could go either way. If the UK manages to negotiate very open trade deals with the rest of the world, that might more than compensate for Brexit. But that's a tall order in the short term. Brexit is one big gamble.

I think they can do it easily, even negotiate the same trade deals with the EU. Business interests in the UK and the world want the same things. Doesn't matter if the UK is in the EU or not; the rich want to break down trade barriers. They'll get right on that. There's money at stake here. And nothing moves the state into action faster than protecting the wealth of the rich.

But those free trade deals are counter to the anti-globalist Brexit mentality. If Britons want the UK to just re-establish trade deals similar to the ones they had in the EU then it's just the continuation of neo-liberal trade policies that undermine middle/working class wealth, social protections and job security.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I think they can do it easily, even negotiate the same trade deals with the EU. Business interests in the UK and the world want the same things. Doesn't matter if the UK is in the EU or not; the rich want to break down trade barriers. They'll get right on that. There's money at stake here. And nothing moves the state into action faster than protecting the wealth of the rich.

But those free trade deals are counter to the anti-globalist Brexit mentality. If Britons want the UK to just re-establish trade deals similar to the ones they had in the EU then it's just the continuation of neo-liberal trade policies that undermine middle/working class wealth, social protections and job security.

Brexit is not based on economic sense, but rather on ethnic identity. with that, the UK will have a hard time accepting free movement of people, and the Eu has already said it won't budge on that.

sure they'll negotiate something, maybe like CETA, but it will be of limited scope and will hurt both sides, especially the UK but the EU too.

that said, both sides could compensate by opening to trade to the rest of the world more.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
And who would want this a$$hole? It might be interesting if he came to Canada though. He'd have even more ethnic groups to whine about.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Welcome to Canada Mr. Farage..........

Nigel is the best thing to happen to UK politics since Winston Churchill.

Really? You think Nigel Farage is better than Margaret Thatcher?

And who would want this a$$hole? It might be interesting if he came to Canada though. He'd have even more ethnic groups to whine about.

I don't think he'd pass a Canadian values test.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Really? You think Nigel Farage is better than Margaret Thatcher?

I don't think he'd pass a Canadian values test.

Yes, I do.

I can't forgive Margaret Thatcher for turning the people of Hong Kong over to the Chinese Communist Party.

How can you possibly dislike this guy?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Welcome to Canada Mr. Farage..........

Nigel is the best thing to happen to UK politics since Winston Churchill.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yes, I do.

I can't forgive Margaret Thatcher for turning the people of Hong Kong over to the Chinese Communist Party.

I'm sure if Nigel Farage were prime minister he would have had a robust and intelligent policy on Hong Kong. He probably would have put on a stupid accent and said "me order cream of some young guy", tripped over a shoe and fell through a window. I mean come on, I can't stand Thatcher but she's leaps ahead of Farage in intelligence and capability. He's got nothing on her.